Poll: Would you harbor a nazi?

Kouryuu

Mar 1, 2011
Generic Gamer said:
I'd turn him over to the police but I wouldn't take any particular pleasure in it.

Frankly Nazi trials when thy rarely happen aren't the witch hunt they used to be, if he's arrested and pleads his case to someone in judgement of him it's possible they'd be compassionate. However I don't have any right to obstruct the law, if he's being arrested it's for a good reason in this case.
The problem is, as it is America and we speak about an elderly man, who has to be brought to Hag it is a very dangerous journey and will take a lot of energy, and could be lethal to him. Secondly in the Jewish community, very strongly in Israel is the sentiment that every Nazi,a army cook, a typist for a army delivery service no exception have taken part in the genocide, if you put a person before trial got an eye witness, even if he does not recognise the person in front of him he will testify, because it is a Nazi after all and they all are guilty. There are many such cases.

There have been so many genocides, but why do Jews insist that theirs was worse? in fact it wasn't, it was one of the most human ones in comparison to American, who starved to death the native Americans and Russia who starved away 10% of its population and few millions of the Ukrainians as a bonus, that was horrible.

I believe its long time we stopped pity the Jews they do not deserve it, not since they started to exterminate Palestinians.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
its also an ethnic group belive me not all jews follow the jewish religion some of us are etheists or just dont belive in god...

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I can't forgive him. No one can. The only people who have the right to forgive him are the ones he killed/hurt, and they, for the most part, would be dead.

I would turn him over to the authorities. I would ask the Israeli government if they wanted him, and if they did want to put him on trial, I would hand him over to them.

It doesn't matter if he helped other people later in life - the ones he helped torture and kill aren't coming back. He can't help them. Compassion to others does NOT erase the crime done to past victims, and those victims deserve justice.

If someone killed or tortured a member of my family in cold blood (like the Nazis did in the Camps), I simply do not care how many good deeds they do later - I want him punished most severely. I do not care how long ago it was, it would still hurt. Likewise - all the good deeds later in life can't make his victims spring back to life.

Not only that - the people who served in those camps were, to a man, evil. I will accept that not all German Soldiers were evil, and certainly not all German civilians were evil, but those Nazis that worked at that camp were evil. They could have transferred out if they didn't want to, but they chose to stay in those camps. SS guards were handpicked out of a group the worst, meanest and obedient bastards, as THE worst, meanest, obedient bastards. To be signed up as a camp guard meant that you had to have already proven your barbarism, evil and cruelty to be above the others in the SS pack. Only the worst of the worst were chosen for that job.

So - I wouldn't forgive him. Even if he did change, that doesn't excuse the crimes he did in the past, and if even ONE of the victims he hurt or killed wanted him dead, he deserves to die. What right do I have to forgive him in the place of all those he killed? On the other hand, I'm pretty damn sure some of his victims would want him dead - and if I can even imagine ONE of his victims wanting him to be punished (and let's face it, many of his victims, were they alive today, would want severe justice meted out), I would hand him to the authorities pronto.

I wouldn't kill him. I'd leave that pleasure to the Israeli authorities - they can do to him what they did to Eichmann.

Kouryuu

Mar 1, 2011
ravensheart18 said:
The point is there is a difference between a line soldier, that no one holds a grudge against, and an officer in a death camp. Even if he said a drafted private in a death camp it might not have been as easy a result. Officer...death camp... not good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latvian_Legion
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2010/mar/18/latvia-waffen-ss-protest

there is the example of the Nazi hunt my country faces

My grandfather was conscripted in our family home at gunpoint[ not only him, but the whole family]
And now when I go the remember him and his comrades who did nothing to the Jews, they call us names, I just do not believe in such justice.

Read, understand, and then we can speak about the Nazi hunt, and what people understand and where they just shout Nazi.

What if he was Latvian Legion?

TheMatsjo

Jan 28, 2011
If I were to agree with the potential actions authorities would take I would talk with and try to convince the man to be taken in. If, for example, the man would be executed I would harbor him.

