Poll: Would you hit a woman in self defence(If it were Ronda Rousey)

Mr_Spanky

Jun 1, 2012
I'd punch the fuck outta her. And 'fraid to say, if you don't think you should, you're the people that don't get to be the "fittest" in Darwin's survival of the.

If anyone makes their intentions clear to physically harm you then I don't give a shit about sex, race, religion or anything else. I choose to live - and not in a hospital with a tube in my dick.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
I don't care if it's Ronda Rousey, my grandma, or a girl scout, that ***** is going down.

Qizx

Executor
Feb 21, 2011
I'm actually happy with the results of this poll. What kind of idiot would NOT protect themselves just because of the gender of their opponent?

Feb 26, 2014
You know it! Right upside the head, no hesitation! Especially children! Right in the fa- Oh, self defense. Ronda Rousey!?... No. Despite my intimidating size I'm a rather weak individual. If a woman has the vulva to step up to me, my bravado fails and my only course of action is to curl up into a ball and tire her out.

Okay, seriously. I will not hesitate. I'll punch anyone that hits me first. I don't see why I shouldn't. If they didn't want a fight they wouldn't have started it. I only make an exception for the elderly and children, as in 12 or younger. I can't bring my self to

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
I don't hit women in self defence, only when they backtalk. I have some standards, you know.
Maybe it's because it's so late and I haven't slept in over 24 hours...but I laughed harder than I probably should at this. :3

Zio_IV

Not a Premium Member
Sep 17, 2011
EyeReaper said:
Huh. Apparently I'm literally the only one (as of right now) who wouldn't hit a lady.

Course, I wouldn't hit a man either, if it matters. Vow of Pacifism. Never shall my mortal flesh come to blows, for only mere animals need to resort to fighting with anything but the mind.
Cold Shiny said:
No, because I'm a man and I don't need to resort to physical violence (which is always childish btw) and harm a distressed human being.

And I'm a little shocked to see that I'm one of 3 who said so.

Escapist, you're making me feel like I don't belong, watch yourself.
As someone who also considers violence to be worthless and only for idiots, these sentiments still sound incredibly unrealistic. No matter how anti-aggression a person can be, one shouldn't act holier-than-thou about self-defense. Regrettably, not everyone in the world is lucky enough to go through life without ever being placed in a situation where violence is thrust upon them with no hope for any other recourse - no fleeing, no reasoning, no nothing.

It sucks, but there's people out there who will bring violence to others for various reasons. You can call those people "mere animals" or "childish" but if you think that those acting in self-defense towards these people somehow qualify for the same labels, that's absurd. Life is not that fair, nor that simple.

People saying they would defend themselves shouldn't really be shocking to you. The desire to keep living comfortably and be in good health is as basic as it gets. If you've yet to be put into a truly unavoidable situation, all I have to say is "be thankful". A lot of people will go their whole lives without a single moment of violence, or get tangled up in one where circumstances allow for them to get out of it, and that really is wonderful... but it's not true of everyone. Even if you still choose to feel the way you do (which is fine), at least keep that in mind.

OT: If my ramblings towards these two fellows didn't give it away, I would defend myself in this situation, but only if I knew all other options had failed (and that's assuming I had the time to assess my options. Some moments of violence come straight outta nowhere).

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
If it was a woman or, more specifically, anyone I think I could miraculously deal with using just one punch, I'd still hit them even if it was a woman. You just described a situation where, realistically, that would go above and beyond out the window and would be a totally justified occasion of mag dumping someone.

Cold Shiny said:
No, because I'm a man and I don't need to resort to physical violence (which is always childish btw) and harm a distressed human being.

And I'm a little shocked to see that I'm one of 3 who said so.

Escapist, you're making me feel like I don't belong, watch yourself.
EyeReaper said:
Huh. Apparently I'm literally the only one (as of right now) who wouldn't hit a lady.

Course, I wouldn't hit a man either, if it matters. Vow of Pacifism. Never shall my mortal flesh come to blows, for only mere animals need to resort to fighting with anything but the mind.
Please skip to 2:31:56 or thereabouts. No disrespect, but while Pacifism is a nice thought on paper, sometimes you're dealing with the animals spoken of that don't quite see much value in diplomacy, words or nice thoughts. Violence is not a "good" option but sometimes it's the required one. Or rather, the required one for the possible least worst option which is often sitting by and doing nothing.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Fieldy409 said:
So through a series of hilarious and zany events you accidentally made a mortal enemy of former womens bantamweight MMA champion Ronda Rousey.

She has you trapped in an alleyway and she is coming at you declaring that she is going to armbar your dick off. All seems lost because you are just a normal soft and pudgy guy vs a terrifying valkyrie but then you hear the voice of the spirit of Holly Holm(she died somehow I guess) telling you that there is an opening to punch. Your fist vibrates with what feels like the power of a thousand suns and you know you can end this with one punch.

