Poll: Worst publisher based on Principles.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
disgruntledgamer said:
SNIP
Touche
Or maybe it's holding Half-life 3... People tend to go apeshit for every "supposed Half-life 3 news". Valve never delivers.

Although, I don't mind it myself. I'm satisfied with Valve having TF2 on Mac.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
EA.
I'll just quote myself from another thread to answer this.
Shinsei-J said:
Now let's talk about "niche markets" shall we? Hmm?
Think of them as a small hole at the back of gaming that gets filled nicely by smaller developers.
This is where EA jumps in and buys out these "smaller" guys, but EA is not happy with the size of these hole.
So EA starts cramming extra things in to stretch the holes out, this may make some extra room eventually and this pleases EA but over time it does nothing but damage the hole and make it too stretched out to be filled any more.
In the end EA leaves the hole, damaged and hurt, because EA can't fill it any more and doesn't want to anyway.
It will take awhile for this hole to be fixed and sometime for someone else to want fill it.
Thanks EA the hole has been broken, just because they wanted a bigger, looser hole.
Yer, screw EA.

Bacaruda

Jul 10, 2011
Ubisoft
Yeah... fuck them and their DRM bullshit.

I don't see EA as evil I just see them as "misguided" maybe. Like they don't know what they're doing. Like... just stupid or something.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
SkarKrow said:
Andy Shandy said:
Sega. Because goddamnit I want Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure 2 on XBLA now!

But leaving silly, petty reasons out of it, as much as I try not to give them as much stick as most others here, they are probably still the worst of the bunch.
I shall forgive Sega all transgression because they finally got around to making good Sonic games again. Also idc about SA2 on XBLA/PSN because I have it on Dreamcast :3 I wubs my Dreamcast.

OT: I'm gonna vote Microsoft because windows pisses me off and they sold millions of people defective hardware then wouldnt replace it because of the warranty a few years back. Bastards.

EA get a lot of hate and scorn but I think a great deal of it comes from the PR and the fact people at EA with brain cells let stupid people talk to the public.

Activision are probably more evil imo. They all suck though lately.

Except Sega. The aforementioned Sonic resurrection has won back my favour.
Yeah I sort of meant it as a joke answer, I'm just glad that they are bringing them (along with Nights Into Dreams, which I keep forgetting) to XBLA as unfortunately my Dreamcast died a while back :( And I do love the Sonic resurrection as well. And they do publish Football Manager as well, which can take up lots of my time as well.

I also love that EA have stormed into a huge "lead" in this poll.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Hard to pick just one.

Many of them have done things that really piss me off.

EA. Nuff said.

Actually, no. Fuck them. I too am very bitter about them ruining Bullfrog, Westwood, and Maxis. Yeah, Maxis is still around but I firmly blame EA for ruining the amazing game Spore COULD have been. My number 1 top gaming disappointment. Some of the early wireframe with no texture prototype/proof of concept mockups were conceptually more complex and interesting than the actual completed product. I'd also venture a guess they're why Star Wars: The Old Republic copy pasted World of WarCraft so damn much.

Also, Origin. It will never be like Steam. You fail EA. You're like Google Plus trying to compete with Facebook. You're too late out of the gate. How good or crappy your service is doesn't mean much when people are already overwhelmingly invested in something else.

Activision
Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines for example. Idiots mismanaged that. Despite their colossal ineptitude the game was great, but sadly, the last of it's kind for the most part. They also are probably responsible for stopping patching/support on Redemption before they should have.

THQ
It's probably their fault Company of Heroes stopped getting patches before the job was done, despite the game's success.

Kalypso Media
They outright lied and cheated their customers by letting Legends of Pegasus get released while it was still clearly in an alpha state.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xBc1O9USw

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Without a doubt EA. I actually used to think they were alright, but they have really been pissing me off over the last few years with their bullshit.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
SkarKrow said:
Andy Shandy said:
Sega. Because goddamnit I want Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure 2 on XBLA now!

But leaving silly, petty reasons out of it, as much as I try not to give them as much stick as most others here, they are probably still the worst of the bunch.
I shall forgive Sega all transgression because they finally got around to making good Sonic games again. Also idc about SA2 on XBLA/PSN because I have it on Dreamcast :3 I wubs my Dreamcast.

