Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
Just been reading some of the responses to this thread and I feel that I need to make a general announcement, so here goes..

Attention people of the world.

Please respect my decisions when it comes down to questions of whom with, what with, where with, when with, why with and how with that are related to my genitals and I will do my utmost to respond in kind. So long as I'm not deploying my nether regions against children, mentally disabled people, animals or out in public for everyone to see, show me some uncommon decency and leave me and my crotch alone.

Trust me, you are not missing out on anything special. My dick is not going to make you king or queen of all merry olde England if you [CENSORED]it.

That is all.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Male and would date. I've found myself wondering if I'm bi on occasions, but have eventually realised that I'm not- I'm attracted to feminine people, not specifically women. I find transgendered MTF people attractive (as long as they actually ARE attractive of course, but that goes without saying). A transgendered person is someone who was born in the wrong gender- so what's wrong with me dating a TG? I'm a man, she's a woman- the fact that she was born with a male body can be considered simply an unfortunate accident of fate.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Da_Vane said:
This is actually incorrect, and the result of a lack of education and awareness on Gender Dysporia and other trans-related conditions.
I love this assumption that if other people don't agree with you, it's because they're uneducated. What if somebody sat down, read up on the medical literature, and still rejected transgenderism as just a mental condition?

Da_Vane said:
Nobody is 100% man or woman anyway, but that is besides the point.
Care to substantiate that? I'm 100% male. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Raika said:
I think most cisgendered people are just too shallow and superficial to comprehend the concept of 'gender' versus 'sex'.
*raises hand* Yep, that would be me. I think gender IS sex (but not sexuality). Furthermore, I think the distinction has only fairly recently come up as a way of normalising the ideas of the trans community and exists more as a piece of community jargon than a widely-accepted concept. Why should sex and gender be dualistic? Just like the dualists who see the physical brain and the human mind (or soul) as seperate entities, I'll have to see some pretty bloody good proof before I take them seriously. Postulating an unproveable (and for now undisprovable) theory that just so happens to lend credibility to your position doesn't count as any kind of final word on the matter.

Melanie McGreevey said:
bahumat42 said:
whilst his reaction is an over reaction i feel its only fair that people should be made aware of it pre "the act". Just courtesy. As far as lying goes thats a pretty big one.
agreed, but honestly is it lying? or just not revealing the facts, to me those are different.
I think a bit of fair warning should be expected. If I hooked up with a hot female and went back to her place, I'd have certain "expectations" of how the rest of the evening would play out. I wouldn't, for example, expect her to tie me up, whip me with a belt and throw her own faeces at me. And if I expressed dismay at this, her saying "Yeah, I'm into scat and S+M, I know I didn't say but then again you didn't specifically ask" would be very little comfort. Similarly, I wouldn't be impressed if her gorilla of a husband burst in and gave me a thrashing ("Oh yeah, I'm married. I forgot to say").

Lying and choosing to omit important facts are both forms of deception, and if you're getting emotionally or physically intimate with someone, you surely need a baseline of honesty and transparency.

Montezuma said:
I am Transgender, I find it extremely offensive that I am found to be repugnant by those who would otherwise find me attractive, simply because I was born male. I understand some people are insecure with their sexuality, but that is no excuse to treat me like some sort of freak, just because you wanted to fuck someone that was once a man.

I am a woman, regardless of what you ignorant bastards tell yourselves.
I'm sorry you're offended. But you taking offence doesn't make your position any more legitimate, and what's more I (and people like me) must weigh being true to my own beliefs and convictions against making concessions for people who I don't agree with. When I tell fundamentalist Christians that I don't believe in Creationism, I accept that I might be causing some offence. But it would be intellectually dishonest of me to water-down my opinion or to disingenuously claim I believed things that I didn't, just for the sake of being compromising or concessionary. You think X. I think Y. If me thinking Y offends you, sorry, but too bad.

Farotsu

Dec 30, 2010
Sometimes I wish I was able to explain my stance on the matter better but since I don't even know how to explain it to myself I'll just go with "I'm not gay but I would date a woman or a MtF person if I found their appearance and personality attractive" but considering how few and far between are those people whose personality attracts me I wouldn't count on it happening any time soon.

Natasha_LB

Jan 2, 2011
As a trans woman myself, I've found this thread quite interesting, and I've pleased to see that the escapist community is a forward thinking and accepting one. That having been said, there are a few points I'd like to make for those of you who don't seem to understand.

Firstly transwomen did not use to be men. I have never been a man, I will accept that I was a boy for a period of my life, but never a man. Manhood comes from the lessons you learn during childhood, and I never learn those lessons, as I knew I was female from a very young age. I have no experience of being a man, nor really of being a boy. The only way I know life, is as a transsexual, and as a woman.

