Poll: Will you buy a PS5 or Xbox 'two'?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Given that they don't exist yet, probably not in the near future?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on the games and what prices PC tech is going for in comparison.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
I'll buy an PS5 Pro... better graphics and will have lots of good games on the cheap by the time the revision comes out.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Not by default. They have to be designed as gaming consoles, then I might. I actually intend on buying a new computer when TESVI comes out. And knowing me, that is a big deal.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Probably a PS5, but I need to see it first. Afterall, who knows what a whole generation of being top dog has done to Sony, and what this means for their next console.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Honestly, I feel like I just bought a PS4, so no. There is still a ton of stuff I need to play on my PS4 so I doubt I would rush out to buy one for at least a couple of years after launch.

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
No. I will get most of their games for my PC anyway. Also i don't even have a TV anymore.

Mar 30, 2010
Xbox. It's not a question of exclusives, or console specs, or price - it's a question of how many of my friends game on each platform. Currently as it stands I have 1 friend who owns a Playstation and 24 friends who own Xboxes. Therefore I shall be getting an Xbox so that I can continue to game with my friends.

That having been said I only got my One X last year, so if the next generation shows it's face any time soon I'll be pissed.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
If and when there are enough games on the console I care about.

I didn't pick up the PS4 until last year when there were finally like half a dozen PS4 games I couldn't get elsewhere that got me to break down and buy it.

OTOH, Pretty much everything XBOX has(that I care about) I can play on my PC which kind of defeats the point of me ever buying one because I'm gonna PC game regardless.

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
probably not. rigth now my main gaming device is my switch, because i lack time and tv availability, and i will probably upgrade my computer before thinking of buying a new console.

but when ps6 willcome out, my kids will be a lot older and they will need less attention, so i migth think about it

whmchrish

Jul 12, 2014
Eh, I'm in no rush for the next generation to come knocking. I didn't get into the new one until 1.5 years into it, and I don't really see myself buying either the PS5 or Xbone2 on day one.

Having said that, it's pretty much garanteed I'll get both within their lifespan, and the first one I get comes down to witchever one has the biggest selection of interesting exclusives, and/or the best support for backwards-compatibility.

Honestly, I feel slightly more inclined to get the Microsoft console first, casue they've done a pretty good job with said BC this cycle - and I have enough games in my backlog to keep myself entertained well into retirement at this point anyway.

skywolfblue

Jul 17, 2011
Despite the fact that the PS4 has been out for a while, I only have around 4 games for it. As opposed to 20+ for the xbox 360.

No more mass effect. No more dead space.

I'm really hoping to see more games come out for the current generation rather then a new one so soon.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Probably not. But on the off chance that they actually decide to make games their priority again I'd probably buy a Playstation for the first time. The Xbox One has soured me on the brand even though I bought it on the cheap, primary as a 4k blu ray player. I didn't even intend to use it very often for games and I still play it less than I anticipated. I typically play on PC and now that most xbox exclusives are on there why should I ever consider another xbox?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
I can get the vast majority of games on PC (and usually cheaper too), so any console purchase would stand or fall on its exclusives. I overall like Sony's exclusive line-up more and since most of Microsofts are also available on PC, it would likely be a PS5. That's still an 'if' tho.

Fonejackerjon

Aug 23, 2012
Grouchy Imp said:
Xbox. It's not a question of exclusives, or console specs, or price - it's a question of how many of my friends game on each platform. Currently as it stands I have 1 friend who owns a Playstation and 24 friends who own Xboxes. Therefore I shall be getting an Xbox so that I can continue to game with my friends.

That having been said I only got my One X last year, so if the next generation shows it's face any time soon I'll be pissed.

Jesus...did they all start gaming with Halo or something? I?d be more pissed to be hamstrung to a largely inferior gaming device; at least in terms of worthwhile software. Do they at least play games you like?

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
I'm gonna need a good PC anyway since I am a 3D artist. While I have become a dispassionate lazy arse, I do need to poke at my portfolio every now and then and I'll be fucked if I can't even run Substance Painter.

And we kinda live in an age where most games are multiplatform. And consoles have largely lost their convenience plug and play factor, requiring subscriptions and downloads and shit I don't wanna deal with. Even if I do have a career switch, I'd probably continue buying good PCs since I'm so used to the damn things.

The last console I've owned is the PS2. I loved it and majority of the titles I played on it were exclusive. The game library at least gave me a reason to own it.

If I ever move out and live with friends(highly unlikely, not giving up free rent), I might see the value of a console for social purposes - but I'd probably get a Switch or something for Mario Kart and Smash.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Mostly depends on the games, obviously, though I'd be leaning towards X-box over PlayStation these days.

They've done the swap again.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
Maybe a PS5 since all Xbox games will be on PC anyway. Though PS4 has a pretty weak line-up in my opinion so that's why I might not even bother with consoles at all next gen.