Poll: Will you upgrade immediatly?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm almost certainly NOT upgrading immediately. Since I'm only really in the market for a Playstation or XBox, and both of them have had franchise players with serious flaws early on, I'm waiting until I know what I'm up against. And even then, I'll probably wait for exclusive titles and (maybe) a price break.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
DeadSp8s said:
Heeeeck no! I have so many games that I still want to play on 360, I'll be set until the price drops or some games I NEED to play come out.
Very much seconded.
Usually there's really no big reason to upgrade before at least 2 years into the new cycle.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm kind of afraid of this console coming console generation...the current generation seems to have tried killing multiplayer (as in same-console, warm multiplayer) and if the rumors are to be believed the coming generation will be trying to kill the ability to lend, borrow or, buy used games. I want to wait until more info is out and I doubt I'll be able to buy any of the consoles out of the gate anyway because of monetary restrictions. If I do hit a windfall and do get one right away it would probably be the Wii2 or, Nintendo Revolution 2.0 or, whatever they end up calling it.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
In previous years, yes, I upgraded on day 1. However, this generation has been such a flailing mess, I doubt I will pick them up on launch without a solid guarantee of quality. No motion-control requirements, a solid online service, no bullshit like "no used games", etc.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Unless there's a high quality launch library and a large number of my friends are changing then no.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
No, I'm going to wait for a year or two. Besides, I still have a backlog of current gen (and older) games to play.

dills2

Aug 18, 2010
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
Zhukov said:
There's going to be bugger all available to begin with and launch titles traditionally suck donkeys anyway.
I know what you mean. I mean, Pilotwings Resort? It was that one game from Wii Sports Resort ported for the 3DS, with obviously tacked-on 3D.
you dont know the history of pilotwings it didnt begin in stupid wii sports also i wont upgrade straight away because of cash and unfinished games

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
When the Wii U, Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 are released this year or next, will you be one of these people who buy on launch day, or will you wait for the library to pick up and this generation to become obselete?

I personally am not upgrading my PS3 until a) It's cheap enough to buy with out bankrupting myself, and b) the PS3 stops getting games made for it.
Personally, no. And its mostly for your reason A.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Nope . I'll wait till a proper bundle comes out , and decent games for it's library . If the past is any indicator , the new games will most likely suck. I'll be glad that xbox360 games go down in price though .

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Probably not, unless there are some really good launch titles. If not I'll wait a year or so for a price drop.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
TheEmoSpeeds666 said:
When the Wii U, Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 are released this year or next, will you be one of these people who buy on launch day, or will you wait for the library to pick up and this generation to become obselete?

You really can't ask this question this early. We know absolutely NOTHING about these new consoles (just a lot of rumors). We don't know what the abilities of the system will be, what the game lineup will be, when it's coming out, what the price is going to be, if it comes with a free kitten, nothing.

This is the first time in my gaming life where I could have the money to just say "I'm going to drop $X on a new console" but I couldn't tell you if I was going to get the new one because we don't know shit about the new consoles.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks for including the PC option! Hell I haven't upgraded beyond my Gamecube or DS lite. Also, I'm that guy who's been trying to figure out what Gamestop did with all of their Used GBA games.

There are more interesting games that went overlooked in the past than there are being announced for the future.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I'll wait 4-5 years as usual, unless the prices are reasonable. Which we all know they won't be.

A God of War IV might persuade me otherwise though.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Yes, with ps4 and no with xbox. With xbox i will wait year or two too see what exclusives they got. PlayStation is my main platform so i will be buying it at launch. Nintendo can eff right off my face and die.

Substitute Troll

Aug 29, 2010
I only buy a console if my PC is to old to run recent games, and if I can't afford a new PC. I've recently gotten myself a new PC so a new console is out of the question for atleast a couple of years.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
i'll wait a bit for them to work out a few of the kinks and then buy it when it seems to have everything running plus the game library stuff

so maybe about 1-2 months i assume

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
In short, no.
I've kind of drifted away from console gaming, leaving most my library on the shelf. The only thing I play on a day to day basis is Dark Souls when the ps3's not taken by the rest of the family. On the pc, it's mostly just multiplayer on Halo. I've been thinking about starting up CS again but not sure if I wanna give up the memory space. Money's too tight for a new console on my side but if the no used games rumor is true, I might never buy it. Hope the people who do find something good though. ^^