Secondly people don't to understand that gender and sex are not the same thing... A few people have said that you cannot change your gender, and that you could never see a transperson as the gender that live as. This is worng, and stems from a lack of understanding of what gender is. Gender cannot be measured, or tested for, it is nothing more than a social construct that we created... genders not tangible, so the only effective way to measure it is by asking people what they feel themselves to be. I do agree that gender cannot be changed, but for transsexuals there is no need to change it, my gender is (And always has been) female, it never changed.

Sex on the other hand is to do with you biological body, and I would at least understand you saying that you cannot change your sex (I don't agree with that, but I can understand why someone would think it) as technically I will never be able to change my chromosomes. However I feel that one can fix their physical body, then that should be enough. Plenty of ciswomen are born with out wombs, or with intersex conditions... are they not women in your opinion? What if a woman has to have a mastectomy due to an illness, is she not a woman now? Ciswomen are accepted as women, even if their bodies as far from what is consider normal as transwomens are. What is it exactly that you feel makes a woman a woman?

This is why I prefer the term transsexual to transgender. Trans comes from the latin "to move across", and to say "to move across gender" makes no sense to me, whereas "to move across sex" does, I can (And am) changing my physical body, and in my opinion, that is all I need to do.

Thirdly, there's been a lot of talk about the results of surgery, the general opinion seems to be that they are quite poor. This is not entirely true (At least not for transwomen, I know that transmen do have much more varied results, and I can imagine how it must be for them - My heart goes out to you guys) a lot of the photos you find online are very poor, but this comes down to where you have your surgery done, who does it, and what technique they use... sadly this is all influenced by how much you can afford to spend, and many people do take a budget route here.

Obviously there is a bit of luck involved, but if you can do your research, and you have cash to blow, then you can expect very good results. Most of the transwomens vagina's that I have seen in real life (I've never dated a transwomen, but I have been show a few results by my close friends) are very good indeed, and look just like ciswomen's. My partner has also seen quite a few photos of results, and has commented that they "Look my normal than mine"

It is true that many transwomen cannot orgasm in quite the same way as ciswomen, though again with a good surgeon it is possible (Though rare), transwomen can also generally not produce their own lubrication (Though again, it can happen, but it's very rare) however plenty of ciswomen suffer from dryness as well, so I don't really think it's a problem, or that it makes us less normal.

Right, now for the poll, there wasn't an option for me so I'll just answer here, I'm a mtf, and I would date another mtf. I would never consider dating a ftm, because I would never want to date a man, and while I would date a mtf sexual contact would be a big no until they'd had their surgery, this might seem an odd thing to say coming someone who is trans themselves, but I simply could not stand the penis (Regardless of whether it's on a cisman, transman, or transwomen) I already got one in my life that I hate and need to be rid of, I do not need a second!

I hope people might have gained something from this... but if you didn't so what! For me if people aren't okay with it, then I decide that they're probably not worth knowing anyway. No offence meant to anyway by this, you're all entitled to your own opinions of course, however for me, if people can't see me for who I am, I don't want to waste my time getting to know them, as I know that they'll never truly know me.

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
Natasha_LB said:
As a trans woman myself, I've found this thread quite interesting, and I've pleased to see that the escapist community is a forward thinking and accepting one. That having been said, there are a few points I'd like to make for those of you who don't seem to understand.

Firstly transwomen did not use to be men. I have never been a man, I will accept that I was a boy for a period of my life, but never a man. Manhood comes from the lessons you learn during childhood, and I never learn those lessons, as I knew I was female from a very young age. I have no experience of being a man, nor really of being a boy. The only way I know life, is as a transsexual, and as a woman.

Secondly people don't to understand that gender and sex are not the same thing... A few people have said that you cannot change your gender, and that you could never see a transperson as the gender that live as. This is worng, and stems from a lack of understanding of what gender is. Gender cannot be measured, or tested for, it is nothing more than a social construct that we created... genders not tangible, so the only effective way to measure it is by asking people what they feel themselves to be. I do agree that gender cannot be changed, but for transsexuals there is no need to change it, my gender is (And always has been) female, it never changed.

Sex on the other hand is to do with you biological body, and I would at least understand you saying that you cannot change your sex (I don't agree with that, but I can understand why someone would think it) as technically I will never be able to change my chromosomes. However I feel that one can fix their physical body, then that should be enough. Plenty of ciswomen are born with out wombs, or with intersex conditions... are they not women in your opinion? What if a woman has to have a mastectomy due to an illness, is she not a woman now? Ciswomen are accepted as women, even if their bodies as far from what is consider normal as transwomens are. What is it exactly that you feel makes a woman a woman?

This is why I prefer the term transsexual to transgender. Trans comes from the latin "to move across", and to say "to move across gender" makes no sense to me, whereas "to move across sex" does, I can (And am) changing my physical body, and in my opinion, that is all I need to do.

