Poll: Would you ever burn a book?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I don't know, would you ever break a ruler?

[sub][sub]I don't get it....[/sub][/sub]

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Because I'm really cold, and its my only option. Or more recently, just finished school, burn lots of old textbooks etc.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
Books aren't sacred or anything, they're just paper.
Now if you're talking about burning all the books, then that's a little bit of a different story...

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Yeah sure, those nights can get pretty cold in the winter. Besides book burning is kinda pointless in the digital era.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I did it once. It was the end of the school year and I decided to burn all the books that had no return value.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
If I had a logical reason to and it didn't hold any sentimental value then sure. In the end books are just bound paper, I don't see why you would with hold burning them more than anything else.

JJMUG

Jan 23, 2010
Yes, it would be both twilight and any book by the cast of Jersey shore.

zpm4737

Dec 25, 2008
Book burning, to me, represents a disrespect for the written word in general. Provided it's symbolic.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I once burned a bible because my friends were going on about how it was sacred and that we needed to treat it with respect.

I listened to them all day before grabbing one (it was one of those small ones they give out at schools) and burning it in front of them. The shock on some peoples faces was awesome.

Ahhhh, I enjoyed that day :3

D.J. D.J.

Oct 12, 2010
Yes, in a heartbeat. books are just paper with funny symbols on them, besides you can always get it on your kindle :)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
No, I wouldn't, unless I had to in order to survive or something. Say, if I was in a situation like in The Day After Tomorrow. In general, I find books pretty damn important. I hate even dropping a book, I always feel a little guilty. Maybe it's down to the fact that I worked in my school library for almost seven years during my younger years, and I've always been an avid reader. But no, unless I had to, I would never burn a book.

Side note, I felt so disgusted at the arc villain in the AC2 DLC, Bonfire of the Vanities. It actually made me really want to kill the guy after I saw all the fictional in-game books being burned in piles... the first game did the same for me with that 'scholar' Templar too...

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
If there was a functional use in doing so (staying warm by getting a fire going), then yes. Otherwise no.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
My AP World History summer reading book. That was the most boring thing I had ever put up with, but I would have failed the class had I not. I burned that thing at the end of the year with a bunch of friends, had a nice little bonfire.

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
Yes... one in particular, the one I had to read for my sociology class... which was the class I wondered if the teacher was still explaining the class or was it important stuff, 2 weeks after the start of classes. Not entirely sure why, but I do know I wouldn't really hesitate, even if the book itself didn't really had much to do with sociology.