Poll: Who wants a Red Dead Redemption 2?

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
Lt. Vinciti said:
-Cough-

It wont be called Red Dead Redemption 2

Better Way for the Post:

Would you like an Red Dead 3

Also:

Red Dead Retribution is the most badass name to ever come around... just an IMO for a Red Dead 3
I already want Red Dead Retribution. That name is limitlessly awesome.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I'd like to see them do something a bit more fantastic - A Steampunk game that is as good as RDRedemption. That'd give me all kinds of special feelings...in the pants.

Then again, Rockstar hasn't really strayed much from historically accurate settings. I'm excited for L.A. Noire nonetheless.

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Isn't the series red dead not red dead redemption?
I remember playing Red dead revolver on my PS2. Pretty fun game.
It should be more like Red dead 3 instead of Red dead redemption 2 as RD redemption WAS the sequel

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
I'd definitely want a Red Dead 3, but not a direct sequel since that would most likely involve Jack as the main character and I couldn't stomach listening for him an entire game. I could barely tolerate him for the hour I kept playing after the main story.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
The Red Dead Redemption story is completed. I sequel would be pointless. Another Red Dead game might be good, but I am also on board with the poster who said a Rockstar pirate game.

EDIT: Or even better Bully 2.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Red Dead Redemption in number 2...Red Dead Revolver was the first.

Red Dead Retribution sounds awesome though!

Canman2941

Mar 17, 2011
Well it depends on a lot of variables, like time period, character. After the ending of rdr I just fell out of the game.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
I loved the game but Rockstar seem to be going in the direction of trying different stories etc like with L.A. Noire and I prefer that to them just sticking to the same formula, unless it really warrants it.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I do!

and to elaborate... there's plenty of room to expand too

looking back... the ending was so amazing (I'd say I was left in a daze, but the same could be same for my whole summer last year...)

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
No.

I loved the game, but Marston's story is done.

Use the engine and the gameworld to create some new stories involving new characters in DLC-form if you like, but no more Marston.

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
Loved the game, but a sequel to the story in Redemption would be a bad idea since it had a definitive ending... Unless the whole Undead Nightmare is canon, than maybe continue with that...

Also, heard the next Red Dead game may be called Red Dead Revolution and may be about the American Revolution...

DreamerM

Feb 28, 2008
I'd like to see a downloadable content where you get to play as a young Langdon Ricketts, when the West was in it's heyday....

But I'm still traumatized over loosing John Marston. I swear Rockstar, somehow your outlaw gunslinger was the most relatable, most likable hero you've ever given us..

The Hot Sauce Thief

Nov 14, 2010
Well not red dead redemption2 exactly considering this game was 2nd in the red dead series, but if a new red dead game was made, that would b cool i guess
( without john marston though )

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
That world...
John Marston's story was brilliant, but it's over now. RD:D drew from The Searchers, and all the other great westerns, to create one of the most compelling and original tales in a long time. Even so, the sheer beauty and magnificence of that world trumps what would otherwise be one of the most original video-game plots of the decade.

I adored that game, but I'm not going to buy a sequel. They nailed the world so completely that any possible sequel would just feel like story DLC, rather than something compelling. The they crafted was so seamless, immersive and - damn...

I could go on for hours, but you get the point. Red Dead was brilliant, but I don't want a direct sequel to it, even if the plot is just as good. What I really want, is for Rockstar to take that world, that characterisation, and that level of story telling somewhere else, and to craft another stunning game in a different time and place.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
More on topic: Another Red Dead game? Sure. I'm all for it. A continuation of Redemption? No. John's story had a good arc, and setting it in the dying days of the west kinda makes continuing with Jack's story very difficult. Set it earlier and get a new protagonist. Nothing against John Marston, he was a great character, but his story has been told.
This.
Kind of a sequel in the way Redemption was to Revolver; similiar names, totally different stories and characters.

I would love Jack to make an appearance as a character similiar to Landon Rickets, though, if it's set later. I doubt it would though, since it was all about the Wild West's final days.
I would just be content with another Red Dead title.
At least one cameo/reference to Redemption should be in it though.