Cheers

Kouryuu

Mar 1, 2011
dogstile said:
Fine, tired of arguing the point anyway. Still think you're not correct though
That just prove that ether you are a religious fanatic, or an ignorant.
Can't decide who is worse.

blamehoffman

Jan 21, 2011
I think if this person is truly sorry, then they should be able to turn themselves in and let come what may. I am persuaded by a person who pointed out that they were an officer and that he had a responsability; if he were just a conscripted grunt I dont know if it'd be the same.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
I would help him he is a human being and deserves a second chance and I would suggest a therapist to help him with his grief.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
And remember - you had to sign up to be a Nazi. Most Germans weren't. Nazi membership wasn't compulsory. In fact, if you were a higher up in the military, you COULDN'T be a member of the Nazi party (although more than a few Wermacht generals were Nazis in Spirit if not in name). To be an SS member, especially a Camp Guard, meant that this individual would have had to have been a volunteer, an enthusiastic Nazi party supporter. Again, they didn't give camp jobs to anyone - they made SURE that only the most sadistic, racist, brutal members of the SS got that job.

I really have no sympathies with any Nazi Party Member above the age of 18. I will grudgingly accept that maybe some of the Nazi Party Youth members should be spared (since a lot of them were pressured into it by their parents), but anyone who joined the Nazi party as an adult doesn't deserve sympathy. Again, a lot of Germans weren't Nazi Party members. Most Germans, in fact, weren't Nazi Party Members. He had a choice, and it was not a "Life or Death" Choice - it was a choice between Career Advancement and Wealth, or morality. To join the Nazi party incurred great privileges and opportunity. To not join the Nazi party would lock you out of the highest jobs, but you could still have a pretty successful career. To those who joined the Nazi Party - either they must have been racists who agreed with what the Nazi Party espoused, or they must have cared more about getting that next job promotion over the rights of their fellow citizens. Again - joining was purely a choice. If you didn't want to join, you didn't have to.

Not all Nazi party members were guilty of war crimes, but odds are if you worked or had anything to do with those camps, you ARE guilty of war crimes. SS members were almost certainly, to a man, guilty of crimes against humanity. During the war with the Soviet Union, you had entire SS divisions following behind the regular army, and their job (which they did efficiently) was to just kill all Jews and anyone suspected of being members of the Communist Party, as well as to "punish" villagers for partisan activity. They would machine gun hundreds of people from a village just because a German soldier was killed by a partisan near-by. They killed and starved, ON PURPOSE, at the very least hundreds of THOUSANDS of Russian citizens who had done no harm to them.

Given the SHEER AMOUNT of blood shed by the SS (and it is truly mind-boggling how many they killed), odds are every single SS officer had murdered at least one civilian in cold blood. They don't deserve any pity from us.

Kouryuu

Mar 1, 2011
Korolev said:
It doesn't matter if he helped other people later in life - the ones he helped torture and kill aren't coming back. He can't help them. Compassion to others does NOT erase the crime done to past victims, and those victims deserve justice.
Where was it said that he helped in any way?

For all we know he could have been an U-Bot(German submarine) captain

This is the reason I would protect him, then there is just too much prejudice going around and too many people who ignorantly follow propaganda.

Read up something about the WW2 suggest some East European history book, we had both occupations.
or better Get the Soviet story documentary.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
The Allies also performed atrocities on a regular basis, the were both EQUALLY evil.

But as they say, History is written by the victors.

Many people don't understand that most Nazis were just soldiers, who just fought, no torture, no camps, just fought.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Kouryuu said:
silasbufu said:
Who are you, I, or the OP to decide if he is guilty or not? Sure you can play the "justice is blind" card all you want, but if we would all take justice into our own hands there would be chaos (alot more than now at least).

I know it's a different case, but if someone murdered a person I loved, did no time for it, and came to me 20-30 years later saying he has changed, that he's a saint and he's so sorry, I would still not forgive him.
Efraim Zuroff - The Last Nazi Hunter

Do you know how he operates?

