Poll: Who is looking Forward to Brink?

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
I can't wait till it comes out im goin work with the Security and being a pistol user. I still think its stupid how you can't make a Female Avatar in game. But what are you looking forward to most? i can't wait to slide while shooting at NPC's and other players. Then throw a grenade as i jump onto a high ledge.

Questions
What are you looking forward to the most?
What Character will you make first eg Heavy, Medium and Light
What Weapons will you use and be proficient with?

Bethesda FTW

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
It looks interesting; I can't say I've seen anything that makes me actively excited, but it certainly seems a bit different to the standard shooter fare these days.

I'm guessing I'll go medium, I like balanced characters, and I enjoy rapid firing short range weaponry, such as SMGs, so I'll probably be going with light weapons.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Meh.

It's a shooter. You shoot people. With a gun. Again.

If I do get it, it's only because there's nothing genuinely good coming out for a few months.

Chaza

Dec 15, 2010
It looks pretty fun, I have some money I'll most probably buy it.

I think I'll go resistance. I don't know really.

Guns look fun as well..

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Xzi said:
Zhukov said:
Meh.

If I do get it, it's only because there's nothing genuinely good coming out for a few months.
Not your typical shooter at all. If you're looking for a break from the CoD-type standard deathmatch shooters, this is it. It's closer to Team Fortress 2 in terms of overall design.
I know. I've watched the videos and read the news.

I'm not saying it looks bad, just utterly unremarkable. There's only so many gameplay embellishments you can put on "shoot the other guys" before they all start feeling the same. And being a multiplayer game, it doesn't have story or characters to fall back on.

I have to say though, the visual design is solid. The characters have a certain appeal, even if they are trying way too hard to be cool. Especially the rebels.

Although, come to think of it, I really don't see the point of all that visual customisation. You can't see any of it because it's all in first person. And the other players won't notice because they're too busy. They'll only be looking at you for the fraction of a second that it takes to think "friend/enemy/shoot?"

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If the guy playing that wasn't so awful, I'd probably be more enthusiastic.
I'll probably get it once it goes down in price.

El Cookio

Dec 4, 2009
I'm really lookin' forward to this too, just hope it'll live up to my expectations, i've been disappointed by a few games so far this year and I hope this isn't another.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I still don't get why everyone's so hyped about it. I'm not trying to hate- I actually wish someone could tell me why it's so good to get me excited too. The inclusion of bots already has me half sold, and Mirror's Edge controls sounds interesting... but is there anything else that makes it so 'wow'?

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
SPAAAAAAACE!

I'm actually quite excited for it. I've always been that guy trying to pull off athletic dodges and jumps in FPS games, so this is going to be a treat for me.

Sharalon

Jan 19, 2011
Xzi said:
Zhukov said:
Meh.

Not your typical shooter at all. If you're looking for a break from the CoD-type standard deathmatch shooters, this is it. It's closer to Team Fortress 2 in terms of overall design. See below:

OT: I'm very excited for it. I've had it pre-ordered for a while now. I don't think it will quite get the attention it deserves, but it will be sleeper hit and slowly grow in popularity over time.

And for the love of god, this is NOT a Bethesda game. I would have no interest whatsoever in another Bethesda shooter. Remember Wet? Brink is being developed by Splash Damage, the people who brought us such gems as Quake Wars and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. It's only being published by Bethesda.
Wet was also just published by Bethesda. Just saying...

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
I'll be a Light Operative with a Shotgun. Jumpy jumpy, sneak up behind enemy, BAM, Dead, And then cake.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
Borderlands + Team Fortress 2 + Mirrors Edge... I'm intrigued to say the least...

It's nice to see another gorgeous cell shaded shooter instead of the usual hyper-realistic mess, but I'm still going to be waiting until some reviews come out before picking up the PS3 version. I've got about 2 dozen games I need to work on, so this one will have to wait until summer.