Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
UltraHammer said:
lithium.jelly said:
American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
And there's culture in the middle-east that consciously intends to chaotically destroy civilization.

What? Are you kidding me? The fuck are you talking about man?
I assume you're talking about Islamic culture, if so, you are sorely mistaken....
Islam is a a religion and culture that promotes peace, knowledge and brotherhood.
Jesus Christ, the hell have you been smoking...

Alphonse_Lamperouge

Oct 19, 2011
lithium.jelly said:
Why the hell not? In most places outside of the USA, sex, romance and even marriage between 2nd cousins or more distant is considered quite acceptable and there's really nothing weird or wrong about it. American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
really? your really going to make a generalization like that, based on what? your own opinion?
typical American arrogance. i cant even think of a SINGLE culture where this would be ''frowned upon'', let alone acceptable.

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
What I read is: "Hey guys, I wanna have incest but I don't think that's actually the right thing to do. Can you guys choose for me?"

Electric Alpaca

What's on the menu?
May 2, 2011
I wouldn't - there is enough people out there that haven't been met to suffer the potential judgments of the only people that really matter; your family.

Plus I don't think I have any female cousins so there's that angle to consider as well.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Hell. The fuck. NO.

No matter how distant, it is family, and you don't "do" family.

Then again, what if you met a nice girl and have a one night stand, and a week later on your mad uncle Tom's birthday party you meet her again and she appears to be your 3rd cousin?

...Ouch?

hexFrank202

Mar 21, 2010
Darth_Dude said:
UltraHammer said:
lithium.jelly said:
American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
And there's culture in the middle-east that consciously intends to chaotically destroy civilization.
What? Are you kidding me? The fuck are you talking about man?
I assume you're talking about Islamic culture, if so, you are sorely mistaken....
Islam is a a religion and culture that promotes peace, knowledge and brotherhood.
Jesus Christ, the hell have you been smoking...
Does anybody wanna guess where this guy severely misinterpreted my vocabulary?

Edit: Also, come to think of it, I fatally misunderstood Darth_Dude's vocabulary. So all aboard the false assumption train, I guess.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
Purely depends on how hot my cousin is.
None of my actual cousins are hot enough/are the wrong sex.

But if we're talking about some hypothetical super-sexy cousin who exists at that point on the scale where the sexiness factor is greater than the revulsion factor...

poleboy

May 19, 2008
What I really want to know is what is up with city Americans badmouthing their rural cousins (lol). It's like hearing a 19th century British aristocrat talking about the working class. :p

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
If I'd never met that cousin before becoming an adult then I probably wouldn't find it weird at all. The whole "eww incest" reaction is something you develop mostly during childhood, the rest is down to stigma.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I wouldn't but not for the "usual" reason. If both parties are willing and are smart enough to use protection then it would usually be safe to say go nuts, but this is different. In the case of family you're stuck with that person for the rest of your life one way or another, so it's not like you can have a one-night stand and forget about each other the next day. And if you find you enjoy each others' company enough to want to be with each other then you can't get into a open relationship without getting trouble from the rest of your family.

In short it's not really worth the effort, plenty of other fish in the sea that doesn't come with that sort of extra baggage.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
3rd or 4th cousin, maybe, I mean I don't even know any of my 3rd or 4th cousins, and that is a point when you are basically unrelated, so maybe. 5th cousin, we aren't even cousins at that point, at least in my mind, and I'd go for it. for that matter, I doubt I would even find out we were related until we ended up saying something like "my second cousin this" "oh, he's my x cousin". Like I said, I've never met anyone beyond my second cousins, so I would have no idea.

galaktar

Nov 16, 2011
Depends on the Cousin obviously. This thread should clarify whether or not reproduction is intended. If so, then no, you're just asking for trouble with genes that closely related.