Poll: World Of ......Starcraft?????

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
ciortas1 said:
Why would you even consider the suggestions of that level of stupidity?
Some else had suggested that while i was in Boren i didn't actually say it

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
poiumty said:
If i was Chris Metzen, i'd feed really bad if i ever thought about making a World of Starcraft, considering there's a new Blizzard MMO coming up (which is not related to any existing titles) and the company's reputation for not being blatant money-suckers (yes, i know, battle.net and irl money for wow pets, i still stand by this).
Starcraft 2 says Hi. $60 for a carbon copy of a 12 year old game you can't play because of draconian DRM? I say that reputation is well and truly shot.

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Don't know if they'll do it but personally I want a World of Starcraft. Not because its a good idea, or would work well or anything like that. I just want to see the words "LFG, Tank" being said by an actual freaking tank.

Browbeat

Jul 21, 2009
I abhor the idea of a Starcraft MMO... But concede that it is a likely project in Blizzard's future, at least as a back-up if WoW finally declines to unsustainable levels. At the moment, they wouldn't do it because MMO players can only commit to one at a time. Why compete with a winning cash cow? In the future, though? Why not? A license that just got some much-needed exposure and has two more releases on the way? It could be beautiful.

I won't play it, but it could be beautiful...

Hateren47

Aug 16, 2010
I don't really think the StarCraft universe would work as an MMO(RPG) but if anyone could make it work it would be Blizzard. I think World of Diablo would be a lot easier to make into a proper MMORPG like WoW. All it would need is a proper camera, fixed world (a bit of a downside) and a very harsh nerfing.

DesertHawk

Jul 18, 2008
Sure it's possible. Blizzard is capable of doing whatever they want to their IPs, and however they want to do it. Is it likely that we'll see some form of Starcraft MMOG any time soon? Probably not.

As for questions of gameplay decisions being hampered by background lore (ie can't play as zerg, they are mindless horde race, etc...), there is nothing stopping Blizzard from rewriting lore to fit whatever game design decision that they have in mind. Metzen could write "now all Zerg are tasty sandwiches!" and it would be so.

gl1koz3

May 24, 2010
??????

Well I think WoW is here to stay since many people play it and there is also more and more kids coming in as they get older so you get the idea it will be around for some time!!!!!!!!!!

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
WoW isn't coming to an end, the expansions sort of jolt the content along and reset everyone's progress, a patch can't do that and the Expansions also refresh the game. Without expansions people would've quit player already.

As for the possibility, sure why not, though I personally believe it would have to be a strategic PVP based FPSMMO with Stealth, Vehicle Combat, and Hacky Slashy elements. Just to try and fix everything together.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
WoW has the most players of any MMO out there, it's not dieing anytime soon. However i expect them to make a WoS perhaps or another Warcraft RTS game.

May 25, 2010
Delusibeta said:
Bit harsh to say that WoW is coming to its end. MMOs don't die if enough people keep their subscriptions, and it'll be safe to say WoW will still be going for at least another decade. It's still the most popular PC game according to Xfire. There is no rush.

I'll be interested to see how anyone attempts to turn an RTS into an MMO, and End of Nations may prove to be that template.
Um hello, Warcraft used to be an RTS too.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
yes please. I would like some!

im gonna keep it at maybe. Better than say no Outright. I know i'd play it but i love the SC universe :D

Tanzka

Jan 7, 2009
Warhammer 40k MMO is coming along in a few years so there's your World of Starcraft and besides, didn't Blizzard say that the new MMO they've been working on is a completely new IP. I've heard faint, faint whispers that it might be a superhero MMO but I doubt it. Whatever it is, it won't be Diablo, SC or WC related.

dawdarsd

Aug 16, 2010
The Undoer said:
WoW isn't coming to an end, the expansions sort of jolt the content along and reset everyone's progress, a patch can't do that and the Expansions also refresh the game. Without expansions people would've quit player already.

As for the possibility, sure why not, though I personally believe it would have to be a strategic PVP based FPSMMO with Stealth, Vehicle Combat, and Hacky Slashy elements. Just to try and fix everything together.
yeah like natural selection on steam there are 2 races humans and aliens both races have commanders which control soldiers they give them commands where to go what to do where to hide and so on and so on the soldiers are controlled by the players so they either agree with the command they are given or not but there aren't much assholes so yeah they almost always agree. the aliens melee everyone and the marines pew pew everyone the game is fun espiacially with teamwork once me and my team we formed a blockade aliens tried to get through and we all had grenade launcher and heavy armor all of us already had about 100 kills after the round lol
it's not a mmo game nor does it have vechicle sections but it's goddamn fun and if blizzard would be making world of starcraft they should learn from this game
and about world of starcraft they should really make it free not waste your money to play a game monthly

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I certainly would enjoy World of Starcraft, but I doubt it is ever going to happen.

WoW is at the end of its lifespan, you say? There still are a lot of players willing to pay and it is still the most successful MMORPG out there, so...no.

Edit: Yay, 500th post.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
It won't happen. Blizzard are working on a new MMO right as we speak and they have said point blank that it won't be World of Diablo or Starcraft. So unless you talking decades down the line then no.

Also since when was WoW dieing? As far as I know the number of subscribers is still steadily climbing.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
WoW isn't nearing it's end, but it is technically "dying". It's peaked for sure, and I know many people who have stopped playing since WotLK.

It probably won't ever die, and it'll continue making shitloads of money for a couple more years. But with GW2, TOR, Warhammer 40k Online, TERA and a bunch of other decent MMOs coming, it's got a lot of competition from MMOs that are actually looking innovative and offer something new(or at least different).

Jroo wuz heer

Apr 1, 2010
Delusibeta said:
Bit harsh to say that WoW is coming to its end. MMOs don't die if enough people keep their subscriptions, and it'll be safe to say WoW will still be going for at least another decade. It's still the most popular PC game according to Xfire. There is no rush.

I'll be interested to see how anyone attempts to turn an RTS into an MMO, and End of Nations may prove to be that template.
umm yah Wow was originally an rts

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
I look forward to seeing what their new game is going to be. I have always thought that the people who write the story for the games at Blizzard are very clever and there isn't one game that they have made where the story and gameplay has been bad.

I honestly hope its totally different to both Starcraft and Warcraft... I think it will not only appeal to more people, because lets face it; not many people are only just starting WoW now, and thats because its gone on for so long. So I think we're gonna get a lot of people who were too late to fully enjoy the WoW experience and hopefully they will get a better one :)

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
What the hell gave you the idea that WoW is coming to the end of its life?

It's still got a MASSIVE fanbase, and Cata is only going to bolster that. I mean, have you SEEN the warrior changes? Warriors are finally going to stand a chance in PvP!

This is only a good thing.