Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Because my ancestors didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat tree bark! If a cow had the chance it would eat you and everyone you love!

Also I live and work on a black angus beef farm so me not eating it would be kinda...odd. I have half a steer in my freezer as I type this. He's tasted pretty good so far!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I eat the F*CK out of meat. Cheese burgers, beef stroganoff, bacon, pork products, chicken, chicken products, steaks, and if you consider fish a meat, then every fish in the sea. ((My favorite being swordfish. I have never enjoyed food more then a fresh swordfish steak))

Very few things i eat have no meat in them. And quite often, i will put beef products in them, so i can have the food i enjoy, and enjoy it even more. Ramen? Put a little ground chuck in it. Salad? A little shredded chicken on top! Beef? Deep fry it wrapped in bacon and roast beef!

But i do enjoy vegetables too. I make many dishes, sauces and broths using vegetables as a base. Like i make this Red and Green pepper sauce, with a touch of ranch to put over steak and chicken dishes. And i cant enjoy a good steak or burger without sauteed mushrooms and garlic.

But i eat meat ((lololololol)) because i enjoy it. The texture of good beef on my pallet ((LOLOLOLOL)) is something i enjoy every chance i get. Greasy, sloppy, refined or dried, all meats are welcome. ((ROFLOLOLOLOLOL i said meat))

/done-with-sexual-innuendos-on-purpose

Giza

Feb 28, 2012
legend forge said:
I eat meat because it is what we as humans are biologically required to do, and it's damn tasty because of that.
legend forge said:
Vegetable protein is very different from meat protein. True vegetarians have to work so hard getting the nutrients they need, and I hate most of the foods I would have to eat.
I am going to be nitpicky and point out that you obviously misused the word "required" in the first quote. Your second quote shows that you know that it is not required.

I am vegan and I don't find it that difficult to get the nutrients I need from non-animal sources.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Meat is awesome. Meat provides me with all the shit I need. A human cannot live a healthy life as a vegan. Humans are omnivores. Inescapable truth. Meat, fruit, dairy, cereals, and veg are all awesome.

Kanova

Oct 26, 2011
Fucking delicious, that is about it really. Also, it opens up a lot more food options.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
DixonMarcus Chad said:
Hi to all my friends we are in need of some new people for the expansion of our team urgently, if you are willing to do simple online work from home join us. No experience required, weekly payment, weekends off and level bonuses,Read more on this site... makecash16.comONLY
spambots should be made into spam

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
I eat meat for the express purpose of revelling in the suffering of lesser animals. I'd eat puppies and kittens if I could fit them in the pot.

What a silly question. I eat meat because I do. My mum was a vego on and off when I was growing up, but meat is tasty.
Admittedly, I don't eat a *lot* of meat, but that's just a quirk of my bachelor lifestyle. I wouldn't give up bacon for all the cute fluffy animals in the forest.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
Because there is not reason not to. Because I'm a omnivore. Because my diet is not destroying the environment.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Because it does Vegetarians a favour. If nobody in the world ate meat, you wouldn't be able to feel all smug and superior, and treat what is really a complicated multi-layered issue as "you eat meat; you are a bad person".

Also, show of hands who has become far less likely to become a Vegetarian after seeing thread after thread on this topic? I know it's put me off it.

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
The human jaw and teeth are designed to eat meat. I enjoy how meat tastes, and I was evolutionarily designed to eat it. Thus, I eat meat.