Poll: Would you change your sex for 5 million dollars?

x-machina

Sep 14, 2010
CrystalShadow said:
Uh... Yes. I'm doing that anyway... >_>

You kind of missed out on that as a poll option and well, in general that people like me even exist it seems.

If an alien wanted to pay me $5 million for it... Hey, why turn down easy money? XD

Aside from this, if this actually functioned properly, the results would likely be better than what I'm facing...

Anyway... I do have to point out that those of you who aren't wanting to change your sex already will quite likely regret doing so...

Being the 'wrong' sex isn't as trivial as it sounds... I don't think people really appreciate that fact, which undoubtedly explains why they don't 'get' what the problem is...

Well, shit I'm sorry for excluding people like you. The general question this thread was trying to ask was something along the lines of "Would you sell the life you are comfortable with for 5 million" With some aliens thrown in to make it fun.

But, for you I guess the deal would be an offer for 5 million, but you must stay as you are.

derbt

Jan 7, 2011
I quite like the idea of being a man. I'd have one-up over most guys, as I'd have a better understanding of women. I could be quite the ladies' man! Awwwwwww yeah.

That said, though, I really do feel like a woman on the inside. Choices, choices...

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
5 million 'dollars'? Not a chance.

I wouldn't do it for any amount, but especially not dollars. As soon as you go post-op, the dollar will inflate Zimbabwe style. Karma is too much of a devious trickster to let something like that pass her up, and she'd tank the entire American economy for it.

Mayamellissa

Dec 3, 2011
lithium.jelly said:
Sure, why not? So long as I'm fully-functional I would have no issues with being female. I'm not exactly hyper-masculine in the first place.

Mayamellissa said:
Off-topic, I know, but I had to ask - Who's that as your avatar? She's cute.
Given the fact I can't see my avatar I could not tell you what is was.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
I think there's a few questions, does everyone remember that we were a man? Because then I think all the money in the world isn't worth that awkwardness plus the government wanting to study how it worked and religious extremists wanting to kill me for subverting god's plan.

But if there's a secondary effect where people really don't notice the change (as in they think I've been female all along) unless I tell them. That means I'd take it. Money is good, but also I've always been curious about what the other sex thinks and feels.
Blobpie said:
I like not having a period or having a chance to get pregnant
Well we're lucky enough to live in a time where that isn't a problem, you get a progesterone IUD or Mirena (most popular brand) and you won't get pregnant or have periods for 5 years, minimal to no side effects and you just replace them when it's time. It's actually the cheapest form of female contraception, cheaper than abstinence as you don't have to pay for female hygiene items. Gah, six weeks of OBS/GYN placement and I'm practically a salesmen for them now.

NEREVAR117

Aug 1, 2011
Interesting. I admit I am curious as to what it would be like to be a female, but I also like having a dick and higher muscle-mass. I would probably say no, if only due to the eventual repercussions. Still, I know once I said no I would always wonder how my life could have been if I had said yes.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
Not a chance in hell. I love being male me too much to even consider it.
Plus, money... blegh, just as long as I have enough to survive relatively comfortably.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Hmmm I'm surprised my brain went 'Yup'

But yeah I guess there's not a whole lot of benefit of being female for someone like me, I don't even like half the stuff we're supposed to be about....

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
I would do a lot of things for five million dollars but I'd have to get the money up front. Even then it'd be very conditional - if they stole it it's not much good to me. Better yet, give me the raygun. I'd make a fortune selling the technology - easily more than five million

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Yus... but they have to make me pretty I don't want it to be all half assed...<.<

Sprong

Nov 17, 2009
Genuinely unsure. $5 million is a lot ... it would be socially difficult, but the major thing for me is that I'm starting a career as a professional classical baritone, so turning into a female would make much of the repertoire I've learned and work I've done essentially useless. Plus my technique would have to change drastically ... and what if I turned into a girl with a poor singing voice? No way of predicting that. So I'm veering towards no.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Hmm... let me weigh out all the factors
-lose the dangly part
-get the boobs/vagina set
-lose the identity
-5 million dollars

obviously I like my dangly part, but afterwards, assuming my mind stays the same I'll be attracted to myself. ( too narcissistic not to be) So that factor doesn't help.
Now, this would make me lose my friends, but also my enemies. I could, however, just introduce myself all the people I like, and not do the same for those I don't.
False Identities aren't exactly hard to get these days, you just need to get a fake passport for many places.
5 million dollars, enough money to live large, but not enough to destabilize the economy.

Aw sure, I'd do it, money is money.