Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Greetings humans. Today I would simply like to know, why do you eat meat? And if you do not eat meat, you can tell why not.

I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment. And I hate the greasy taste it leaves in my mouth. Also: "Look at me! I'm so hipster for not eating meat!"

Now your turn!

Commonly Confused

Jan 30, 2012
I love meat. I was raised on fruits, vegetables, and meat and that has definitely carried over into adulthood.

I cannot handle junk food (mostly sweets) or foods that are too salty because I rarely ate them back then.

It is just how I was raised.

I occasionally feel bad when I bite into steak or something of the like, but honestly, I do not consider humans and animals to be that biologically different. Assuming the meat was obtained rightfully (that is, no one was murdered for it) and it was cooked thoroughly, I probably would not have a problem with trying human meat.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
While I'm not a HUGE meat eater anymore (I HATE 'bloody' meat) I don't see the problem with eating meat...so I do it.

Lets face it, planets are alive as well, so if you don't want to 'kill' anything you'd have to eat rocks.

Lots of animals eat meat, including humans, and who am I to go against my biology.
;)

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Because it is tasty. Why do I eat anything? I like how it tastes when I put it into my mouth.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
Because it is tasty. Why do I eat anything? I like how it tastes when I put it into my mouth.
This

If it tastes good, I eat it. If it doesn't, I don't. Thus, I eat meats, most fruits, and very few vegetables.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I can't justify unnecessary slaughter to myself, so even though I liked the taste and it made up a large part of my diet at the time, I stopped eating meat. The ridicule I had to put up with when I gave it up was so absurd that it only strengthened my resolve.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Because I can...?

Look, I'm under the opinion that there's room for all God's creature right next to the diced potatoes and the veggies smothered in some kind of tasty sauce. It's not my fault they are delicious that way.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Aris Khandr said:
Yeah, that'll do me, tankya...

Though I'd change that to 'I like how it tastes when I bite into it'.

As a kid I belonged to the 'Plant Liberation Front'... as my old man so eloquently put it. But I've since 'growed up' and I eat comparatively little meat these days and my culinary repertoire is sufficient that I can do with or without meat. So I'm very *meh* about it, I guess... though I will probably go mad if I don't get to eat my mom's roast pork at least once a month... -_-

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Because it tastes great, besides I also it a lot of vegetables since I love those too so I don't see why I should stop eating meat, also you get the proteins you need faster I think, regardless I barely have any meat on my body so I need all the fat I can get since I run out of energy fairly quickly and fat is basically reserve energy, though I still haven't managed to get any.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Because it's easy nourishment.
And it's tasty. I won't claim it's the tastiest thing there is, but it's certainly more tasty than veggies.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
I eat meat because it tastes nice and it can't run fast enough to escape. To me, vegetables are the things that are put there on the side, their "taste" barely registering through whatever means I've decided to hide them with.

Eating is a necessity and I'll be damned if I make it unenjoyable.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Soods said:
I eat meat because I like it. It's tasty, and it's the cheapest and easiest way to feel full and get those nutrients. I don't kill and hunt personally because I don't like it, but I understand it's only natural and this world would be a total mess if we suddenly stopped hunting all animals.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
I've considered going vegetarian in the past, I've settled on being a meat eater who likes to keep up on exactly where my food's coming from, and how it was treated.

It sounds silly to some, but hear me out. Animals suffer when they're killed for food, but well, animals suffer all the freaking time. It's practically a given that you show me any animal, and it's going to suffer and most certainly die. Being eaten (often alive if by other animals), dying of disease or growing old, none of these are fun experiences. For example, elephants. When they grow old they lose their teeth and starve to death. No fun!

But it IS important to me that before they're killed, they're treated humanely, with a quick and mostly painless end.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I guess I could come up with some rationalization, but I'll be honest: I just like the taste of meat too much to quit. I won't try to defend it.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
(Also where is your avatar from that shit has been bothering me for months now I mean shit its trippy as fuck)
The new Alice in Wonderland [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_%282010_film%29]

I make sure I buy my meat from farms where the animals arent subjected to horrid living conditions though. A steak tastes so much better when you know the cow had a good life of wandering around fields eating grass and dozing in the sun prior to landing on your plate.
Oh no, if they're wandering and grazing, you're losing out on the best flavor. Get the ones that aren't allowed to move. Instead, the cows are massaged by hand every single day. The meat practically melts in your mouth into a puddle of pure happiness.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Because all animals eat animals and always will till the end of time. And pigs and cows smell like ass, why would you want to defend those kinds of mindless herd animals? People think we're eating cute little bunnies and kittens or something. Just grow a spine and eat your pigs.