Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

CruxisCalling

Jan 27, 2011
I'm vegetarian, but not exactly by choice. My body physically regects meat (and many other foods) and I almost always end up in the hospital if i happen to eat it. I have my own set of dishes that have to my washed seperately and that only I can cook on, because any leftover food from someone else's cooking makes me have one of my attacks. Even just the smell of meat, if strong enough, can send me to bed with a horrid headache for the next day or two.

Having said that, I hate the way meat-eaters and vegetarians go at eachother. I can't count the number of times people have started insulting me as soon as they hear the word "vegetarian". Hello, I come from a family of hunters. I have several deer hanging in our garage now, waiting to be skinned. I take part in it! And the vegetarians are no better, freaking out when they see someone dig into a steak. Sure, we don't like it, but they do and there's nothing wrong with that. Just because the food is disgusting to us, doesn't mean the person is. We like things they think are disgusting, too.

Meat-eaters: don't assume vegetarians are these smug bastards who avoid meat just to make themselves feel like they're better than you.

Vegetarians: don't assume meat-eaters are disgusting, selfish bastards for eating something that you think is unnatural to eat.

We're all bastards, and we're all wrong. Get over it!

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Aris Khandr said:
Oh no, if they're wandering and grazing, you're losing out on the best flavor. Get the ones that aren't allowed to move. Instead, the cows are massaged by hand every single day. The meat practically melts in your mouth into a puddle of pure happiness.
Yeah, I love meat but I draw the line there. I had a lamb chop once, it was DELICIOUS. Then, I held a lamb.
I am NEVER eating lamb again. I also won't eat veal on how I've heard how their raised, just seems too damn cruel.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
CruxisCalling said:
I'm vegetarian, but not exactly by choice. My body physically regects meat (and many other foods) and I almost always end up in the hospital if i happen to eat it. I have my own set of dishes that have to my washed seperately and that only I can cook on, because any leftover food from someone else's cooking makes me have one of my attacks. Even just the smell of meat, if strong enough, can send me to bed with a horrid headache for the next day or two.

Having said that, I hate the way meat-eaters and vegetarians go at eachother. I can't count the number of times people have started insulting me as soon as they hear the word "vegetarian". Hello, I come from a family of hunters. I have several deer hanging in our garage now, waiting to be skinned. I take part in it! And the vegetarians are no better, freaking out when they see someone dig into a steak. Sure, we don't like it, but they do and there's nothing wrong with that. Just because the food is disgusting to us, doesn't mean the person is. We like things they think are disgusting, too.

Meat-eaters: don't assume vegetarians are these smug bastards who avoid meat just to make themselves feel like they're better than you.

Vegetarians: don't assume meat-eaters are disgusting, selfish bastards for eating something that you think is unnatural to eat.

We're all bastards, and we're all wrong. Get over it!
Alright, you deserve some sort of medal for that. It's nice to meet someone who isn't just "My way of thinking is correct and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and evil". A nice refreshing change of pace, in my opinion.

Although if it were me I would have said don't assume ALL vegetarians are smug bastards who avoid meat etc... These threads would never get made if none of them were.

SilentBobsThoughts

Dec 29, 2009
I eat meat cos I can. I eat what I like to eat and meat is on the menu. It (Meaning meat) in my opinion, is harmful only to the economy under the situation it stops being mass-produced the environment? Cows and methane farts. (I don't care enough to argue this point so don't bother)

Feb 13, 2008
I am an omnivore, I have canine teeth, and I cannot get enough protein from vegetable matter.

Also bacon.

Also, we're the only animal that has the cerebral cortex large enough to actually consider altering out food habits over the depth of emotion that other animals are incapable of having - or they'd consider the exact same point.

You can be a vegan/vegetarian for your own beliefs, but they do not shape anyone else's; be it flesh, fowl, fish, flora or fauna.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
Because I don't get psychic powers from it.

That, and I'm picky enough as it is. Taking meat out of my diet would leave me with water and oranges.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
Redlin5 said:
Meat tastes good. Really good. Venison is amazing.

Yup, I'm a meat eater till the day I die.
I will go further and say I won't stop until I have tasted every kind of meat the world has to offer! On my death bed I will eat myself!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
VanTesla said:
Redlin5 said:
Meat tastes good. Really good. Venison is amazing.

Yup, I'm a meat eater till the day I die.
I will go further and say I won't stop until I have tasted every kind of meat the world has to offer! On my death bed I will eat myself!
I've already eaten a bit of myself. I taste alright.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
my brother buys kangaroo sausages because aparently its cheap

....I have a thing agaisnt eating animals with that much..fur

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Jzolr0708 said:
The human jaw and teeth are designed to eat meat. I enjoy how meat tastes, and I was evolutionarily designed to eat it. Thus, I eat meat.
Actually the human jaw and teeth are better adapted to eating fruit and vegetable fibers. If you look at the mouths of pure carnivores you will notice that there are actually quit a few differences between our teeth and jaw structures and those of animals actually specifically adapted to eating meat. Man it is o 1:30 here and I am a little tried to type out a long explanation but do this. Walk out side find the nearest non hostel dog examine his mouth teeth and jaws to the best of you abilities, dog are adapted to eating meat. Now got home examine your mouth teeth and jaws. Note the difference?

Human beings are not specifically well adapted to eating meat that doesn't mean that they can't or shouldn't. Human evolved from species that who's main food source was plant matter. Occasional the would find meat either from insects or carrion. Humans evolved to eat both meat and plants though I think it is safe to say that a human diet should consist of mostly vegetable and fruit.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Meat is tasty.

And eating meat is not harmful to the environment... What is harmful is what the people selling the meat do to maximize their profits.

But hey, you could also argue that agriculture is harmful to nature, as it affects the biodiversity the area has.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Because I like to get my energy from it. And no not because bacon, I actually prefer avian and fish meat good sir.

Pork is one of my least favorite meats (Not because of any religious reasoning, I just think it tastes pungent and maybe I have horribly over sensitive taste buds, but it kills my appetite for things)

Beef is okay but I don't like it all the time.

Chicken and fish are my favorites.

And don't ask me to give up sushi.

mrF00bar

Mar 17, 2009
Soods said:
I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment.
What? How is it harmful to the environment? I mean wiping out an entire species of animal for food consumption would be bad but we don't do that when we eat cows.

Obviously a meat eater, always time for steak.

Mau95

Nov 11, 2011
Aris Khandr said:
Because it is tasty. Why do I eat anything? I like how it tastes when I put it into my mouth.
"We do not eat to live; we eat because we live"

Ieat meat because Iprefer it over bitter tastes like chicory and cucumber (which is more tasteless). I don't eat soy (meat replacers) because of allergies.

Limecake

May 18, 2011
mrF00bar said:
Soods said:
What? How is it harmful to the environment? I mean wiping out an entire species of animal for food consumption would be bad but we don't do that when we eat cows.

Obviously a meat eater, always time for steak.
cows produce a buttload (pun intended) of Methane which is considered a greenhouse gas. if we didn't eat meat we wouldn't need cows.

but I love meat! it's so tasty and a great source for protein. My grandma is a vegetarian, although this was because she worked for her dad (a butcher) when she was a kid so it's more of a personal choice for her.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
Soods said:
Eating plants is bad for the environment.

I win. Now go tell your opinion to lions, wolves, crocodiles, sharks, etc