Poll: Would you hit a woman in self defence(If it were Ronda Rousey)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I would do one of those tender judo chops with my immense anime strength to instant KO her and then carry her back to her home, tuck her in, and leave her a glass of water and some Advil on her nightstand with a card that said "Sorry, Let's Make Up".

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
thaluikhain said:
Something Amyss said:
If media has taught me one thing, it['s that women are powerless of you grab them by the wrist. No need to hit a woman, guys.
Isn't it the upper arm you grab?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardFemaleGrabArea
The wrist is super common and ends up deflecting incoming attacks, too. No matter how strong the woman is, her attack can be mitigated if you catch her wrist in the process.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Equality and justice for all and all that.

I would respond the way I would respond to any attacker: with a big stick.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Finally a scenario in which it is justified to indulge my long dormant passion for beating women!

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
No, because I'm a man and I don't need to resort to physical violence (which is always childish btw) and harm a distressed human being.

And I'm a little shocked to see that I'm one of 3 who said so.

Escapist, you're making me feel like I don't belong, watch yourself.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
So, either Iget a funny shaped cock and some extreme pain, or I get a 28 second reprieve to try and trundle my ass away before Rhoda Rousey gets up and proceeds to give me a funny shaped cock and a body cast?

Quit while I'm ahead, thank you very much. I've watched fighting sports. "Knocked out" isn't usually for more than a few seconds.

Cheesy Goodness

Aug 24, 2009
Considering this is such an extreme example, yes, I'd do whatever it takes to get a former world champion MMA fighter away from me.

Slice said:
Being that she's a pro fighter, I would strongly recommend shooting her, not punching her.
Actually, this is probably the smarter thing to do. A trained fighter, especially one of Rousey's caliber, would likely get lit up from my Glock. I actually have some fighting experience myself, but taking her one-on-one would be a fool's errand. Whether it be Rousey, Holly Holm or the freak of nature called Cyborg, I'd take no chances with someone that dangerous.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I haven't been in a fight in 12 years, i'm not a violent person and noone else seems to want to fight me either. But if somebody, regardless of gender started one with me and there was no other option but to use my fists, i would. My reasoning is simple, if you want to physically hurt someone else then you have no right to be upset or complain if it backfires. And if being physicaly weaker is your argument then you should've had the sense not to start it in the first place.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Equality:
"the state of being equal, especially in status, rights, and opportunities"

I'll hit anyone who hits me. There is no difference between hitting men and women, period. Obviously, if I'm going to argue that people are not defined by the circumstances of their birth, i.e: Gender and race, I must also concede that they are also not exalted by those same circumstances.

If we want an even playing field, we're all going to have to be willing to give up some of the privileges that naturally result from inequality.

P.S: Women on video game sites is not at all abnormal. That was a joke, right? You really have to accentuate online sarcasm; I can't hear your tone of voice.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
EyeReaper said:
Huh. Apparently I'm literally the only one (as of right now) who wouldn't hit a lady.

Course, I wouldn't hit a man either, if it matters. Vow of Pacifism. Never shall my mortal flesh come to blows, for only mere animals need to resort to fighting with anything but the mind.
To be fair I think the only reason so many people picked the yes option was because it is a reference to One Punch Man.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
My personal rule of thumb is if you are willing to throw a punch then you are willing to take a punch. Don't dish out what you can't handle coming right back at you.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I'd punch my dear old grandmother cold if she was a real threat to me. I'd punch your grandmother too.

Self defense is self defense. There's no excuse to threaten someone's life or health regardless of who you are.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Fappy said:
I would do one of those tender judo chops with my immense anime strength to instant KO her and then carry her back to her home, tuck her in, and leave her a glass of water and some Advil on her nightstand with a card that said "Sorry, Let's Make Up".
As someone who practiced judo for 5 years up to green belt status I feel a compulsive need to say this: "judo chop" is an egregious misnomer. Judo is based on grapples, throws, strangleholds and getting your opponent off balance. There is not a single move in judo that could be construed as a "chop" in the slightest. In fact, throughout all my years (and my sensei was national champion level) I never encountered or even heard of a single move that was based on direct damage via striking. Just needed to clear that up.

Cold Shiny said:
No, because I'm a man and I don't need to resort to physical violence (which is always childish btw) and harm a distressed human being.

And I'm a little shocked to see that I'm one of 3 who said so.

Escapist, you're making me feel like I don't belong, watch yourself.
So you'd rather have your dick ripped off? Eh, everyone's priorities differ I suppose.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
bartholen said:
Fappy said:
As someone who practiced judo for 5 years up to green belt status I feel a compulsive need to say this: "judo chop" is an egregious misnomer. Judo is based on grapples, throws, strangleholds and getting your opponent off balance. There is not a single move in judo that could be construed as a "chop" in the slightest. In fact, throughout all my years (and my sensei was national champion level) I never encountered or even heard of a single move that was based on direct damage via striking. Just needed to clear that up.
Are you telling me Austin Powers is a LIAR?!