Thirdly, there's been a lot of talk about the results of surgery, the general opinion seems to be that they are quite poor. This is not entirely true (At least not for transwomen, I know that transmen do have much more varied results, and I can imagine how it must be for them - My heart goes out to you guys) a lot of the photos you find online are very poor, but this comes down to where you have your surgery done, who does it, and what technique they use... sadly this is all influenced by how much you can afford to spend, and many people do take a budget route here.

Obviously there is a bit of luck involved, but if you can do your research, and you have cash to blow, then you can expect very good results. Most of the transwomens vagina's that I have seen in real life (I've never dated a transwomen, but I have been show a few results by my close friends) are very good indeed, and look just like ciswomen's. My partner has also seen quite a few photos of results, and has commented that they "Look my normal than mine"

It is true that many transwomen cannot orgasm in quite the same way as ciswomen, though again with a good surgeon it is possible (Though rare), transwomen can also generally not produce their own lubrication (Though again, it can happen, but it's very rare) however plenty of ciswomen suffer from dryness as well, so I don't really think it's a problem, or that it makes us less normal.

Right, now for the poll, there wasn't an option for me so I'll just answer here, I'm a mtf, and I would date another mtf. I would never consider dating a ftm, because I would never want to date a man, and while I would date a mtf sexual contact would be a big no until they'd had their surgery, this might seem an odd thing to say coming someone who is trans themselves, but I simply could not stand the penis (Regardless of whether it's on a cisman, transman, or transwomen) I already got one in my life that I hate and need to be rid of, I do not need a second!

I hope people might have gained something from this... but if you didn't so what! For me if people aren't okay with it, then I decide that they're probably not worth knowing anyway. No offence meant to anyway by this, you're all entitled to your own opinions of course, however for me, if people can't see me for who I am, I don't want to waste my time getting to know them, as I know that they'll never truly know me.
Okay, question, what the hell is a cisman and a ciswoman?

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
westcoast1313 said:
A cisman is a man who was born with a male body, and a ciswoman is a woman who was born with a female body.

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:
A cisman is a man who was born with a male body, and a ciswoman is a woman who was born with a female body.
Ahhh okay, so its a "normal" person. Then whats with the cis part?

Anyways on topic now i anwsered no as i find it weird. Cant really put a finger on the exact reason i feel that way, i just do.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
westcoast1313 said:
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:

Anyways on topic now i anwsered no as i find it weird. Cant really put a finger on the exact reason i feel that way, i just do.
From Wikipedia:

"Cis-" as a prefix of Latin origin, meaning "on the same side [as]" or "on this side [of]"

Also: "Trans is a Latin noun or prefix, meaning "across", "beyond" or "on the opposite side"

Just in case that bit wasn't clear either.

Natasha_LB

Jan 2, 2011
westcoast1313 said:
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:

No, it does not mean a "Normal" person, I'll let you off this once, because I can see how easy it must be for people to make that mistake, but it implies that we are not "normal" and that's quite offensive. Trans people are as normal as cis people are. Gender identity disorder is a disease... suffering from a disease does not make a person not normal, would you say that someone with cancer was not normal?

This is why we have the term "cis", it's essentially a shorthand way of saying "not trans", without having to fall back on terms like normal. The cis part once again comes from latin, it means "On the same side as" so cissexual would mean to be on the same side as your birth sex. IE, you don't need to travel across the plain of sex, because you're already on the correct side.

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
You can shove feathers up your butt and call yourself a chicken, but it doesn't make you one. It doesn't matter if you mutilate your genitals and take hormone treatment, you still have your biological sex.

I am attracted to women, not men. That's not a statement of fear, it's a statement of fact. I am repulsed by male sexuality(I frankly don't even like hearing other guys talk about how attractive women are, as that's an expression of their sexuality and, as such, icky). A man taking his penis and turning it inside out is not going to make him a woman. It's not going to give him the ability to reproduce with another man, no matter how much estrogen is pumped into him. You're still a man.

I do, however, have pity for the transformers around us. I understand the confusion that is life, even if I have never felt that specific confusion. My heart goes out to them, but you can't change your sex.

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:

From Wikipedia:

"Cis-" as a prefix of Latin origin, meaning "on the same side [as]" or "on this side [of]"

Also: "Trans is a Latin noun or prefix, meaning "across", "beyond" or "on the opposite side"

All righty then thanks for the anwser.

MartianWarMachine

Neon-pink cyber-kitty
Dec 10, 2010
westcoast1313 said:
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:

From Wikipedia:

All righty then thanks for the anwser.
I was going to edit my post, but @Natasha_LB: posted what I was going to say way better than I was going to say it. Thank her instead :p