Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I... really don't know. If I fell in love with the person in the first place, then I think so, but there's still a chance it'd completely freak me out.

Unless I actually end up in this situation, I can't really answer it.

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
No, personally I find trans gender weird. Not to say the people themselves are weird, just the thought of changing sexes to me is strange. If that is your thing however, I say go for it.

westcoast1313

Aug 31, 2009
Natasha_LB said:
westcoast1313 said:
MartianWarMachine said:
westcoast1313 said:
Okay, question, what the hell is a cisman and a ciswoman?
A cisman is a man who was born with a male body, and a ciswoman is a woman who was born with a female body.
Ahhh okay, so its a "normal" person. Then whats with the cis part?

Anyways on topic now i anwsered no as i find it weird. Cant really put a finger on the exact reason i feel that way, i just do.
No, it does not mean a "Normal" person, I'll let you off this once, because I can see how easy it must be for people to make that mistake, but it implies that we are not "normal" and that's quite offensive. Trans people are as normal as cis people are. Gender identity disorder is a disease... suffering from a disease does not make a person not normal, would you say that someone with cancer was not normal?

This is why we have the term "cis", it's essentially a shorthand way of saying "not trans", without having to fall back on terms like normal. The cis part once again comes from latin, it means "On the same side as" so cissexual would mean to be on the same side as your birth sex. IE, you don't need to travel across the plain of sex, because you're already on the correct side.
Jeez Louise, i wasnt offending anyone by saying "normal "thats what the quotation marks are for. There is no such thing as a normal person in my book.Everybody is different in one way or the other. I was using it to say normal as in the gender it says on your birth certificate.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Post-op? Sure, probably. The only reason I wouldn't date a man would be due to a lack of vagina. This is assuming all other things are equal and were compatible and we like the same stuff. There'd be a small part of me rebelling against the idea, but I'd probably get over that once we got physical. I do think there's something psychologically wrong with transgendered people to want to do that to themselves, though I realize I'm not equipped to make that judgment. It just seems like I'd want to date someone who loves him/her self or is at least okay with him/her self. Going to through surgery suggests to me that that person has a lot of problems with who they are, not just when it comes to what's between their legs.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
If a guy truly felt like a female, had his genitalia changed, his voice lighted, his breasts enlarged and managed to look like a beautiful female, then yes, I would date her.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I don't see why not. Dating for me is more about who I feel a connection with. If I feel a connection with them, then why not? I'm bi anyway, so I'd date either.

Natasha_LB

Jan 2, 2011
westcoast1313 said:
Jeez Louise, i wasnt offending anyone by saying "normal "thats what the quotation marks are for. There is no such thing as a normal person in my book.Everybody is different in one way or the other. I was using it to say normal as in the gender it says on your birth certificate.
I don't think you intended to offend anyone, because I don't think you'd realized the connotations of how what you were saying might affect trans people, and as I said I can completely see why someone would make that mistake. I just though I'd let you know for the future. I will say that I didn't notice your quotation marks, and perhaps if I had I would have interpreted your reply a little differently.

As for "normal" being the same as what's on your birth certificate, that's not entirely true, as where i live I can get my birth certificated changed... however lets not get in to semantics here, as I do understand what you meant.

Please know that I wasn't trying to have a go at you or anything, and I certainly don't think that you're transphobic; I just wanted to let you know. In a face to face conversation you can't exactly use quotation marks, and without the context of knowing you were trying to understand the meaning of "cis" using the word "normal" could really upset some people.

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
I'm already dating a trans person. Not transgendered, but trans.

So... yes? I guess?

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
airrazor7 said:
TheDarkestDerp said:
Pretty sad results on the poll, if not unexpected.
Come on now, (not trying to offend) you can't have it both ways. You can't say that transgender people should have the right to live and be as they please like anyone else only to later disagree with the choice of people who refuse to consider a relationship with a transgender person. They have a right to their choices as well.

Well, I'm technically a hermaphrodite and I was married to a MTF transgendered person, so, there you go.

If you truly 'love' someone, what they are isn't going to matter. I loved her before I knew what crockery was in her cupboards and when I did know I didn't care. Why would I? She was what she was and I loved her for the person she was, not the thing. She was a gamer, a geek, a fetishist and a dancing fool with a great sense of humor and some sense of social propriety. I fell in love with those things, not her genitals. It's always seemed so ridiculously shallow to me that anyone would care about something so trivial.
"was married..."

It seems like you were really in love with that person and the relationship that you two shared. It's a shame that your relationship is now in past tense. You've piqued my curiosity. If you don't mind sharing, how and why did it end?
Hmm... well, you first. Please explain where you got any of your initial retort, starting with "Oh come on...". At no point did I state anything about TGs living "as they pleased" or disagreeing with anyone elses choices or right to have or not have any choices. I only implied I was saddened by the results of the poll and that I possibly expected similar results, not which aspects of the poll, which specific results or why. For all you knew at the time you wrote this, I was upset by what I viewed as limited options for answer, the gender lines upon which they were skewed or my own specific demographic being excluded. You seem to be assuming things which I never even stated. Why...?

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
No it's a huge turn off.
In my opinion, if a man has a sex change he is still a man likewise if a woman has a sex change she is still a woman.

Deathmageddon said:
Mutilating your genitals beyond recognition does not change your gender...
don't forget getting fake breasts if they are a guy and taking a hell of a lot of the opposite genders hormones.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I've never met a transgender that I would want to date, just saying, I've never had a decision of this variety to make.

That being said I'm a straight guy, and I like my women natural, so I guess that means no.
I'll befriend pretty much anyone, but dating usually means there's gonna be sexytimes involved, and well yeah I gotta be really comfortable with a person in that way, to want to get that far with them and call me a bigot or whatever you wanna call me but I don't think I COULD get to that point with someone who's transgender.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Ehe, heh, of course.

I have a bit of a transgender fetish, even.

Vanilla gender is kinda boring, to me.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Regardless of what gender the person claims to be, they still are what they were born as. So no. I am not dating a man who masquerades himself around as a female. You're a man or woman, involuntarily chosen at birth, whether you like it or not.

And no, the recent spike in LGBT popularity ratings isn't going to change my viewpoint.

Edit - The fact that the options for the first, third, and fifth have an ear for support, deeply frightens me about future generations and how they will end up viewing the world.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Kendarik said:
Because they are trying to normalize themselves by suggesting that there are multiple normal states, one called cis, one called trans. It's like if CP patients wanted to call those who don't have CP want to call people without the disease "CPabsent" or something like that.
You know, just like pro-lifers and pro-choicers. Of course everyone is going to choose a label they are more comfortable with.

Arsen said:
Edit - The fact that the options for the first, third, and fifth have an ear for support, deeply frightens me about future generations and how they will end up viewing the world.
So, the world will be ruined if we do not share your opinion on the matter?

Whalebranch

Nov 21, 2011
The first thing that i could think of is the "No god NO!" thingy...

I do not find the idea of having a relation with a person that has had a gender-change appealing, so i guess no.