Poll: Would you be up for another Dragon Ball show?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Personally... not really.

I liked Dragonball Z back in it's prime, but the series has run it's course by this point.

And I'm going to be honest here, I like the original Dragonball MORE than Dragonball Z. Oh, sure, Z has cooler fight scenes, but they take WAAAY too long, and it takes too long to get to them. And personally, I start losing investment in characters when half of them can blow up the planet with no difficulty, and the other half are totally useless.

Dragonball has more fight scenes, and most of them are over in a single episode. Plus, I enjoy the more light-hearted tone and humor.

I do have an interest in the Dragonball MMO, if only out of morbid curiousity.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Fusioncode9 said:
I think Dragon Ball should just be left in peace. Though if we did get a new series we might not have to see the same game come out year after year. And as for Toriyama, doesn't he despise Dragon Ball?
Well i would think so. I seem to remember something about him wanting to cut off the Dragonball series at some point, but his fans or publisher or both demanded more so had to keep on writing (and drawing).

OT: Personally i really don't want to see Dragonball being pulled further into the mud. The only bright point in GT for me was Super 17's character, but none of the plots really did it for me. Seemed to always be something about a planet being blown up and when you pull that card for EVERY story arc you make up it kind loses its weight.

For now i'll say DBZ Abridged is enough and leave it at that.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
Only if Toriyama was the story's writer. Anything other than that would only result in a sad sigh from me.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
As much as I love DragonBall...I think it's time to let it die.
GT was just awful...like it makes you want to keel over from how bad it was.
I feel like anything else would just add to the stack of shit that piled up after DBZ.

Dragonball was great and will always be one of my favorite shows of all time...
...but no more please...[small]it's just too painful...[/small]

kaizen2468

Nov 20, 2009
If it was as good as Z was, yes. I doubt it would bring back the same googly eyed fun it brought me when i was 12 though.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Definitely not. I sorta enjoyed it as a child but I can't even watch it anymore it takes so long to get anywhere in that show. There is Dragon Ball Kai and the DBZ Abridged if you want to keep it kinda fresh, probably not what your asking but it should be enough.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
Toriyama Himself was sick of DB, so no I would not want it, if you need something to tide over your DB fix just google DB multiverse. Its Toriyama Approved.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Personally, no. Honestly for me the IP had gotten to the level of soap opera quality before the end of Z (think right around the cell/MaJin Boo area)

Honestly Dragonball is the anime equivilent to "Simpsons did it". Theres really nothing left for them to do that doesnt amount to a texture/model mod or palette swap.

Jarlaxl

Oct 14, 2010
Crenelate said:
Only if Team Four Star make it.
If I can't have this, I'll take some way of returning to Dragon Ball (not DBZ or GT or Kai or whatever...just plain old Dragon Ball, when Yamcha had a point besides body count regular).

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
I liked Dragonball the best by far.

Dragonball Z was good, and Dragonball GT didn't appeal to me at all.

So... no? I'll just rewatch Dragonball and Z and pretend GT didn't happen.

Actually, maybe I didn't give GT enough of a chance, perhaps I'll give it another go.

No thanks to another show.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
NO!! Understand this, I love Dragon Ball, I consider Goku one of my personal heroes, but I do not, repeat DO NOT want to see another show produced. I haven't even been touching Kai really. Mostly everything Dragon Ball that has been made since Dragon Ball GT has been nothing but a cash-in and I think it's destroying the story's legacy.

Devin Curry

Nov 22, 2011
No, but I would like to see a new series by the same writers/artists/and so on with new settings and characters, but it would already have that familiarity that you have come to expect. Maybe base off of a different folktale from a different country (Like how Goku was based on the character from "Journey to the east") and see where does it go.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I think we should just leave DBZ as it was and keep our good memories of it..

iFail69

Nov 17, 2009
The original DBZ was awesome, everything else was pretty bad.

At least the Big Green and Malaysian English dubs are plain hilarious though xD

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
Well, for the time being it seems we're getting nearly yearly new OVA's. There was Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return!, then there was Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, and now we're getting one based on that manga where Bardock goes Super Saiyan (Yes, this is real, look it up). So, we are getting new Dragon Ball anime, just not a full show. The thing is Dragon Ball Kai didn't make much money domestically, the ratings were great, but the merchandise sales were low (And if you know anything about anime marketing, you'd know that it's success hinges on merchandise sales, even the less toyetic stuff). We aren't even getting a Kai version of the Buu arc anytime soon, I kind of doubt we'll see a "new" series.

As for the question itself, I fancy myself a Dragon Ball fan, so yes, I'd be all over it, even if it sucked as hard as GT. Until then, I have Kai to finish...

HeatproofShAdOw

Apr 12, 2011
After the pile of steaming crap that was GT, I'm not sure. As a kid, I loved DBZ, but growing up, then revisiting it after watching other anime, you realize how poorly paced it was. Still love it though, even if it is for nostalgia. But no, I wouldn't be.

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
I vote for a remake of Mr.Toryiama's 2nd most popular work that no one in America has heard of.

because it is confusing as fuck

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Not really, no. The fights are dragged on for WAAAAYYYY too long, and it's more or less repetitive.