Poll: Will you upgrade immediatly?

TheEmoSpeeds666

Jan 15, 2012
When the Wii U, Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 are released this year or next, will you be one of these people who buy on launch day, or will you wait for the library to pick up and this generation to become obselete?

I personally am not upgrading my PS3 until a) It's cheap enough to buy with out bankrupting myself, and b) the PS3 stops getting games made for it.

feeback06

Sep 14, 2010
Honestly it depends on what they are offering me on launch day. It's too early to tell otherwise.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Most likely I won't buy it until the first price drop or at least a good bundle. So maybe not for 2.5 years.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Unless it has a library that meets my quota (12 games that I can't play on another system) right off the bat, no. I never saw the point in early adoption, especially when launch libraries are generally lackluster.

"But someone has to buy it early!"

Yeah, well, maybe if people didn't buy it just because it's new, then they would learn to wait until the machines are really done and have a decent library to start off with.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Fuck no.

The only real reason for me to buy one console over another is the games available on it.

There's going to be bugger all available to begin with and launch titles traditionally suck donkeys anyway. Besides, I wouldn't want to buy one console then a year later start seeing dozens of awesome games come out on the other one.

Plus I mostly use a PC anyway.

TheEmoSpeeds666

Jan 15, 2012
Zhukov said:
There's going to be bugger all available to begin with and launch titles traditionally suck donkeys anyway.
I know what you mean. I mean, Pilotwings Resort? It was that one game from Wii Sports Resort ported for the 3DS, with obviously tacked-on 3D.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, I usually wait until the new console phases out the old one, when the trailers and commercials stop saying "On Xbox 360 and 720!" and start saying "Only on Xbox 720!" And even then, I normally wait until it's a game I want.

yRar_972

Jan 15, 2012
I'm not buying a new console until years later. For one, Microsoft and Sony in particular release a refresh of their console a little later (PS3 slim and the glossy black 360, anyone?). And the only other reason is to see if there are any hardware issues (Microsoft, I'm looking at you). Besides, my console still works and I still like the games on it.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
As soon as I can.

It'll have to at least have a few games I'm dying to have, first, though.

The idea of waiting in line several hours for a system that doesn't even have any games sounds stupid.

And the only system I have ever found to be rewarding to have as soon as possible, is a Nintendo system. Because they pretty much always launch alongside at least one really awesome first-party title. Not enough for me to worry about doing dumb things to get one sooner than later. But enough to buy hopefully sometime within the first month at my leisure.

The new PlayStation and XBOX? Oh Jesus no. I'll wait until I see a few decent party titles FINALLY come out to buy one.

TheEmoSpeeds666

Jan 15, 2012
Well, if the Xbox is going to get rid of used games, I'm definatly not going to buy. Near enough all of my PS3 games are pre-owned, so not being able to play them would be stupid. I also hope the PS4 is backwards-compatible with the PS3. I don't wanna buy all my games again.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
Well, if the Xbox is going to get rid of used games, I'm definatly not going to buy. Near enough all of my PS3 games are pre-owned, so not being able to play them would be stupid. I also hope the PS4 is backwards-compatible with the PS3. I don't wanna buy all my games again.
But you've already got a ps3. Why would the new one need to play PS3 games?

I won't be buying until there's a massive price cut. I got the PS2 at about £100, the original xbox for £50 and my 360 for £140. Sod paying £300+

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Why would I?
When new games will probably cost 80USD, consoles around 600USD, and online...who knows?

I'll keep my 360/PS3/Wii and get games for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!

TheEmoSpeeds666

Jan 15, 2012
number2301 said:
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
Better graphics engine and less lag. That's why.

number2301

Apr 27, 2008
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
number2301 said:
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
Better graphics engine and less lag. That's why.
Yeah it doesn't really work like that. Unless they remade the game or patched in some improvements which would either cost money or otherwise be massively likely, the graphics would be the same. Also as you're essentially emulating the old system you'd be lucky to get better performance.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I will upgrade when I see titles I like appearing. I have planned to get Ninja Gaiden 3 for WiiU, so I guess I will get one when that is released if I can afford to get a WiiU when that happens. I'm not too sure about the other consoles. I know Nintendo will come out with a new Mario, a new Zelda and possibly a Pokemon game so I will get a WiiU. If there's a new Alan Wake game coming and it will be on the new Xbox then I will get the next box too.

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
number2301 said:
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
Because it's a pain to have multiple consoles under the TV.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
I have so many games I already have to play in my Steam backlog, plus like half a dozen PS2 and DS games that I haven't gotten around to yet that I've been meaning to for years, and I just bought a new video card and am getting a new CPU soon so I can stick the old ones in my girlfriend's computer. There is no way in hell I could possibly justify getting a new console any time remotely soon. This stuff will keep me busy for another year or two, but by then I'll have ended up getting more things on sale, and so the cycle repeats itself. I'm pretty much doomed.

SergeantAnt

Feb 27, 2011
I definatly will not be right away. The ps3 was so overpriced and i'm sure the ps4 will be too.

I'll probably get it 2 years after it comes out. I still have way too many games to finish on my ps3, and my pc >.<