Poll: Why do you (not) eat meat?

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
Because it tastes soooo good. And I don't have to kill them, or see them die. Until I am forced against my will to do so my opinion will not (likely) change. I love the other animals but...roast beef and chicken! Chicken! So keep prodding scientists to develop/grow synthetic meat.

Colonel Joson

Apr 20, 2008
I eat meat because I'm kinda the opposite of a vegetarian. I don't eat veggies because I don't like the taste of them

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
I might be one of the few here who knows how to make his own hamburgers. In High School, I went to a slaughter house on a class field trip for Ag Class. I believe in a balanced diet, high in fruit and veggies, mid range in carbs and fiber, and mid range in protein. I know there are non-meat sources of protein but they are hard to come by and I am not that big of fan of peanuts.

I like my meat. ;)

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I don't really get vegetarianism I mean i understand not wanting animals to suffer but,
hlike it or not we as a spiechies were designed to comsume meat its in our DNA humans are omnivores we were designed to eat both meat and plant matter.
even our closest relation chimps eat meat (hell chimps will even eat other chimps in the wild)

so eat your tofu and whatever but leave me and my bacon alone...

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I like eating meat because I like to know that what's giving me nourishment died horribly... It brings me great pleasure...<.<

besides Fuck vegetables... meat is superior...

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Because it tastes good. ^^ What more reason do I need? Hmm, roast beef, lettuce, honey mustard, cheese and pepper, sub. -drools- ...

In the words of Luffy D. Monkey: "MEAT!"

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
I eat meat, it just tastes really good. I sometimes feel bad for the animals, but at the end of the day, it's what humans have evolved to do. We are meat eaters, and that's all there is to it. But I respect people's choices, and I like seeing that most restaurants have vegetarian options these days.

Khada

Night Angel
Jan 8, 2009
Horrid for the environment, it's terrible for you, animals feel pain, loss and fear as we do and we treat them horrifically from birth to death. I don't know how anyone with a clear understanding of biology, evolution (in general and specifically the brain) and who know of the way animals are treated in the production of store bought meat can possibly justify it.

Scrap that. I know it can't be justified. The only reason is indifference, empathy deficiency, ignorance and taste.

R0cklobster

Sep 1, 2008
I remember seriously considering becoming a vegetarian a couple years ago (albeit the consideration only lasted one day, serious as it was) and I think that the bottom line is just that I love meat way, way too much to give it up, to the point where I almost get angry if there isn't any for dinner.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Adventurer2626 said:
Because it tastes soooo good. And I don't have to kill them, or see them die. Until I am forced against my will to do so my opinion will not (likely) change. I love the other animals but...roast beef and chicken! Chicken! So keep prodding scientists to develop/grow synthetic meat.
People have brought vat grown meat up quit a few times in this thread so I thought I would put my two cent in on the matter.

They are

The day vat grown meat becomes the only meat option, is the day I become a vegetarian. I don't there is something about the thought of eat vat grown meat that make me throw up in my mouth a little. It seems unnatural to me. :(

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
Because 1 i love meat, it'S awesomelly good, way better then vegetables. second because we are not grasseater only, human body need meat

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Soods said:
I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment.
Do you also NOT;
-ride in any powered vehicles
-use any electricity (that isn't guaranteed 100% from wind power)
-eat any plants made from destroying forest or local wildlife
-eat any plants made by chemicals that harm the environment
-plants that are imported long distances
-plants that are made in energy-intensive greenhouses

???

HavoK 09

Apr 1, 2010
Soods said:
Greetings humans. Today I would simply like to know, why do you eat meat? And if you do not eat meat, you can tell why not.

I do not eat meat because I believe it is harmful for the environment. And I hate the greasy taste it leaves in my mouth. Also: "Look at me! I'm so hipster for not eating meat!"

Now your turn!
you eat vegetables that are plants that create oxygen and consume the deadly CO2, you are eating the Earth's lungs while im just another guy eating the things that harm plants