Poll: Who would win in a fight? Harry Potter or Vegeta?

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
I don't even follow Dragonball and I know this is no contest.

These saiyans can pretty much crack worlds in 2 with their foreheads. the majority of the magic in the harry potter books are clever analogies for replacing our technology with their tricks. Our tech is no match for the saiyans period.

I read all the Harry potter books. Aside from that time travel amulet that Hermione used in one of the books there is no mention of time distortion magic at all. seems awfully useful if it did and should have been tossed around all over the place in the finale. Nope, no sign of it. So I'm gonna go with Vegeta wiping the remains of Potter's skull off his knuckles in teh eye blink between potter raising his wand and not having a head anymore.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
EternallyBored said:
True enough. I don't know much about either. Well, I know the Abridged DBZ but, well, I tried to watch the show and I couldn't. But the Abridged is way too hilarious. But evidently you've given this more thought than I possibly could given limited info beyond the movies. I tip my non-existent hat, I concede.

Captcha: lizard poisons spock

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Stephen O said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
These are so pointless. Either can win provided the right handwaves, it's just a matter of who the writer is rooting for.
We're not basing this on story or backup from supporting cast etc.

Harry and his magic against Vegeta and his flawed moral superiority and fighting skills.

I think magic would beat Vegeta.
Huh...and here I thought the mods normally lock "who would win in a fight" topics down pretty much immediately.

The answer is Vegeta...rather obviously so. OP's entire argument hinges upon an event that may or may not occur..."Vegeta giving Harry a free hit." Vegeta is also cold-blooded and rather ruthless, uncaring about straight up destroying people who are quite obviously weaker than him. One energy attack - which Harry would have no defense against since it's not magic - and Harry would be vaporized. Or - considering the fact that Vegeta can move faster than the human eye can see - all he'd have to do is "appear" behind Harry and snap his neck.

Verrik

Sep 28, 2012
Uhhh. I may not know much about Harry Potter, but from the little I do know, it just seems like SOOO many things would have to be stacked in Harry's favor, for it to even be considered a fight. Like, is Harry given enough time to prep before hand? Does he catch Vegeta off guard? Is Vegeta just standing there and letting Harry cast his spells?! Things like that, and EVEN THEN, I feel like Vegeta could STILL wipe the floor with Harry.

Vegeta gets thrown into mountains, head first, on a regular basis. So, he's obviously able to take a hit better than Harry. First time Vegeta punches him or hits him with some kind of energy blast... Harry's dead. Then there's the whole being powerful enough to blow up planets on a whim (so, technically, Vegeta doesn't have to be anywhere near Harry to kill him) and being able to move at incredibly high speeds. So yeah... my vote goes to Vegeta.

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
If Vegeta gave Harry a free shot, Harry would win (this is assuming he is willing to kill the target). Of course he would resist the Stunning Hex, the Laceration Curse, and even the Killing Curse. However, there is one spell we KNOW would work, as it basically did in the anime. The Imperius Curse. Vegeta is quite easily capable of committing suicide.

However if no free shot is given, Harry is chunky salsa before he even registers a fight is happening.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
I was super prepared to jump onboard with everyone else, but Vegeta does have one glaring weakness. He's very cocky and might actually let Harry strike first. After all, if we're talking about Vegeta from the Saiyan saga, he'd probably read Harry's power level, find next to nothing (Scouters can't read magic right?) and laugh him off as not being a threat. Like most DBZ villains, these guys often take forever to actually go all out and prefer to use the Alucard approach of toying with their prey first.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
TT Kairen said:
If Vegeta gave Harry a free shot, Harry would win (this is assuming he is willing to kill the target). Of course he would resist the Stunning Hex, the Laceration Curse, and even the Killing Curse. However, there is one spell we KNOW would work, as it basically did in the anime. The Imperius Curse. Vegeta is quite easily capable of committing suicide.

However if no free shot is given, Harry is chunky salsa before he even registers a fight is happening.
Imperius? Questionable at best. Do recall that Vegeta was downright complicit in Babadi's mind control spell because he wanted to reclaim his ruthlessness and as soon as Babidi ordered him to do something he didn't want to Vegeta forced him out of his head. By appearances he's at least as capable of resisting the Imperius curse as Harry is.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
I'd have to say Harry Potter.. because vegeta is much more powerful. let me explain Vegeta likes to boast and brag and talk big. Any DBZ fan knows theres a direct correlation between How much vegeta boasts and brags and how severely he gets beaten down.

The most famous example being the fight with broly. Declares himself the prince of all saiyans and demands broly kneel...he is taken down in One shot.

