Poll: Will you stop buying Bioware?

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
Well I didnt buy Mass Effect 3 because I got sick of all the bullshit and ambuguity leading up till release. So maybe, it depends how much their next game interests me vs how much they piss me off.

Im likely to buy Dragon Age: Origins, and Baldurs Gate soon, so I guess that answers that.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Other.

Bioware seem to always make my list of: "I'll get around to it some other time."

And I end up just not buying their games period. I'm not made of money and my interests don't necessarily end up elsewhere, but something else fills the gap in the mean time. But seeing the shitstorm that has ensued I can't find myself pumped to pick up any of them anytime soon. I have my gaming fill for the year so far, lots of nice indie titles and stuff I purchased during the steam sale to tide me through any big releasers crap.

So I'm afraid I'm just one of those 'meh'-ers.

Will I? Possibly, they haven't tempted me much so far.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
Nah, I stop buying bioware for awhile, I only got ME3 coz I wanted to end the story. I hate unfinished books. But Bioware remind's me of a bad boyfriend/girlfriend. Says they loves you then punches you in the face, apologises and says they will never do it again, then punches you in the face again.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
That depends entirely on what they do with this Mass Effect 3 mess. If they fix it, and if they fix it good, I'll forgive them. If they don't, then they are dead to me. I can't trust a company that destroyed one of my favorite video game series in less than 10 minutes.
my thoughts exactly

or if i see DA3 looking amazing i might buy it, but anything less than looking amazing before release will no longer get a purchase frome me for them anymore

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
They made easily the most immersive RPG world in any game series in history - one that caused me to care more about the characters and what happened to them than I've felt in any other game.

Am I going to stop buying their products because of 10 minutes of bad gameplay in 1 title?

Is this a serious question?

Most companies can't manage 10 minutes of *good* gameplay in a game, Bioware managed everything but 10 minutes being absolutely ridiculously amazing and 10 minutes being merely mediocre and disconnected.

That's still pretty fucking fantastic.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Depending on what the game is of course, if they made a brown shooter I wouldn't, but I wouldn't buy one from any other company for that matter.

Then I'd wait to see if people without priorities lost their minds, so I'd weight the consequences of being associated with that game and it's fans.