Poll: Will you stop buying Bioware?

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
First of all, I am sincerely sorry for having to add another ME3 thread to the mountainous pile that already exists. I was just curious though: after all this bad press, a lot of people are now saying they will no longer buy from Bioware. I've always doubted whether boycotting (or anything similar) actually works, so here's a poll to see how many people are actually going to stop buying Bioware?

P.S: Please answer truthfully; as in don't say "Hell no I'm not buying!" then find yourself pre-ordering ME -Online Wars- or something. Only vote for what you really think will end up doing.

EDIT: Sorry about the confusing title, should be fixed now.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
I will not be purchasing a Bioware game or product, until I am sure 100% that it will satisfy me completely.

Ive been called an Entitled Idiot by the after purchasing their product, so yeah that doesnt put them on my preferred producer list.

Grivahri

Mar 26, 2012
If the next game is Kotor 3 then I will buy the game regardless. If it is another mass effect game I will not buy it, at least not until we can get some closure from Shepard's story.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
My girlfriend and I have been Bioware pre-orderers for many years now. She recently made ME3 her first ever Collector's Edition purchase. We've bought all their DLC, and I've even bought ME1 three times because I kept misplacing the disk.

If the ME3 debacle isn't resolved in some fashion that I consider satisfying, those pre-orders and launch day purchases and collector's editions will become $10 digital download sales day purchases a year or more after release, if I buy at all, and the DLC can go rot in a hole. At that point, I just won't trust their ability to tell me a story without fucking it up and breaking their dick at the finish line.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That depends entirely on what they do with this Mass Effect 3 mess. If they fix it, and if they fix it good, I'll forgive them. If they don't, then they are dead to me. I can't trust a company that destroyed one of my favorite video game series in less than 10 minutes.

Roserari

Jul 11, 2011
I'm not going to buy a BioWare game if it continues to maintain the rotten standards as seen in Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. If it's a good game, I'll buy it if it's in my interests.
Never not buy a game because of the company, but because of the game itself.

MiloP

Jan 23, 2009
Very much depends on the game. The only BioWare series I am really into is Mass Effect, and now that that's pretty much done and dusted, so it very much depends on what they bring out next.

I'll always consider it though. Despite my issues with the gameplay of other BioWare games, no developer as ever sucked me into a story quite as well. Hell, I played Dragon Age for five hours past the gameplay becoming boring and dull, just for the story. So I'll always keep a close eye on BioWare games.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
If it interests me, yeah. They can't have as big a fuck up as Mass Effect 3's ending again... can they?
CAN THEY?!

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
ME3 didn't convince me to stop buying from Bioware. I already quit over the marketing nonsense in the run-up to the DA2 launch--and that game turned out to be less than most of its fans were expecting as well.

Tayh

Apr 6, 2009
I'd love to buy Bioware.
I'll have to settle for buying a copy of their games.

Accidently voted for "Absolutely, I'm committed", when I wanted to vote for the exact opposite.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
If they make a good game, I'll buy it. That hasn't happened that much recently, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
If Dragon Age 3 gets good fan reviews...then yes.

But aside from that..no. Dragon Age died with DA2 and Mass Effect 3's ending killed that off for me.

Other companies deserve my money...like CDProjekt who actually respect their fans (and can make a better RPG anyway)

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I swore off them after Dragon Age 2 and I haven't bought ME3 or TOR, and I won't be.

If they stop using origin and stop basically making their games DLC platforms I'll happily come back.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Your thread title and poll question don't match up. You don't know which one people will answer when they use the poll.

Yes, I am going to point this out every single time someone does it.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
boag said:
I will not be purchasing a Bioware game or product, until I am sure 100% that it will satisfy me completely.

Ive been called an Entitled Idiot by the after purchasing their product, so yeah that doesnt put them on my preferred producer list.
Same here. I'll wait a week or six, or maybe even 6-10 months before I buy a game of theirs that I might be interested in. And I'll keep an eye on the fan reviews rather than the journalist reviews before I buy it.

Never again going to buy Collectors Edition stuff from BioWare. (Which I was going to do this time, but for no apparent reason the Best Buy store I pre-ordered it from was not carrying the collectors edition at all, so I couldn't buy it. But I was gung-ho to buy it; even bought the pre-order as a Christmas gift, along with the three novels, for Mrs. Makt since she is the real fan in the household. I'm just the loudmouthed one.) Not going to pre-order again. Won't pick up the minor packages (extra appearance packages, for example) for instance. They've lost my business (likely forever) for minor things like this, thanks to the ME3 debacle.

But full games? I'll decide one game at a time.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Yeah, I seriously doubt I'm done with them. They make games that I love. So unless they just release MMOs or first-person shooters from now on, I still see me enjoying their games.