Poll: Why do YOU do what is right?

Linakrbcs

Jul 29, 2010
Just because it's right. Because it needs doing. Because even if it makes no difference in the long run, anything else would be wrong.

Kuroneko97

Aug 1, 2010
I do my best to be nice to others, until they're not nice to me, and I usually do what I believe is right.

Because if I don't, it'll come back to bite me in the ass in ten years.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I feel guilty if I do the wrong thing. If I did something bad when I was four, I wouldn't live it down untill I was 84.

Kanima423

Feb 3, 2010
I am a strong believer in karma so I kinda want good to find me instead of bad. Not that it works like that but at least I know I can sleep at night.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
I've never felt the need to have to justify doing what's right. I still don't feel the need to justify it.

Nick Angelici

Feb 14, 2010
Id like to not be known as a douche, and it just feels natural, see guy in need, ask whats up, if I can help, I will, if I cant, I cant

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
i don't tend to do 'good' for my own personal gain. If i see a situation where someone needs a bit of help, ill help them out to make them feel better, i don't really care how greatful they are, but if they don't even say thanks that's a bit rude. If someone asks me a favour and it's not too much of a burden to me then ill help them out and not expect any favours in return.

Dunno what that makes me tbh =P

Ps: i would like to mention that your part on the poll about impressing the ladies/gents, it's only really true for us gents, and not even 100% for us.
I'm not trying to dig your poll, but i thought i'd mention that being really "nice" like bying gifts and giving compliments doesn't really do you any favours with women, despite how much sense that would make.

Women sure be crazy! ;)

Master Taffer

Aug 4, 2010
Real world rewards. If it makes my life easier by doing good things then I will. If there's no perceivable reward for it, then I honestly will just mind my own business. I'm an ethical egoist, so I do everything out of my own self interest. Does that make me selfish? Yeah, but I don't see how looking out for one's self is morally wrong. Why should I aspire to give cake to others, but consider myself greedy if I pursue cake for myself?

I still aspire to be polite, though. I get nothing from being rude.

rammst13n

Jun 26, 2011
two reasons, if i dont then i fell bad, and if i do what is right theres the possibility that someone will actually care about me

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Because I can symphatise with the others, so I don't want them to suffer. When other people are happy, my conscience is silent.

Also profiting myself is a part of it. If I'm part of building a society where people aren't jerks who try to hurt each other, I'm going to be more safe.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
It's a tie between making myself feel better and treating others may end up giving me a good reputation, which might give me some reward in one way or the other.

Being kind toward others also keeps the social part of my life somewhat stable. Now if more people around my age would treat eachother better, we could actually create a better future.

I accept large donation for building a real-life Rapture (plasmids included).

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
I do whats right because its right, it makes others happier and makes me feel good about doing it. On the poll thats somewhere between Altruism and Self image but is not really either.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Mainly for my conscience. I'm as annoyed at myself for doing bad things as I would be at someone else who did it.