I will explain

he sees your father was conscripted in the Waffen SS conscripted 1 day before the German surrender.
[ no chance whatsoever to get near a concentration camp or even get basic training]

your father + Waffen SS = Jew killer -> Death penalty

if that is justice then I am happy that I am blind, then justice is not only blind, but has incredibly selective hearing too!
Here's one of his "victims" : Aribert Heim - reportedly killed hundreds of inmates at the Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria by injecting gasoline into their hearts and performing surgery and severing organs without anaesthesia.

Listen, there are always two sides to a story and I'm more than willing to admit the huge flaws of justice system and that alot of judges are subjective. The fact of the matter is, I might be subjective too, I'm really sorry for the German soldiers that really were forced into doing what they did (you can't deny that there weren't any nazi soldiers who actually enjoyed doing what they did), but I hate nazism and everything it stood and stands for. That's something that won't change. And I'm also sorry for Germany because it's a fantastic country and they'll never going to get rid of that "stain" in their history and the way ignorant people still refer to any german as "nazi" , but on the other side of the table, there are tenths of millions of absolutely unnecesary deaths which can lead anyone to be subjective.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
If he's a criminal than it would be a crime to hide him. I have faith in our justice system that he would be punished for his crimes accordingly. The same goes for any sort of criminal.

it's not like hiding Jews from Nazis as they hadn't done anything wrong, and they were being imprisoned for different reasons.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Other: Rehabilitation is always better, I'd hide them not because they changed, but because they're a human being

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Wow. Flame-bait-much? Nearly half said they would harbor Nazis because "they've changed." I haven't ventured past page 1 but I predict what I will find will be troll-riffic.

Let the anti-semetic nonsense commence!

Kouryuu

Mar 1, 2011
silasbufu said:
Listen, there are always two sides to a story and I'm more than willing to admit the huge flaws of justice system and that alot of judges are subjective.
Do you know how many cases there are in a year when some Jewish organisation gets a warrant for a Latvian legion soldier in the USA to get arrested and then they cant get them even to court cuz Hag said not happening? more than 100 a year for a dozen soldiers, the USA judges a trusting a Nazi is a Nazi give warrant.

I admit I would infringe justice in helping him, but I would do so only after talking to him, seeing what kind of human he is. But I still would not believe in a sister who prosecutes only the losers after a war, we had our terrors here too, and they where not the work of the German forces.

I am on this side of the coin because I have been born under CCCP occupation of my country. And my Grandmother still speaks how good the time was when the Germans had taken over in comparison to the Russian occupation.

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Kouryuu said:
silasbufu said:
Listen, there are always two sides to a story and I'm more than willing to admit the huge flaws of justice system and that alot of judges are subjective.
Do you know how many cases there are in a year when some Jewish organisation gets a warrant for a Latvian legion soldier in the USA to get arrested and then they cant get them even to court cuz Hag said not happening? more than 100 a year for a dozen soldiers, the USA judges a trusting a Nazi is a Nazi give warrant.

I admit I would infringe justice in helping him, but I would do so only after talking to him, seeing what kind of human he is. But I still would not believe in a sister who prosecutes only the losers after a war, we had our terrors here too, and they where not the work of the German forces.

I am on this side of the coin because I have been born under CCCP occupation of my country. And my Grandmother still speaks how good the time was when the Germans had taken over in comparison to the Russian occupation.
I too am from Eastern Europe and I hate Stalin ten times more than Hitler, but that's another story.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
No, if they police are already after him I don't want to get into trouble as well as for lying. Although if it was the other way around I would hide him.

Apr 15, 2009
Yes, since he was good to ME and the people I know I couldn't care less what his political views were and where he "worked" (or who he killed) because of them and since he was a good friend to me he'd probably do the same for me if our positions were switched. If however a family member of mine or a close friend was killed in a camp where he "worked" I'd tell him to fuck off.