Poll: Worst publisher based on Principles.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Who do you think is the worst publisher is based on their overall shitty actions, BS and bad indoctrinations such as On Disc DLC, Online Passes, DRM, Buying up other companies and shutting them down etc.

9. 3D Realms

10. Bethesda

11. Codemasters

12. CD Projekt

13. Konami

14. LucasArts

15. Namco Bandai

16. Nintendo

17. Sega

18. Sony

19. Square Enix

20. Other

If other pl list. (keep in mind I'm omitting social network games so no Zynga)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fuck! My distaste for EA made me auto-click them! I meant to vote LucasArts! Those guys are even bigger jerks!

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Fappy said:
Fuck! My distaste for EA made me auto-click them! I meant to vote LucasArts! Those guys are even bigger jerks!
Explain.
Trust me, I've got massive distaste for them after what they did to Battlefront III, but why Lucasarts over EA?

TeletubbiesGolfGun

Sep 7, 2012
all of them have their ups and downs..

EA for being the worst corporate "meddling kids" this century, just buying everyone up they can get their dirty little hands on while being smug about it.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
Fappy said:
Remember this isn't based on crappy story telling.

Also who voted for Valve? I'm curious of the reason.....

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Ldude893 said:
Fappy said:
Explain.
Trust me, I've got massive distaste for them after what they did to Battlefront III, but why Lucasarts over EA?
You answered your own question. It's one thing to fuck your customers and cannibalize developers. It's another to completely destroy/troll a developer you own and let them sit around in limbo before throwing all their jobs out the window. I just find LucasArts to be more maliciously evil than EA. Most of EA's problems come down to stupidity imo.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Activition imo.

EA does similar things to Acti but they are really dumb in how they go about it, they do make the odd original game, even if they fuck up the sequels and troll all their fans in the process

Acti on the other hand are the destroyer of worlds, they don't just milk their own games into oblivion they do it to whole genres.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I don't really have that much rage for publishers.

I guess I'll just pick EA by default. They seem to have their fingers in the most pies.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Sega. Because goddamnit I want Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure 2 on XBLA now!

But leaving silly, petty reasons out of it, as much as I try not to give them as much stick as most others here, they are probably still the worst of the bunch.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
In recent years, I'm starting to lean towards Blizzard actually (well, Activision-Blizzard, but mostly Blizzard).
Because the bullshit they profess is actually more inherently dangerous to the consumer in the long run, and for one simple reason: BLIZZARD REGULARLY ENJOYS WILD SUCCESS, AND GAMERS STILL LOVE THEM NO MATTER WHAT BULLSHIT THEY ESTABLISH.

On EA:
EA has many more "crimes" to pay for, but I think they're paying for them now, seeing them effectively at their lowest point. This is the sole reason I didn't pick them.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
My heart says EA but my head says Valve because at some point they are going to turn and it will totally destroy everything the PC market has to offer. Their cheap offers on games are generating a lot of cash but almost everyone i know who uses Steam has a large collection of games they will never play. I would also say that they are detracting from the creation of new games since they promote (through offers) much older games and probably make much better profit as a result. They are an accident waiting to happen and as such much more damaging in my eyes than EA.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
EA with Capcom as a very close second.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
CannibalCorpses said:
My heart says EA but my head says Valve because at some point they are going to turn and it will totally destroy everything the PC market has to offer. Their cheap offers on games are generating a lot of cash but almost everyone i know who uses Steam has a large collection of games they will never play. I would also say that they are detracting from the creation of new games since they promote (through offers) much older games and probably make much better profit as a result. They are an accident waiting to happen and as such much more damaging in my eyes than EA.
So let me get this straight, to you Valve is worse than EA because of things that may or may not happen in the future, versus how awful EA is right now.

I don't want to say that your reasons are stupid, but WOW, your reasons are the definition of pants on head retarded.
EA is terrible but in a very obvious and deliberate way, kinda like a cartoon villain. You know exactly where you stand with them. Valve is far more insidious than that and as such more dangerous. People completely ignore their faults and only focus on the short term benefits. I've seen plenty of products/franchises/bands completely change under such a lack of objectivity from the paying public and destroy themselves as result.

I have lots of little other reasons for disliking them aswell which culminate in my overall perception...i just didn't want to write a 10 page essay on things you will find in other threads and probably wouldn't bother to read anyway.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
CannibalCorpses said:
That's speculation dude, you can't bash or criticize a company for something they haven't done yet and of no precedence of doing such activities in the past.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I gotta go with Activision. While I don't care for EA all that much they seem like the lesser of two evils here. EA has actually done some good things in the past. I can't think of a single good thing Activision has done. I am sure they have done some good things but I don't what.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
"The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory they are extinguished. Bioware is not the first. By utilizing our funding game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it and will end because we demand it." John Riccitiello speaking to Gabe Newell

Didn't think of that myself but it pretty much explains why i'll vote EA

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Edit: I'm listing some of the worst aspects of each group (that I know of)

Activation: Corporate arseholes, but they are at least competent corporate arseholes.
Blizzards handling of Diablo 3 doesn't help.

Capcom: I know that make fighting games and have on disk DLC,

EA: Like Activation but complete and utter morons, with a fetish for cutting up Dev companies.

Valve: Is in the position to deal immense amount of damage to the PC platform.

Ubisoft: FINALLY got into its head the Always ON DRM is retarded, waiting to see what happens next.

Winner: EA

Now collapse under your own bloated weight please.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
CannibalCorpses said:

On the table there is a machine gun with a 30 round clip and a pen.

Going by your logic, the pen is more dangerous because no one would suspect it to be used to mass murder tons of people.

Dusty Donuts

Jul 16, 2009
Ed130 said:
Valve: Is in the position to deal immense amount of damage to the PC platform.
How does that make you hate them? I'm in the position to go and buy a weapon and kill 6 people, but you don't prematurely hate me for having the ability to do it. Unless you mean without significant consequences, which based on how angry a lot of gamers are already, they'll make their own significant consequences out of whatever they can get their hands on.