Poll: Would you change your sexual orientation, if your sex was changed?

torzath

Jun 29, 2010
Natasha_LB said:
Sexuality and gender are just two completely different things, they're not linked in anyway, and just because one changes, it does not mean the other will: Trust me on this.
Quoted for truth here.

However, by introducing aliens into this, I'm assuming the OP just meant would you choose to change it.

I'd probably go for being changed to pansexual though. It'd be nice to not worry about a potential partner's junk.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
If my sex was changed I'd be an able bodied lesbian instead of a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Bring it on I say!

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Blaster395 said:
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
Considering I'm bisexual, nothing would change in that department.
The exact same would apply to me.

Honestly I question the point of this thread, you don't choose who you're attracted to, it's just hard-wired into your brain, nothing you can do about it.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
As a man who likes women, I'd be a woman who likes women. I'd maybe give regular sex a go, but my brain would still be the same it is now so tis unlikely I'd be able to convince myself to handle a penis.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
I'd probably keep my orientation the same. Without going into too much detail, I get really squeamish at the idea of being...penetrated at all, and I'm not sure that would change just because I had the right equipment for it.

Razada said:
necromanzer52 said:
Razada said:
I was actually going to say homosexuals originally, but then changed it to gays, as it's the more normal, everyday term, and I didn't want to appear too formal. Which isn't brilliant reasoning, but I don't see any problem as, in my experience, the terms are pretty interchangeable.
Depends on your mood and I guess I am an overly formal guy. I just prefer the term homosexuals as it is less... *sigh* Less associated with males. You gotta admit, when someone says "Look its a gay couple" they usually mean "Look its a gay male couple". That plus the fact that people so often use the word gay to mean bad these days, well, it just makes me flinch whenever I hear the term. Better safe than sorry and all that, Heh.

However, none of that matters within the context of this thread so I wish you good day.
The thing is, quite often gay people strongly prefer "gay" to "homosexual". That's why fundamentalist groups and the like will often be insistent about saying "homosexuals" - they know that gay people react badly to it.

(Fun fact: one Christian fundamentalist website took this to the extreme and had a filter on all of their content that changed any use of the word "gay" to "homosexual"...which became apparent when they were covering a news story about a sports player whose surname was Gay.)

Damien Granz

Apr 8, 2011
I don't honestly think anything would change, except what sort of hygiene products I use. Honestly, I don't even think the physical bodily change would matter a whole lot to me. It'd actually probably make my life a whole lot easier, assuming some situation where I don't have to explain to the authorities why I'm suddenly a woman when trying to get a legal ID and what not.

As for my sexuality, I already don't really give a damn about a person's gender/sex as it is, so I'm presuming that it'd have nowhere to reverse too. And I would actually prefer it that way. Not saying there's a moral failing to being straight or gay/lesbian or nothing, but I think I prefer the way I am right now. Like how there's no moral failing to having A or B blood, but if I already have AB or O, why choose to have A or B?

Gmans uncle said:
Blaster395 said:
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
Considering I'm bisexual, nothing would change in that department.
The exact same would apply to me.

Honestly I question the point of this thread, you don't choose who you're attracted to, it's just hard-wired into your brain, nothing you can do about it.
We know that, at least most of us do, but it's still a thought experiment. If you 'could' choose, and your body was changed, would you. It doesn't have to be 'realistic'; the premise of an alien changing your sex for no real reason is in itself implausible.

Marcus Kehoe

Mar 18, 2011
Lesbian, I was born a man if my body changed my mind would still be a mam. But most likely no sex at all.

Damien Granz

Apr 8, 2011
denseWorm said:
I'm sure I could convince myself to let a sufficiently nice guy penetrate me, if I knew that this was the way nature intended me to operate. There are nice people out there, I don't see how a lesbian couldn't enjoy a penis penetrating them - it's a chemical, physical thing, a lubricated vagina is designed to reward the female (and male) for interface with an erect penis - I'd be interested to know if some lesbians wear a blindfold and pretend it's a dildo for the sake of having a baby for themselves.

It seems like a nice, 90s kind of thing - two lesbians find a nice man who they respect, invite him into their home and talk each other through a sexual encounter. Sounds very 90s. I wonder why people never consider courses of action like that?
That's not really how sexuality works, though. Lesbians are lesbians; they're not bisexual women or straight women who fool around and are just 'waiting' for the one really nice man to sex them back into heterosexuality. :-\

If a lesbian wants to have a child and can't/won't adopt, they don't need to be penetrated by a man to get pregnant and probably aren't gonna want to be. They'll get something artificial to 'deposit' it into them. That's how it works in sperm banks. They freeze your sperm, not have you come over for quick sexual encounters.

Not all lesbians like to be penetrated, and they certainly don't want to be penetrated by a man. And they're not waiting, as I said, for that really special man to come and sex them back into being straight.

Men have a similar pleasurable response to being penetrated anally, and it's a natural response too, but I doubt most straight men are waiting for that 'right man' to come and sex them into being gay, and if straight guys do get into anal play, I doubt they're gonna let a dude come and take them and blindfold themselves and pretend it's their girlfriend or what not, you know?

If they do it at all (and most straight men won't), they're gonna do it with a whole different mindset.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
necromanzer52 said:
Will I have any recollection about my past gender or am I a whole new person?

If yes then I would leave it up to my ?new self? to decide for herself. If not then I would keep my sexual preference as it is. All female loving for everyone!

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
I dunno i guess if i got turned into a girl i'd try the guy thing once just for the experience but in all honesty i'd probably be lesbian.

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
Well, I think I'm bisexual as it is, so I probably wouldn't change it. Maybe just alter my preference from more likely to be attracted to girls to more likely to be attracted to guys.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Razada said:
necromanzer52 said:
Razada said:
I was actually going to say homosexuals originally, but then changed it to gays, as it's the more normal, everyday term, and I didn't want to appear too formal. Which isn't brilliant reasoning, but I don't see any problem as, in my experience, the terms are pretty interchangeable.
Depends on your mood and I guess I am an overly formal guy. I just prefer the term homosexuals as it is less... *sigh* Less associated with males. You gotta admit, when someone says "Look its a gay couple" they usually mean "Look its a gay male couple". That plus the fact that people so often use the word gay to mean bad these days, well, it just makes me flinch whenever I hear the term. Better safe than sorry and all that, Heh.

However, none of that matters within the context of this thread so I wish you good day.
I would have thought it was the other way around actually. To me homosexual sounds more specifically male, whereas gay is just a gender neutral term.