Poll: Would you change your sex for 5 million dollars?

paintman

Apr 30, 2011
yep. all day every day. I would love to be able yo switch back and forth. but for 5 million id be either all my life.

redmoretrout

Oct 27, 2011
As tempting as the money is, I don't think it is worth uprooting my entire life. I like my current life. I'm lucky enough to have good friends and family, and do not want any part of that alien's deal.

I guess I'm afraid of change. Who knew?

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Like operation?
I've two words for that: ''Fuck'' and ''no''.
EDIT: Stupid me, not reading the actual post, just glancing at the title.
I change my answer to ''maybe''.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
plugav said:
Mayamellissa said:
plugav said:
You mean actually change my sex, on a biological level? Yeah, sure.
Not sure how I'd explain it to my family, though...

That thought passed your mind too eh?
Indeed. I immediately imagined my mother being told by a strange woman that said woman is, in fact, her son. And that's even before I got to the alien part...
The alien part wouldn't bother my family so much as the fact that I was once the eldest daughter and am now the eldest son.

Prosis

May 5, 2011
I guess it would depend on how complete the transformation is. If you just become the opposite gender for all intents and purposes, then sure. 5 million goes a long way.

However, if it is a complete, 100% transformation, then no. As in changes to brain chemistry. Males and females have very different sets of hormones and chemicals, and switching out the "mix" your brain has been using since puberty for an entirely different set seems like it could really mess up your personality.

Like how guys taking estrogen pills or women taking testosterone pills start having personality problems, except the whole nine yards.

Basically, if there was some way to ensure that my brain remains the same with the gender change, then sure. 5 mil is 5 mil.

If not, then heck no. I like who I am, mentally and emotionally. Not going to risk it.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
x-machina said:
Some alien wants to change your sex as part of an experiment, for your co-operation the alien will give 5 million dollars in US currency. The alien has a raygun that can do this instantly and painlessly. However, there would be absolutely no way of turning back. And, you would have all of the biological functions of that sex.
Only if it was a real transformation and not the 'cosmetic' stuff we have now. Honestly, probably wouldn't mind being a guy although it would be weird for a while no doubt. 5 million dollars and a life time without worrying over pregnancy, no periods, no more girl drama...I think I could live with that.

Krxis Rowe

Apr 2, 2010
If the sex change was perfectly complete, then yes, in a heartbeat. I'm not a big fan of my body.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
If it rewrote my entire body structure and biology to be as if I had been born female....then maybe. But only maybe. I'm quite blessed in almost all ways as it is... Do I get the opposite/equal value sort of blessings in female form? Cuz damn... I'd be awesome.

This just leads to a lot of weird possibilities..... So much awkward...

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Mallefunction said:
x-machina said:
Some alien wants to change your sex as part of an experiment, for your co-operation the alien will give 5 million dollars in US currency. The alien has a raygun that can do this instantly and painlessly. However, there would be absolutely no way of turning back. And, you would have all of the biological functions of that sex.
Only if it was a real transformation and not the 'cosmetic' stuff we have now. Honestly, probably wouldn't mind being a guy although it would be weird for a while no doubt. 5 million dollars and a life time without worrying over pregnancy, no periods, no more girl drama...I think I could live with that.
Prepare to be surprised.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
Prosis said:
I guess it would depend on how complete the transformation is. If you just become the opposite gender for all intents and purposes, then sure. 5 million goes a long way.

However, if it is a complete, 100% transformation, then no. As in changes to brain chemistry. Males and females have very different sets of hormones and chemicals, and switching out the "mix" your brain has been using since puberty for an entirely different set seems like it could really mess up your personality.

Like how guys taking estrogen pills or women taking testosterone pills start having personality problems, except the whole nine yards.

Basically, if there was some way to ensure that my brain remains the same with the gender change, then sure. 5 mil is 5 mil.

If not, then heck no. I like who I am, mentally and emotionally. Not going to risk it.
Dude, I'm pretty much asexual when it comes to my thinking and emotional base as it is so I don't really see how I could change that much.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Ranorak said:
Mallefunction said:
x-machina said:
Prepare to be surprised.
The deal was to change my sex, not my sexuality. So I'd still be a lover of men.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
No. I like being a man. Most importantly, I'm against sex change operations. So not even for five million.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I'd do it...but it raises the issue that I would not be an attractive girl...though I suppose I could use that 5 million dollars to try and make myself look hot :p

The biggest question this raises is that if it changes us biologically, do we become gay or would female me go after men? Also would gay people stay gay or would they go after the same gender they initially were?

It's an interesting question...but yeah, I'd probably do it.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
I'd do it for free, so...Yes?
Yeah, same here.

Of course, I'll still TAKE 5 million dollars since they're offering, but that's just gravy.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
Mallefunction said:
Ranorak said:
Mallefunction said:
x-machina said:
Prepare to be surprised.
The deal was to change my sex, not my sexuality. So I'd still be a lover of men.
Yes but...!
You see....

Damn, you got me there.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
I actually assumed this thread was called "would you Charge your sex for 5 million dollars"

I'd barter with them until we came to the deal where they turn me into a robot.

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
I have always wondered what it would be like to be a girl. The only question is whether the 5 million would be worth the risk of not being able to turn back if I find it screws my life over too much.

ZombieMonkey7

Dec 24, 2009
That depends if I could see what I'd look like, I could imagine some twilight zone shit going down and making me look like the elephant women or something. Also would it change your sexual desires? If I was good looking and still interested in women I'd probably do it