Poll: Would You Buy the PS4 Diablo 3?

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Why is it that I have better internet being miles from civilization than those who live in cities do?
Because if your area has the infrastructure then you won't have the congestion caused in the more densely populated areas from a few million people trying to log on at once. Of course you obviously do not live in Australia where 90% of all internet everywhere is shit.

OT played it on PC, that was enough. Not worth getting on PS4 just for an offline experience. In the same it's definitely not worth getting a PS4 just for this game and to all those people saying they'll get it when it drops to $20-30 this isn't like steam where games go on sale every 6 months, it will be a new console with a limited number of games which means that even when it is a year old (on PS4) over the holiday season EB/Gamestop etc can still justify to themselves selling it at outrageous prices.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
No, because I'm going to buy it for the PS3 and play it on that instead. The only way I'll play it on the PS4 is if the PS4 has such an epic, mind-blowing, destroy-the-entire-universe-by-revealing-it line up at launch that I must buy one as soon as possible. So far, I have seen nothing that even makes me slightly excited. I'll pick one up eventually (probably), but since they said Diablo III will be coming to a console I already own, I'll be using that one instead.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I picked other, but my answer is 'No' though.

I already own D3 for my PC and I've played the previous ones to death, especially the second one.

I would prefer it with a mouse and keyboard since that's what I'm used to, and it's what I'm used to playing with Diablo. I'm sure Blizzard will map the controls just fine with a controller with each function and whatnot, but it just doesn't appeal to me that way.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Let's see - I don't have a console, I don't plan on getting PS4 (well, not soon anyway), and I've planned to not get Diablo 3 for a very long time now. So no, I doubt I'll be getting the PS4 version.

Yellowfish

Nov 8, 2012
While I'm not really interested in the PS4 (at least I'm not buying it at launch for obvious reasons), I have to admit that the console version of Diablo 3 is actually superior to the PC version. It has no bullshit DRM and no auction house, and these two things outweigh the fact that it uses an inferior control method. In fact, I'm sure that Blizzard is more than capable of adapting their game for gamepads.

So, enjoy your Diablo 3, PS users.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Forlong said:
No, and here's why:

The PS4 is a glorified Bluray player. Sony said that it would support 4K ressolution, BUT NOT FOR THE GAMES. So they put that expensive hardware in the thing for kicks and giggles. Not interrested.
Do you know how expensive having games in 4k resolution would be? From what i heard tvs that support 4k is about 20 000$ . I don't knoe about you , but i can't affoard that .

OT: i'd prolly pick it up if i was planning to buy a ps4. But i'm not . I'm done with the game industry and it's future . I will become a retro gamer and play the games from now back to the nes era . And it will be glorious .

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
00slash00 said:
Yeah, I plan to get it on PS4. Or maybe on PS3. Why? Because my PC would melt into a puddle of slag if I tried to play in on here (it's a laptop without enough processing power but not enough heat sink - Mass Effect 1 overheats this thing on good graphics settings). I'm not dying to play the game, but I'd like to give it a shot.

It will depend, however, on a few issues (like the always online DRM).

Edit: Someone upthread said there would be no always online DRM on the PS versions. If confirmed, then that's likely going to be a sale right there.

endnuen

Sep 20, 2010
If it supports offline co-op, I might get it so I can play it with my girlfriend.
Otherwise I might stick to my pc version.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Snotnarok said:
In terms of modern alternatives there's plenty, Torchlight 1 & 2, Titans Quest, there's a new free to play game who's name escapes me...
Do you mean Path of Exile? thats in open beta at the moment and pretty good fun actually especially for a free game as for Diablo 3 for PS4 I honestly cant see myself getting it I just have no interest in Diablo 3 ill just stick to path of exile on pc for my ARPG fix the rare times I need it unless of course there are giant enemy crabs in Diablo 3, because that might change my mind.

Ringo_Plumen

Jul 11, 2012
I remember thinking when I was playing through D3 that if you took away the AoE abilities which are spawned on the cursor or changed those mechanics slightly, it could be pretty sweet(or at least it could start being fun) with a controller(I never really liked the mouse controlled moving/attacking of Diablo style games, or any of the earlier Diablo titles for that matter, but some friends were getting it as well with promises of fun times so what can you do).

If I hadn't already tried D3 I would have probably given it a shot on PS3 or PS4.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Maximum Bert said:
Snotnarok said:
In terms of modern alternatives there's plenty, Torchlight 1 & 2, Titans Quest, there's a new free to play game who's name escapes me...
Do you mean Path of Exile? thats in open beta at the moment and pretty good fun actually especially for a free game as for Diablo 3 for PS4 I honestly cant see myself getting it I just have no interest in Diablo 3 ill just stick to path of exile on pc for my ARPG fix the rare times I need it unless of course there are giant enemy crabs in Diablo 3, because that might change my mind.
Yeah Path of Exile, heard good things about it.
I still stick to Torchlight 2 overall being the most interesting given it's made by the actual people behind Diablo 1 & 2 & supports modding and the like.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I think I will. I've held back on buying Diablo3 on PC after the whole auction house and always online mode.

There was rumor that console version will come out as well and I figured it wouldn't have always online and auction house.

But I don't see myself buying it until 2 or 3 years after PS4 comes out.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
No, because I'm not particuarly interested in the first place, and also because of the infamously poor drop rates that tried to incentivise the Auction House, and unless they improve your ability to get loot, I anticipate a very boring game.

And also because I'm not made of money.

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
Maybe. I have fond memories of the first Diablo, tried but didn't enjoy the second one and decided not to get 3 because of the always online thing. I don't have the time theses days to devote to the time suck that multiplayer tends to turn into - so if the console version has a reasonable SP/offline part, I might consider it.