Poll: Would you change your sexuality?

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Firstly as far as I can tell this hasn't been done before, or at least not for a long time. Search bar approved and all that.

OK so this is just a little experiment I wanted to run past you all. Let's say science provides you with a formula which can alter your sexuality, would you take it or are you happy with who you are now?

Personally I'm hetero but I'd love to be asexual. Finding women attractive is great and all, but I'm too bitter and jaded to work on such things. Thus removing such a desire is something I'd do if it were possible.

How about the rest of you?

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I'm heterosexual and I'd like to stay that way. I don't have a problem with people who homosexual or asexual or bisexual or whatever, but lots of people do, and that's precisely why I wouldn't want to change my sexuality.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
If you had asked me that question when I was just starting high school, then yes I would've answered that I wanted to be straight.

But now, nah. I'm very happy being very gay.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
I've recently began suspecting that I'm bi. It's possible that I'm not, but dwelling on those thoughts has eased my depression quite a bit (though I'm still quite badly depressed) so there might be some truth to it (along with some other factors).

If you'd asked me about seven months ago, I would've elected to remain as I would be. Today, the answer would be the same.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Is there any reason, other than curiosity?

I know what I like and I'm happy with that. So no, I'd not change.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
theriddlen said:
Im normal person and i'm happy with it.
Normal? I resent homophobia... There isn't a "Normal" sexuality.

And no, I wouldn't. I'm happy being straight. I don't see any reason to change it.

Healey

Apr 14, 2008
It's a bit of a weird question (no offence), generally sexuality isn't really thought of something one just "changes". For the record, I'm perfectly happy with who I am (Bisexual).

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Nimcha said:
If you had asked me that question when I was just starting high school, then yes I would've answered that I wanted to be straight.

Completely agree :)

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Sun Flash said:

Well the only real other reason is that I wanted to see if it was common to desire a different sexuality. Also, good for you. ;)
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Do you personally count Pedophilia as a sexuality?

Either way, no I would not. I am content with my uncontentness.
Pedophilia is a fetish isn't it? Not a strict sexuality. Though I suppose it can be an exclusive attraction. Either way I would hope that people wouldn't want to change their sexuality if you will to such a thing. But to answer your question I would not consider it one.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Adzma said:
Sun Flash said:

Well the only real other reason is that I wanted to see if it was common to desire a different sexuality. Also, good for you. ;)
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Do you personally count Pedophilia as a sexuality?

Either way, no I would not. I am content with my uncontentness.
Pedophilia is a fetish isn't it? Not a strict sexuality. Though I suppose it can be an exclusive attraction. Either way I would hope that people wouldn't want to change their sexuality if you will to such a thing. But to answer your question I would not consider it one.

Actually, contrary to popular belief, research(that will take hours to dig back up) suggests it is a sexual orientation. But just try telling other people that and not get shot.

It saddens me you do not consider it one... ah well, back to the bunker then.

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
the ideal human race is asexual; its just more efficient, and effective. i would definitely love to be asexual, as it removes a great deal of the subjective stupidity weve developed about reproduction; would do wonders to unite the human race and get rid of half the reason we are stupid cavemen. that, however, is much less a matter of personal preference and much more a matter of radical genetic adaptations, so it really doesnt count....

if only out of desperation, i might go bi...but i doubt i would have any more luck with the same sex than i do with the opposite....going back to the asexual option, can i reproduce through osmosis and produce a perfect genetic copy of me every time?

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
Nimcha said:

Same here. I would have gladly erased my feelings for women, but I've grown to like who I am.

Healey

Apr 14, 2008
Frotality said:
the ideal human race is asexual; its just more efficient, and effective. i would definitely love to be asexual, as it removes a great deal of the subjective stupidity weve developed about reproduction; would do wonders to unite the human race and get rid of half the reason we are stupid cavemen.
I'd argue here that sexual attraction is part of the reason we're so successful - sex and human culture's general shift into monogamy promotes close relationships and social interactions, in turn making us a successful group-oriented species and "uniting" the human race based on a mutual desire to attract a member of the opposite (or, as values change, same) sex. But anyway, off topic so moving on.
Now that I think about it I see the appeal of changing ones' sexuality - it would certainly help with people who are discriminated against for their orientation. Shame we live in a world that's still having to shift itself forward in perspective.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Glamorgan said:
theriddlen said:
Im normal person and i'm happy with it.
Normal? I resent homophobia... There isn't a "Normal" sexuality.

And no, I wouldn't. I'm happy being straight. I don't see any reason to change it.
Normal: adj.
Conforming with, adhering to, or constituting a norm, standard, pattern, level, or type; typical.

Straight is the norm, it's not being politically incorrect in any way and definitely does not imply homophobia. But what does that matter, we're living in an age where normality is scoffed at and abnormality is praised and sought after.

In relation to the topic, it never crossed my mind. But now that I think of it, no I wouldn't change. I find men repulsive quite frankly...