Poll: Why you would survive a zombie apocalypse (and many others won't)

jestertheork

Sep 1, 2009
I know in a zombie apocalypse, I'd survive quite well because I made my own plan, and observed other populare plans, then casually added those to my list of DON'T DO's. Why? Because if web site tells you to go to the mall, (because of food and weapons) everybody will, and then a non-undead war WILL break out. And others say go to the gunshop, but the first person to be there will likely be the one who owns it, and he's not gonna share the guns with you as much as hot lead.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
How would I survive? Why, I'd use the search bar. After all, it is still shiny because of how much use it doesn't get. I'd beat all the Zombies to death with it.

Crossbows to the head also work. Medieval, yet still fun!

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Radeonx said:
How would I survive? Why, I'd use the search bar. After all, it is still shiny because of how much use it doesn't get. I'd beat all the Zombies to death with it.
You know what annoys me more than repeated threads? Search bar posts.

On topic, if a zombie tried to eat me, I'd just eat him back.

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
What would Gordon Freeman do?

That's right. I'd take a crowbar and bludgeon them all to death with it.
Unless they ar the infected zombies, in which case I would hide out or try to leave the area otherwise i would risk infection.

Nobody ever says whether turning into a zombie is painful.

Jun 6, 2009
This has been done before. In fact, aren't those choices the same from the last one like this?

But in al seriousness I would use a flare gun, a lever action rifle, and one of those shiny Raging Bull 44. cal pistols.

Aug 25, 2009
Leave, get out of town and never stop moving, evaluate the zombies, find how they attack, what their abilities are. Stay hidden until I either know I can fight them, or get the information to someone who can.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Radeonx said:
Ooor... You could have avoided this thread. If by some miracle you hadn't worked out what he meant from the title, you could have not posted and left. Either way, you spamming to up your post count is far worse than him posting a repeat thread.

I'd go to the local B&Q or Homebase. I doubt many people will be thinking of sheds at a time like this, and zombies will go to the largest concentrations of survivors first - simple stuff! :D

SilentVirus

Jul 23, 2009
When people say what they are going to do during the zombie apocalypse like "ill get a M16 and go crazy" I admit I'll be scared crapless and wait until things get under control. I refuse to go outside with a shovel defending myself from the recently turned New York population.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Two ways to surive a zombie apocalypse:
-By being the Zombie Master / Necromancer.
-By leaving the planet (make sure no zombies are on board of your spaceship).

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
jestertheork said:
I know in a zombie apocalypse, I'd survive quite well because I made my own plan, and observed other populare plans, then casually added those to my list of DON'T DO's. Why? Because if web site tells you to go to the mall, (because of food and weapons) everybody will, and then a non-undead war WILL break out. And others say go to the gunshop, but the first person to be there will likely be the one who owns it, and he's not gonna share the guns with you as much as hot lead.
I'd steal a nice sized boat, anything capable of surviving open seas (maybe not too far off the coast), I'd steal some fishing rods and bait and learn how to fish (I kind of already do).

Basically the only problem I'd have is making fresh water and I'm sure if there ever appears to be a zombie apocalypse coming I'll research it real fast.

Osmosis maybe? Also rainwater works...

Basically it would be a lot of lazily floating around in the ocean waiting for all the zombies to die off and hoping the disease doesn't spread to birds or sea creatures.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Barricade myself in my house and play a lot of zombie apocalypse.
It's a good party game.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Go and find guns and a lot of ammo. Then off to the local grocery store. The cash offices are high up, easily locked and would allow many options for havoc.

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
Aside from my nerdy answer that I've read a lot of books on it (And always keep Max Brooks guide with me), watched the movies and observed the do's and don't of zombiehood, and I can negotiate well with other human beings, I'd say I'd survive it just because I'm crazy enough to attempt to do more than just survive; I'd attempt to LIVE.

That may sound vague, but most people's key goal is survival. And I say hodgepodge to that, you need to live. Keep yourself entertained, engulf yourself in some odd activities you've always secretly wanted to do (Like Hollywood Squares in Dawn of the Dead), and if you're one of those 14 year olds who managed to survive because you're what you claim to be, a nerd (I'm a hypocritical 17 year old one who legally owns all his guns, so ha to all you 14ers.), procreate. The world'll need more people.

This is too much explaining, so here's the bottom line; 4-6 people group, everyone carries their weight, always be on the lookout, and take and run. Never stay in a place for more than two weeks tops. Getting adjusted will just keep you on the radar. :D

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Rural area, or from world war Z I liked the bit about the guys that were holed up in the castles

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
I know I would survive a zombie apocalypse because I would stay on the move all the time and not do the fatal mistake of actually thinking that I could "dig in" somewhere "safe".

There are no safe places in a zombie apocalypse. It doesn't matter if you try to hide out in a mall, a castle, a military base or just in a basement. The zombies will get in sooner or later, or you will starve to death.

By staying on the move, taking certain precautions, like not sleeping for an entire night, but change my sleeping pattern to a 15 minute nap for every hour and only stop to re-supply fuel, food and ammo or the eventual change in vehicle, the zombie horde would just be way too slow to catch up with me. > : )

As the addage goes: I can run, but I can't hide. Especially during a zombie apocalypse!

jestertheork

Sep 1, 2009
good chester, for i have memorized it. i'm not leaving the city, too dangerous. all the common exits are highways (which may get jammed) and all the dirt roads lead to open feilds. as i live in the farmlands of alberta (canada) the fields would be open to sniper fire, my best bet is to stock up on fuel stabilizer and stay away from hospitals

seaneldo666

Oct 6, 2009
because i have a full suit of greek armor and a chainsaw and katana in my room haha suck on that zombies