Poll: Who wants a Red Dead Redemption 2?

Pistachio101

Mar 1, 2011
I like the game but I feel like there would be a good chance that you would play as John's son rather than John himself (for obvious reasons). Rather than 'Red Dead Redemption 2' instead have it going on from 'Read Dead Revolver' so maybe have it as 'Red Dead Rebuke' or 'Red Dead Rage' (and yes, I realise they were terribe examples. Hence why I am not in the title-creation industry)

TheDist

Mar 29, 2010
Pistachio101 said:
I like the game but I feel like there would be a good chance that you would play as John's son rather than John himself (for obvious reasons). Rather than 'Red Dead Redemption 2' instead have it going on from 'Read Dead Revolver' so maybe have it as 'Red Dead Rebuke' or 'Red Dead Rage' (and yes, I realise they were terribe examples. Hence why I am not in the title-creation industry)
I agree with you there. Though I get the feeling if they do, it may end up as a prequel with john in his younger days, I'm not sure I'd want that personaly.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
No.
Set it sometime in the 1800s with a new character, new areas and a new story and I'd probably buy it though.

What the hell would Redemption 2 be? Jack goes to fight in WW1 because the old West is gone?

zdeno_chara33

Mar 11, 2011
TheDist said:
Pistachio101 said:
I agree with you there. Though I get the feeling if they do, it may end up as a prequel with john in his younger days, I'm not sure I'd want that personaly.

i agree with that to, i actually wouldnt playing as his son though but the name thing thats a good point

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
I would definitely be interested in playing some sort of sequel, but there would be so much to consider in terms of when and who with. I'd love something just as big in terms of the locations, and with just as much stuff to do. I still even haven't done the 100% for RDR yet even though I've done the main storyline (will have to go back) and it was just, I don't know.

Maybe it was so good because it was unique. A sequel seems like a good idea but it could be hit or miss. Hey, I'd be willing to give it a go.

Pistachio101

Mar 1, 2011
TheDist said:
I hadn't really thought of prequel. I'd prefer that to playing Jack Marston but like before I think a whole place in the wild west with new characters would be best.

Ohakoo

Sep 7, 2010
I dont want another red dead I mean I love the game but I don't want to play a sequel to it. What I want is for Rockstar to take what they have learned in that game ie. Story telling is good. and make it advance in another game say GTA 5 or even a completely new game/ series of games.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
I'd perfer a Red Dead where you play as John during his time in Dutch's gang. Start off when he was orphaned and etc.

A Prequal :)

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Red Dead Redemption is one of my all-time favorites, but that story is over. You can do a western, but not a sequel. I'd prefer Rockstar make a pirate game, though. Their penchant for characters with a dirty appearance and a dirtier soul is a perfect fit for it.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
...that'd be confusing. It's technically be Red Dead 3, seeing how Redemption was the sequel to Red Dead Revolver. It'd probably take another "Re" name, like Red Dead Revenge or Retribution or Retaliation.

More on topic: Another Red Dead game? Sure. I'm all for it. A continuation of Redemption? No. John's story had a good arc, and setting it in the dying days of the west kinda makes continuing with Jack's story very difficult. Set it earlier and get a new protagonist. Nothing against John Marston, he was a great character, but his story has been told.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
I'd be fine with a 'gameplay' sequel meaning many of the gameplay elements are the same. I don't think I'd want to see any of the characters come back. (maybe one or two cameos would be okay) Basically, do what they did with GTA. Samish gameplay different place/characters/story. Honestly I'm not really sure why they called the game 'red dead' other than it's a cowboy game like the first one. I kept waiting for Red to turn up and say 'hi' as an old geezer... though 'Uncle' might be him.

SoulChaserJ

Sep 21, 2009
I want Red Dead Redemption Sins of the great great great great grandfather. It should take place well in the future(say 1000 years) featuring a relative of John Marston named Mal(it means bad). He could fly in a space craft doing odd jobs and being the "good" bad guy. He could have a rag-tag crew of lovable miscreants but they would only be minor players..probably NPC's with a mission of their own here and there(kind of like Sly Cooper's Bentley and Murray). They could fight against the galactic legion that stands for everything that's wrong with the 'verse. Then they could add on an undead'ish pack that would add these meta-human, kind of crazy cannibals that cut on themselves and raid random towns/planets. Yeah......

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
I loved Redemption, but i dont want it to have a sequel. More expansions if you like, I'll gladly pay for DLC, but please no sequel into a franchise status.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
i think it would be cool if they sequeled it rockstar style doing a traditional sequel wouldn't work i dont think but im all for more western games

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
-Cough-

It wont be called Red Dead Redemption 2

Better Way for the Post:

Would you like an Red Dead 3

Also:

Red Dead Retribution is the most badass name to ever come around... just an IMO for a Red Dead 3

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Pistachio101 said:
Or how about Red Dead Redeader?
I liked RDR but I don't think I would get a sequel. To tell you the truth, I'm not too into R*s new serious turn; it all seems a bit forced. If they were good at it, I would be more into it.
Honestly, I'm not even sure if I'm getting the next gta game either... and San Andreas is one of my all time favorites.