Poll: Would you be up for another Dragon Ball show?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Like a sequel to Dragon Ball Z? Dragon Ball GT was sorta "eh" after the awesomeness of Z. Plus, its status as canon to the rest of the series was placed into question by Toriyama himself after the man stated that Dragon Ball Online, an MMO in asia, WAS considered canon.

So would you be excited if a new Dragon Ball series came out? What if it was made with the same visual style as the intro for Dragon Ball Kai?

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
:/

I have a feeling that any Dragon Ball series afterward, at this rate, would be more of a cash-in than anything.

Sorry, but I don't have much faith in another Dragon Ball.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Like a sequel to Dragon Ball Z? Dragon Ball GT was sorta "eh" after the awesomeness of Z. Plus, its status as canon to the rest of the series was placed into question by Toriyama himself after the man stated that Dragon Ball Online, an MMO in asia, WAS considered canon.

So would you be excited if a new Dragon Ball series came out? What if it was made with the same visual style as the intro for Dragon Ball Kai?
How about you just give the rest of the world the MMO...

Therefore we dont have to go thru something bad like GT and can just the MMO and know the canon.

mcdain

Oct 2, 2011
Oh, sweet Jesus on a unicycle, yes. I would do anything for a new series of Dragon Ball. I wouldn't even care if it turned out to be the most horrendous mess ever churned out by Japan, I'd still watch it.

Fusioncode9

Sep 23, 2010
I think Dragon Ball should just be left in peace. Though if we did get a new series we might not have to see the same game come out year after year. And as for Toriyama, doesn't he despise Dragon Ball?

KingOfGreyfell

Oct 7, 2011
If they could find a way to reset to 0, so we could enjoy it for something other than aliens with big lasers blowing up planets.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Yes. I always wondered what the show would be like if they dropped Goku and went with some of the younger characters. That would also be a great way to set the power scaling back to zero sense the saiyan bloodline is deluded.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Dragon Ball has been through enough. It was great in its prime, why crash it into the ground?

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Quite frankly, I think Dragon Ball fans should be more than happy with what they've got. Between the shows, movies, mangas and DBZ Abridged, they have countless hours of entertainment. Meanwhile one of my favorite anime series of all time (Fruits Basket) stopped after one season. ONE. SEASON. The story wasn't even close to resolved yet. Thank God the manga provided proper closure.

Maybe I'm just bitter that a series about overly-muscled dudes that stand around yelling at each other for minutes on end has hogged the spotlight for so long (I gotta admit though, DBZ Abridged is absolutely hilarious).

Davesdepository

Dec 6, 2010
man Dragon Ball was the best Dragon ball Z was good, Dragon Ball GT was lame. seriously afer about half way through Z, just after cell died, even Z got a bit lame

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Mostly, I would love to see a series set during the annual all under heavens martial arts tournament. That way, we could see the epic battles without needing to worry about the insane power levels.

It could be a way to introduce new characters and not contradict anything that came before.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Oh god, no.

I genuinely want Dragonball to die. For once, I don't care if anyone else enjoys it. This pathetic thing has to suffer for all the suffering it has caused me.

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
No, I don't think I would. It would likely feel like a cash-in and wouldn't feel worthy of the name of Dragon Ball, just look at the Star Wars prequels (I personally don't mind the prequels but I understand the hate)

That said though, it could work if they pulled off something like the Star Trek movie where some bad guy goes back in time and alters the timeline. That would be a perfectly reasonable excuse to re-envision a lot of the events from DBZ, without pissing off the hardcore fans.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I'd see it if they gave the animations to the guys who did the Avatar show.

I have a feeling they'd be able to get it right. Perhaps a reimagining.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
If they were to do another Dragonball series, I would like to see it with different characters. Maybe descendants of the originals (partly to explain their great power)? Though, they should, at least start, more along the level of early Dragonball. Before even the weakest members of the Z Warriors could destroy Earth. I think that this would revitalize the series and make it more interesting without bringing established canon into question.

I didn't watch GT after the first episode (it was so very stupid) and from what I hear, I didn't miss anything. Even when I tried to give it a chance later, I ended up watching the dumbest episode involving aliens that could force you to dance. So dismissing that garbage as not being canon and relaunching with new characters could be interesting.

Count me as a maybe.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Screw DB, only thing I'd want out of it is some kind of OVA/movie series like the Gundams sometimes get.
This way I can watch the series with no damn filler.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Dragonball's already gone about as far as they can take it as a series. Granted, I'm very curious about Dragonball Online, but I can't see them making a continuation manga/anime work, simply due to the way "Z" jumped the shark. While Goku is a kid, he fights strong people. Then he fights armies...then a 'demon' who was probably the strongest person on the planet. Things are all well and good at this point. Then Raditz shows up and is a bit stronger than Goku...then Nappa and Vegeta show up and at least one of those two were strong enough to destroy Earth. At this point the audience is going "O_O". Then we get to the namek arc which tells us that Vegeta was at the upper end of small-fry in a professional planet-exterminator's private army. We're just about hitting the series' high-point about now, despite the coining of the fan expression "Are they still on Namek?" giving voice to the sheer arc fatigue it was suffering a the end.

Then the androids come...then Cell, who came very close to destroying earth...and then we get Majinn Buu whose arc consisted almost entirely of curb-stomp battles one way or another, and who was enough of a threat to the universe as a whole to warrant the undivided attention of the Supreme Kai. Creating a credible threat after that point is like trying to make an arc after Tengan Toppen Gurren Laggan's anti-spiral arc (The OVA version, no less). They'd already pushed the protagonists power-levels into the realm of gods (in fact, the 'gods' of the Dragonball universe were very strongly implied to be MUCH weaker than the saiyan cast members by the end of the series), the series as a whole is basically the poster child for the concept of "Power Creep". It had a fun run, to be sure, but it's better off ending with Z than trying to continue the series-proper.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
http://teamfourstar.com/page-episodes
you mean this isn't the official show after GT?

hmm...
Regardless the actual manga/anime ended on a terrible note. (Goku abandoning his family AGAIN to train the reincarnation of the being that destroyed the entire world.) GT was just a way for Akira's kid to get in on the royalties of Dragonball