Poll: Would you accept immortality?

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
If I have immortality I dont die therefore immortality = good even with those "supposed" thoughts by cracked.
Alive is better than death, especially with no consequence(of death).

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I'd be physically my age forever? I think not. Acne has not grown on me, figuratively speaking. I'd rather not have that for an eternity.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Don Savik said:
What kind of hipster douchebag answers no? Seriously? LIVING FOREVER. You could rule the world by default, no questions asked. Could get boring? Did imagination die in the past 5 years and I just haven't noticed it or something? Too much depression on this forum. Lighten ups.
Its not imagination dying or a douchebag answer, some people honestly believe living forever could suck. I mean, you'd outlive everyone you'd ever love, even your own children. And no, ruling the world doesn't work that way anymore.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
Even before I read the link, no. I would only accept extended life, and that'd be about 50 years or something. Just enough to really get tired of it. I don't love life enough to want to live forever.

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
I'd only take immortality if pain was non-existant (or numbed immensely, like you have) and I CAN die, as long as I can choose when. So, no, I wouldn't eat the gummy bear.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
No. Not unless I can be killed in at least one way.

Think long term. This planet ain't going to be around forever, and even then, we're probably not going to be here in ten thousand years. While you're reading this, a supervolacano could erupt and the seas would boil and ash could cloud the sky, or a meteor could hit, or the gamma radiation from an exploding star could burn the earth.

Living through that would suck.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Out of shear curiosity, I would eat the gummi bear. Who knows what heights humanity will reach? Or lows? Doesn't anyone else want to see?

Besides, if humanity does die out, you could style yourself as the god of whatever rises up next.

Zukhramm

Jul 9, 2008
Not being able to be physically harmed is strange, impossible and leads to strange things. If I was unable to be physically harmed, how am I able to move? How does the particles I am made up of know that they are moving because a knife in my back and not just my muscles pushing them around? Can I cut my hair? Can I built a power plant producing infinite energy using these apparently incredible forces holding me together?

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
Personally, i would probably incapacitate the time traveler and take his time travel device, but not the gummi bear. I would want to know the secrets of the universe but not at the cost of my own mortality. Once my curiosity has been fufilled (I'd probably finish when i'm a old man) i'd destroy both the gummi bear and the time machine, because no one deserves that much power. Then i'd live out the rest of my days in peace with what i've learned (which i would keep to myself).

Why not take the gummi 'for teh lolz'? Because I would want to know humanitie's greatest mystery: death

[small]And then theres that ol' "being the last human alive" chestnut. Yeah, that too....[/small]

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Now if i wanted to end my own life would i be able to? if no then i choose not to accept it

but if i can choose when to die whenever i want, then yes i would accept it.

Feb 28, 2008
I would take it without a second's hesitation.

Death is the scariest, most irreversible mother in the whole universe. Being able to avoid her for a very, very long time would be such a blessing. Like a weight off my shoulders.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Ridiculous. That whole cracked-article is wanna-be smart. Trying to make this a trick question.

Whatever that gummy bear turns me into, I'm no longer a human being. In fact, I'm no longer a biological entity by current definition.

If I can't die, it means that my physical body must be an illusion. If I can't die of starvation or thirst, obviously that digestive system is a fake. If I can't bleed to death or get a heart attack, that ol' pump in my chest is just for show. And if my mind is working when I'm touching a quadrillion volts, it seems a good indictation, that it's no longer depending on those little neurons and synapses.

At best description, I'm some sort of ethereal being that poses as a human. I'm a Q.

So why would any of these biological nuances phase me the slightest?

Aiden Raine

Oct 3, 2011
of course I would. couldn't think of one good reason NOT to.

although it would be funny if you wind up becoming your own "self fulfilling prophecy", and the only reason immortality is discovered in the first place is by studying the effects of this magical gummy bear on you. would also be even funnier if it was you who sent the green kool-aid man back in time to your former self to give the gummy bear to.

but it'll always leave the question in the back of your mind.... what if you never agreed to eat the gummy bear?