But wait, Ronda Rousey is a lady! Even if she is a trained martial artist hitting her would be dishonorable right? So do you accept your beating and learn to pee with an L shape cock? Is there another way? Do you let this fleeting moment of mystic and spiritual power pass unused?
I'd punch her. I thoroughly believe that women deserve equal rights and lefts. Especially one threatening to armbar my dick off. I need what little I got.

Tommy1138

Oct 22, 2015
TakerFoxx said:
No. But that's because my punches suck. I prefer submission holds.
alas, why is there no like/favourite button. That being said, yeah if somebody is obviously going to inflict violence of some form on me, leaving me no other alternative, I shall fight back regardless of gender/skin colour/religion/favourite console.

BarrelsOfDouche

Apr 5, 2008
Chivalry was a code of conduct meant to protect lords and ladies to preserve ones clout and valor...but it was never about NOT defending yourself from a violent assault.

Bottom line is that in any given circumstance I'd defend myself against any PERSON assaulting me. If it's a real threat.

If it's not a real threat, I wouldn't hit the person regardless of gender.

And who is Ronda Rousey? Shouldn't have voted.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Something Amyss said:
If media has taught me one thing, it['s that women are powerless of you grab them by the wrist. No need to hit a woman, guys.
So what happens if I punch them in the wrist?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Someone is coming at me, they better know I am not going to just stand by. So yeah, no matter who/what, I am using that ThousandSunPunch you promise me :D

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Fieldy409 said:
Something Amyss said:
If media has taught me one thing, it['s that women are powerless of you grab them by the wrist. No need to hit a woman, guys.
They let out a little cry of pain, clutch the wrist, and crumple to their knees, incapable of fighting further. Probably followed up by a comment about your manhood/sexual prowess, and some "My *insert man figure for the movie/book* will make you pay!" Before being dragged off by her hair to some cell to spend the rest of the story as decoration.

Though that does remind me of this little movie I wanted to do, to play with the Distressed Damsel trope a bit for fun. Basically, redo that movie..I think it's called Rage? 2 guys who are in a 3some with this girl, and are both drug dealers, come into conflict with...I think it was Salma Hayek, the crime baroness in that area. Salma kidnaps their girl, and they come in to do a Roaring Rampage of Revenge to rescue her. I basically wanted to do that movie, but have a subplot being of two mooks, who are in charge of the girl. She keeps breaking out of their restraints, beating them up, but getting caught again. The mooks get progressively more battered as the movie goes on, and the Evil Woman is just too busy to really pay them any attention. Each time they go back into the room, we see the girl is missing, but we never see how she gets out of the restraints. And each time they get more elaborate with the restraints. By the end of the movie, one of them is sporting a broken arm, the other's got a black eye and a busted nose. Then, at the end, they're the only 2 criminals left, and have been so broken and battered by the "damsel" that they just say "fuck it! I'm out!", and proceed to leave out a side door. The heroes then "rescue" her, and we see her, totally cocooned in duct tape to a chair, with just her nose, and eyes visible. She's got a extreeeemely pissed off expression, and the two heroes comment about the horrible treatment of her. "What monsters!" They declare, as they cut her out. Then, they get into the car to leave, and one of the guys turns to her and asks her about how she ended up in that much restraint. And before she explains what she did, filling in the audience to all of her ways of escape that happened off camera, the credits roll. xD

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
Dr. McD said:
Punch? I would kill her with a knife if I had to. Seriously.

I don't care for the concept of chivalry, meant to protect lords and ladies who had the good luck to be born into a comfortable life style. I'd fight and kill peasants to defend myself, I'd fight and kill kings to defend myself, but I won't be so utterly stupid as to let someone wound or kill me.

Not for honour, not for some newspaper, not for any church or good publicity or anything else.
This.

Feminism or Chivalry. Pick one. And if somebody attacks me and after getting creamed uses the defense of "well you're a man and are stronger!" it only highlights their own idiocy.

As for Ronda Rousey? Judging from her record I'd lose in that fight, but if running wasn't an option fighting's better than being totally at somebody else's mercy...

Fieldy409 said:
Something Amyss said:

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Personally, I'd definitely never hit a woman, generally speaking, even in self-defence.

If it were Ronda Rousey, well, she'd kick my ass anyway, so, it probably still wouldn't be worth it. I'd just do my best Roadrunner Impression and GTFO, as it where.

I'm not much for fighting, though. I prefer watching other people fight on PPV.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Fieldy409 said:
Something Amyss said:
You never, ever punch a woman in the wrist!

...well, unless she's Ronda Rousey and she's threatening to hurt you.