OT: I'm gonna vote Microsoft because windows pisses me off and they sold millions of people defective hardware then wouldnt replace it because of the warranty a few years back. Bastards.

EA get a lot of hate and scorn but I think a great deal of it comes from the PR and the fact people at EA with brain cells let stupid people talk to the public.

Activision are probably more evil imo. They all suck though lately.

Except Sega. The aforementioned Sonic resurrection has won back my favour.
Yeah I sort of meant it as a joke answer, I'm just glad that they are bringing them (along with Nights Into Dreams, which I keep forgetting) to XBLA as unfortunately my Dreamcast died a while back :( And I do love the Sonic resurrection as well. And they do publish Football Manager as well, which can take up lots of my time as well.

I also love that EA have stormed into a huge "lead" in this poll.
My Dreamcast is a bit iffy and I havent had it too long, it dislikes Code Veronica and Power Stone sadly but everything else is fine, it's easily one of my favourite machines.

I hope Sonic continues to be good, I think they're gonna take a new direction though and leave the Unleashed style for a bit, which could be nice I think maybe a bit less boost to win, and I'd like something a bit longer and more varied than Generations :\

At any rate I do look forward to whatever is next for the blue blur. I even have my sonic plushy on my desk... > >

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Capcom just got out of the gutter by announcing Phoenix Wright 5 (captcha: you're welcome), so right now it's Activision, for just general douchery (really? 30 bucks for a game I could have for three dollars on my iPhone).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Noswad said:
"The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory they are extinguished. Bioware is not the first. By utilizing our funding game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it and will end because we demand it." John Riccitiello speaking to Gabe Newell

Didn't think of that myself but it pretty much explains why i'll vote EA
That sounds like something Emperor Palpatine would say if he ran a game publishing company.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Ldude893 said:
Fappy said:
Fuck! My distaste for EA made me auto-click them! I meant to vote LucasArts! Those guys are even bigger jerks!
Explain.
Trust me, I've got massive distaste for them after what they did to Battlefront III, but why Lucasarts over EA?
I can't think of much else other than The Force Unleashed 2 and Kinect Star Wars.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Bat Vader said:
I gotta go with Activision. While I don't care for EA all that much they seem like the lesser of two evils here. EA has actually done some good things in the past. I can't think of a single good thing Activision has done. I am sure they have done some good things but I don't what.
Well they've published some good games like the Transformers Cybertron games, and Spider-Man 2...

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
MacNille said:
Nintendo because I HATE their fucking fans! I want to stab them in the eye, whenever they talk about the "golden age of gaming" (It was NOT GOLDEN AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and always complain about modern gaming all the fucking time! RAGGGHTHTH!#W /RANT over

Anyway, I choose also Ubisoft for what they did to Splinter Cell. Fuck you Ubisoft. Just fuck you.
It's considered the golden age of gaming because of the influence it had and so on

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I am temted to say EA (i voted for it) but really it's valve. They keep saying "Oo, Half Life 3, it could be round the very next corner" *wink wink, nod nod* but it never is!

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Well, nice to see that 2K games didnt get any votes. From what I remeber they have never actively exploited costumers and while they dont play the "Valve super nice guys" card they play the rolemodel publisher right. They usually publish good games that usually try to do something interesting and they took a huge chance with Spec Ops The Line

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
This thread is made up by people who are blinded by valve. A monoply in any form is always bad, no matter the creater or owner, monoplies are bad. Also doesn't help that eveen if you buy a game from a store you still need bloodly steam to play. (mad about Dawn of War 2)

EA, I have really have no quarrels with them, either I don't play games they make, or enjoy them immesely, which is more than I can say for valve games. Valve enjoying for shorts bursts, EA, I tend to enjoy longer, but than again it could be because I'am a gamer who enjoy playing games for a good while.

Also I think valve is trolling their fans for half-life 3 just because they can, after all, most valvies are blinded.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Dont care, i play the games i want. Dont care who makes them. Mostly i rent through Lovefilm unless the game is a "must have".