Poll: Who is your favorite game developer?

FreakSheet

Jul 16, 2011
Valve. Steam is awesome (I actually have a backlog thanks to the Steam Summer Sale... thats NEVER happened to me before), They don't milk their franchises year after year (I don't think they've made a game past 3) and their marketing practices are smart (looking at you EA Marketing Department >.>)

Basically, all round nice guys.

EDIT: Also, Clover Studios. Oh how I miss you... :'(

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Nintendo because they created the modern game industry. Plus there games are really varied. I mean I love valve but all they make are fps'es. They are good fps'es but a little more variety would be nice.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
CDProjekt Red
From Software
Square Enix
Bethesda
Clover
Cavia
inXile
Frictional Games
Starbreeze Studios
Icepick Lodge
Piranha Bytes
...ok, and Team ICO and Valve

T1tan45

Oct 19, 2010
Before they made re-releases by adding super or ultimate to the title, and cancelled Megaman Legends 3, I would have said Capcom.

Now I what to say:
1.Bioware
2.Epic
3.Bungie
4.Capcom (I still feel that there is still hope for them)

InfectedStar

Jul 7, 2011
I gotta say Epic, I absolutly loved the Gears of War series (with the slight exception of multiplayer in the second).

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
mikev7.0 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Atlus. I love their games. Especially if you count games that they published and brought to the States like Odin Sphere.
I'd love to see them remake that. I seen video and read about it of course but that is one that I would definitely buy day one if they made it on a console that I had.

OT: Sega. Yes still. Especially now that Shenmue 3 is no longer just a pipe dream!

Okaaaaaaay so now Captcha' is trying to get us to buy cable via bastardization of affirmations? That's low. Maybe too low.
Isn't it coming to the PSN? I love it, the biggest complaint against it being that it came out on a console that couldn't really handle it. A rerelease would satisfy me. The makers are working on a new game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Crown_(2012_video_game)
I can't wait!
Thank you for the information but this looks like another ATLUS or at least ATLUSesque title that I will have to miss out on due to lack of a PS3. Too bad too because it looks like a game I would really enjoy. Honestly it has a bit of a Golden Axe look to it doesn't it?

I'm with you about a rerelease of Odin's Sphere though. Cross platform and on PC dare I dream? If you hear anything about that actually happening please let me know.

!! As an aside, congratulations Sir on the most obscure Richard Dawkins reference I have ever seen. Well done! I still have no clue what the guy biting his glove means tho'....

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
FirstToStrike said:
VALVe and Sega are my favorite developers.
Soooooo let's just say you had to y'know pick only one? Or are they equally brilliant in your eyes?

Have you played Captain America Super Soldier yet? It may sway your opinion.... especially if you enjoyed the Arkham Asylum game. It just has that feel to me. Which is a really good thing.

Just saying.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
mikev7.0 said:
FirstToStrike said:
Soooooo let's just say you had to y'know pick only one? Or are they equally brilliant in your eyes?
VALVe is way better. However I am a shameless Sega fanboy.

Garchomp445

Jun 28, 2011
Even though my (very recent) childhood was defined by battlefield 1942, I have to say VALVe. From the little I've played of half-life 2 episode 2, it was better than any other FPS I've ever played. It felt less like a linear game, like Battlefield Bad Company 2, and more like a series of encounters. Sure, It's a lot more linear and restricting than Fallout 3, But VALVe has three more things going for it: Portal, Portal 2, and Team Fortress 2. Portal is an excellent game, superb in showing off the genre, Portal 2 is awesome in different, but equally good ways, and Team Fortress 2... Is strange.. I find myself always going back for more Team Fortress 2 when I have too little time to play Fallout 3. Team Fortress 2 is cool, full of charming antics, and well-balanced. It's fun being a Pyro, because all you really need is the opportunity to wreck your opponents team, and you have all the tools you need to do it. Yeah, so what if all I play is the Pyro? She's cool. (By the way I voted for VALVe.)

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Considering they made my favorite RPG (And perhaps all around game), along with New Vegas, I would have to say Obsidian

A close second is Bioware for Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Both are great series.

Also close up on the list is Rockstar. RDR and L.A. Noire (Which they pubished, not developed, I know) were great games. But still kinda eeehhhh compared to, say NWN2, MotB. Then again, I like RPGS the most.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
I didn't know Sony DEVELOPED games.
Incidentally despite my Bethesda game avatar, I picked Valve due to the Half-Life/Portal series, their online shooters, and Steam.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
s69-5 said:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Atlus. I love their games. Especially if you count games that they published and brought to the States like Odin Sphere.
And Disgaea. ;)

They gain massive points for helping NISA get off the ground.
True. I did a double take when I saw the publisher name on the case of Hour of Darkness. And I love me some NIS even if they have been hit and miss this console generation.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
jackpackage200 said:
Im going to say Valve. They consistently make great games.
Bioware, Square Enix, and Atlus not options?

I can almost understand Atlus (it is sort of a small niche company) and Square Enix (people are very polarized about them) but no Bioware? Really?

Yeah, gonna have to go with Bioware.

bob-2000

Jun 28, 2009
Bioware, no doubt. I love every single one of their games (and yes, that includes DA2).

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
FirstToStrike said:
mikev7.0 said:
FirstToStrike said:
VALVe is way better. However I am a shameless Sega fanboy.
Fair enough, I love me some VALVe as well, they just have yet to develop a large enough body of work where I would feel okay judging them at all yet.

Also while I'm not a fan myself it is puzzling why they aren't making a game that they and everyone here know would be a top selling game the month it came out. Half Life Episode 3. That's a ready cash cow a'waitin'. I just don't get why it's waiting.