So naturally. By that law... Vegata would be boasting and bragging up a storm and then get humiliatingly Avra KaSHUTYOFACED by Harry.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Even if we go with the most powerful version of harry we ever see VS the weakest version of Vegita we ever see, even if Vegita gives harry a first shot because he is a cocky *****, even if he lets harry team up with all the wizards he knows, Vegita still wins.

Captcha: Case Closed

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
There's not a single argument in this thread for Harry winning that is the least bit convincing. Above and beyond the worst was "if he had a time dilation spell" which he doesn't. At least as far as I remember he doesn't. So too damn bad, Vegeta would plant a fist in his skull long before he had a chance to cast a spell.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
So Harry wins if he has the time to prep (As would Batman) and Vegeta wins hands down, no contest if its an unplanned encounter (As would Superman).

There. Two plus decades of arguments condensed into one sentence. Thank god its over now.

You're welcome.
Was with you till you said that, batman can't win ... ever. Much like Harry Can't win ever, vageta is willing to kill (only example that springs to mind is puipui 'cos I watched it yesterday) Harry Potter never even seemed effective in his own universe ... although I don't think Vageta is effective in his.

Either way you slice it, Vageta can blow up Earth and Harry potter has a twig that can do magic but isn't exactly needed for it.

It's like that joke, "I'm a ninja, I can kick you in the ass without you noticing"
"Go on then"
Then without moving you say "want me to do it again?" or some crap ... except Vageta would do to harry what Goku did to Racoom ...

Oct 20, 2010
Stephen O said:
I was discussing this with my girlfriend and we have very opposing views.

She thinks Vegeta would win, and if it was just a brawl, he probably would, but taking everything about the characters into account I think Potter would be the victor.

Think about it, Vegeta basically lets Cell upgrade so he can get a challenge, then fails miserably. He lets Majin Buu get released, again, for a challenge, but fails miserably against him.
Vegeta would look at Potter, laugh, then offer him a free hit. All Potter would have to do is either stupify, or avada kadavra. Fight would be over.

Plus, Harry's protected by the most powerful spell of all. His mum's love. (aw

What do you guys think?

Sorry but Potter doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. He simply cannot precieve Vegaeta's movements. The fight would be over so fast you would think Harry spontaneosly dematerialized.

Also Potter lost HARD to Luke Skywalker in DEATHBATTLE, and Luke (much as I love him) has nothing on Vegeta either.

Next question?

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
This seems a lot like asking who would win between WH40K and most other sci-fi universes.

Just because you personally like a certain thing doesn't mean it's going to win against something that's made to be overpowered.

Vegeta wins. Easily.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Never underestimate the saiyan spirit.

First off, Vegeta was able to take over his own possessed mind through sheer force of will. I would say that Babadi has a lot more magic power than Harry Potter but wasn't strong enough to tame Vegeta let along defeat him.
Secondly, Vegeta was never merciful against pitifully weak characters like Kui or Dabura. He would either recognize Harry Potter as someone he would destroy immediately or recognize his magical talent enough to not allow him to cast spells on him. In either instance, he would attack Harry and I don't know that he would have any defensive options against Vegeta.
Main and final point, even at his weakest acknowledged point, Vegeta was able to single handedly destroy planets. The more powerful magic seen in the Harry Potter universe would be equivalent to Krillin.

I would expect Vegeta was his known weakest to be superior to Harry Potter at his best with every magical potion, tool and spell at his disposal.
In truth, the two universes are too completely different and measured in such different ways that the two characters really shouldn't be compared at all.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
MonsterCrit said:
I'd have to say Harry Potter.. because vegeta is much more powerful. let me explain Vegeta likes to boast and brag and talk big. Any DBZ fan knows theres a direct correlation between How much vegeta boasts and brags and how severely he gets beaten down.

The most famous example being the fight with broly. Declares himself the prince of all saiyans and demands broly kneel...he is taken down in One shot.

So naturally. By that law... Vegata would be boasting and bragging up a storm and then get humiliatingly Avra KaSHUTYOFACED by Harry.
By that rationale, just as Vegeta is a braggart, Harry is a ponz who would never cast Avada Kedabra.

MonsterCrit

Feb 17, 2015
Johnny Novgorod said:
MonsterCrit said:

By that rationale, just as Vegeta is a braggart, Harry is a ponz who would never cast Avada Kedabra.
The thing is Harry might not have to cast any spell... if Vegeta was allowed to talk and monologue long enough Harry could probably beat him with a finger flick to the forehead. That's VEgeta's law. The more he talks the more embarassing the beat down.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
This is a joke topic, right? Its like asking who would win: The Punisher or Dora the Explorer?
Vegeta by a literal planet away.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Silentpony said:
This is a joke topic, right? Its like asking who would win: The Punisher or Dora the Explorer?
I don't know... I think Dora would cut a ***** up if she was pushed to it.

I mean, look at her. She's pretty hard core, and I think she's actually calling you out!