Poll: Would you consider yourself a regular here on the escapist?

CalInJoe

Jul 12, 2010
I'm a regular since I tend to check everyday, however only just now have I decided to actually use my account and post

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Judgement101 said:
I used to come here regularly a few years back and I was thinking about becoming a regular again...that was until I saw how the mods banned Vault101, who was in my opinion a pillar of the community, because he made a post that just said he didn't like cynics. But since it seems like the mods ban anyone who looks at them funny, I'll stop my rant there. In short, I used to be a regular, but not anymore.
Vault was banned because she had been insulting to fellow users on multiple occasions and that post was the final straw. It was nothing to do with a personal grudge on behalf of the mods, sky14kemea said herself that she regretted having to ban her but had no choice.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I'd imagine pretty much the only thing I'm known for is my avatar. Outside of a small group of older forum gamers, I don't believe that many people reconize me anymore.
I think I'm still a fairly regular user, despite my free time shrinking down to nearly nothing. While I used to be a huge forum game regular, my desire to spend hours upon hours on the site has shrunk since life changed.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I consider myself an active member. I visit about six or seven times a day read the news articles and any threads that peak my interest. I will usually post a comment in some of them.

I am also an active member in the user groups as well.

I don't believe that I am recognized member.

Darklord008

Dec 14, 2011
I consider myself a regular visitor, I watch pretty much everything here, and read any news article that piques my
interest but, as you can see, I'm not a regular poster. So, I'm basically the exact opposite of a recognized member.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
I definitely recognize your avatar. I know avatars better than names, especially when they're as distinctive as yours. I know Daystar, Smash, and half a dozen others on sight.

I don't know how much recognition I have with 950 posts. Probably not much. I'd say real recognition comes at about the 2000 mark.

I'm definitely a regular. I check the site at least every other day. I make at least a post a week, sometimes ten or a dozen in a day.

I'm not much of a joiner, but..... praise 1Rookie1?

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
1. Not really. Maybe a bit. I'm still fairly new (relatively) and post semi-sporadically, so... eh, I don't much care about recognition. xD

2. I am fairly active. I post most days, but not that much. I don't have time to spend on this site all day anymore. And I only even post when there's a topic in which I have something to add and that isn't that often. But I'm here, whether I post or not, so I call that active.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
1: Do you consider yourself a recognized member of the escapist?
Maybe?

2: Do you consider yourself to be an ACTIVE member of the escapist?
Sort of...depends on the week.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I guess I'm pretty regular. I browse every day and post on a semi regular basis.
I have had the same avatar since I joined in '09 so that should help with some sort of recognition.

Jun 11, 2008
No to 1 and yes to 2. I am a regular despite the fact that I don't have as high a post count as others from when I started or afterwards.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
No to both questions. I keep vanishing from here for long periods of time and never post anything or contribute in any way whatsoever to this site. I should go back to not bothering anyone, so goodbye.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
1. No, I do not consider myself as recognised. Not anymore. Maybe a year or two ago, but I'd say I've just about fallen from memory.
2. No, I'd say I'm not really active on here anymore. I mean, sure, it's one of my home tabs (Well, the mod queue is, even though I'm no longer a mod, so I log on to a 403 every day), so I see the site whenever I come online, and look at the front page, but I rarely browse or post anymore.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
lRookiel said:
Possibly. I've made friends with some powerful people and I've gotten occasional bouts of recondition for one reason or another. Oh, and my avatar being fairly distinctive has gotten a few mentions. This is actually the first time I've changed it since I got the account - it used to be a zen circle.

lRookiel said:
Not anymore - I used to post a half dozen times a day on a SLOW day. Now that I'm busy with my last year of school, I've been lucky to post a couple times a week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[small]
RIP Vault 101
It sucks that you got banned.​
[/small]

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I dont have a avatar but I am a regular, think.
I should make more posts with real content.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
lRookiel said:
No. No I don't. I got a gold star once. But that was for some dopey suck-up move to graphically depict a written explanation for an Escapist contest. I was totally brown-nosing it.
lRookiel said:
Yes. Sure. Why not. I'm here every day and then some. I find the whiny drivel feedback that you young miscreants type to be very amusing. It helps me bracket the opinions of today's youth. (I am old.) Oh. And I enjoy a good cringe at the constant misrepresentation of "your" as "you're".
lRookiel said:
EDIT: Anyone who praises me in the poll gets a seat of power in my new world order.
Are they 8-way power seats? I don't jump on any bandwagon unless it has 8-way power seats. And cup holders.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
yeah I think so, but I do think people view me as annoying or something if they notice me at all.

I've actually had people pm me and say I deliberately baited them into getting a warning... :/

All I try to do is get my opinion across really, I'm shy and quiet irl.