Poll: Who is your favorite game developer?

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
All-time, it would be Looking Glass Studios (shocking, I'm sure). They created the most games that I've loved out of any developer I can think of and did some great, innovative things with games.

These days it's tough. I like what international developers like GSG Game World (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), 4A Games (Metro 2033), CD Project RED (The Witcher), and Frictional Games (Penumbra, Amnesia) are doing in an industry where so many games are very similar to each other. But at the same time, new releases from Blizzard, Bioware, and Bethesda tend to get my attention.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Having just played Jade Empire, I gotta say Bioware. All their games I've played were awesome. Although I was pretty disappointed in ME2's story though. They lose some points there.

krection

Offensive Muggle
Jun 12, 2011
I'd have to say Irrational Games. Who could forget System Shock 2? Also, Bioshock is in my opinion, the greatest game of all time.

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
Surprised by the choices, didn't think Team ICO was one I would put on a list like that. But anyways, my vote goes to Naughty Dog, because they essentially defined my childhood with Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter. They tie with Insomniac for making Spyro and Ratchet and Clank as well. Honourable mention goes to Bioware, who I'm surprised isn't on there.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
Ubisoft, Bioware, and Nintendo.

I'm pretty sure that I only said Nintendo because if I didn't, some cosmic rift would open up and absorb the entire staff responsible for making my Legend of Zeldas.

Psiboom

Oct 11, 2009
Atlus, speaking of which. I've yet to get Catherine and pre-order DS: Overclocked, I should get on that. It'll soon be time to climb blocks and shoot lightning bolts out of my DS like it's apocalyptic Tokyo. owait

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
I love you VALVe, I really do, but I've loved Bioware for much longer so I'll stick with them as my favorite, even after DA2.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Atlus. I love their games. Especially if you count games that they published and brought to the States like Odin Sphere.
I'd love to see them remake that. I seen video and read about it of course but that is one that I would definitely buy day one if they made it on a console that I had.

OT: Sega. Yes still. Especially now that Shenmue 3 is no longer just a pipe dream!

Okaaaaaaay so now Captcha' is trying to get us to buy cable via bastardization of affirmations? That's low. Maybe too low.

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
Psiboom said:
Atlus, speaking of which. I've yet to get Catherine and pre-order DS: Overclocked, I should get on that. It'll soon be time to climb blocks and shoot lightning bolts out of my DS like it's apocalyptic Tokyo. owait
Or more likely you'll just feel like you're playing Q-Bert while watching Bedazzled....

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Valve is pretty good. The amount of times it takes for them to MAKE the game is ridiculous, but it pays off.

Insomniac is pretty damn good. I like Resistance and RAC.

Debojaan games is fantastic.

Azaez

Jul 29, 2011
I'm going to have to say Valve, it's not because im some huge fan boy, but they have always made games that were always good and had alot of replay value than any other game developer.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
With Valve, Half-Life and Portal seem to be their only good series' in my opinion. TF2 can only hold my interest for a few days, Counter Strike seems really boring, and DotA2 hasn't caught my interest one tiny bit. I despise Bungie and Blizzard. Nintendo has some good games. ICO has only made two games, and I haven't played either, but a little interested in them and will probably pick up the HD remakes... Naughty Dog is ok. Crash games were just ok and from the little I've played of Uncharted 2, I don't see what is so great about it... Would say Square Enix for the Final Fantasy games, but their other series' weren't too great. Same with Bethesda (Oblivion was just boring).

As for my favorite... hmm... People Can Fly and The Farm 51 and definitely up there, along with Irrational Games and id.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
mikev7.0 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Atlus. I love their games. Especially if you count games that they published and brought to the States like Odin Sphere.
I'd love to see them remake that. I seen video and read about it of course but that is one that I would definitely buy day one if they made it on a console that I had.

OT: Sega. Yes still. Especially now that Shenmue 3 is no longer just a pipe dream!

Okaaaaaaay so now Captcha' is trying to get us to buy cable via bastardization of affirmations? That's low. Maybe too low.
Isn't it coming to the PSN? I love it, the biggest complaint against it being that it came out on a console that couldn't really handle it. A rerelease would satisfy me. The makers are working on a new game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Crown_(2012_video_game)
I can't wait!

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
I'm gonna go with BioWare mainly based on the hours I've sunk into playing both Mass Effect games thus far, as well as the hours I've sunk into KotOR, Jade Empire, and the Dragon Age games. And it says something when their weakest game imo, DA2, is still far superior to most other mainstream titles out there.

Mr.Floppy

Jan 14, 2011
All time? Free Radical. Timesplitters is still my favorite FPS franchise since I found TS2 in my local used games store. I'm still depressed they're in limbo or whatever the hell happened after they were locked out of their offices. Its particularly bitter because they were advertising for TS4 when they were shut down... Fuck haze for ruining that godly studio!

Currently? Bethesda. They are responsible for the digital crack-meth that is the current gen Fallouts and I cant get enough Fallout (400+ hours and I'm still obsessing over it). Is Skyrim something I'm looking forward to? Yeah, sure, but the first thing I thought when I watched the gameplay vids for it was "the fallout sequel they make using this engine is going to be so glorious!"

Actually, now that I think about it, its a tie.

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
Is it ok to say Team Silent?
I mean, you never said present ;-)

Other than that you really forgort Bioware. I mean, they disappointed the hell out of me with Dragon Age 2, but they are still responsible for some of the best games out there!

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Tie between Irrational (Ken Levine, my gaming idol) and Visceral (for making games that I seem to obsess over. Dante's Inferno and Dead Space? I love the look of the main characters and they both have great expanded universes (Dead Space's motion comics are fantastic.))