Poll: Would you hit a woman in self defence(If it were Ronda Rousey)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Caramel Frappe said:
It's either kill or be killed protect yourself or allow silly morals like "never hit a lady" to be the reason your life (or your dick) was destroyed.
I'm pretty sure if Ronda Rousey was coming after you, you wouldn't stand much of a chance anyway.

At this point, for like 90% of men, the point becomes moot.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Something Amyss said:
I'm pretty sure if Ronda Rousey was coming after you, you wouldn't stand much of a chance anyway.

^ this.

I imagine you'd simply end up coming off worse by attempting to defend yourself then if you'd simply sumbitted to her.
That being said she'd probably TKO the vast majority of men she ever had a fight with anyway before they even knew the fight had started...

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FileTrekker said:
^ this.

I imagine you'd simply end up coming off worse by attempting to defend yourself then if you'd simply sumbitted to her.
That being said she'd probably TKO the vast majority of men she ever had a fight with anyway before they even knew the fight had started...
I'm reminded of the words of the Waco Kid:

However, this being the internet, I'm sure there's a good number of people who think they could take Bruce Lee in a fair fight....

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
Something Amyss said:
Caramel Frappe said:
It's either kill or be killed protect yourself or allow silly morals like "never hit a lady" to be the reason your life (or your dick) was destroyed.

Not if you have a gun. Or any other weapon you can use for self defense.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
Something Amyss said:
Gatlank said:
So are you, like, punching her with the gun, or does the gun fire fists?
Well since you stated that there wasn't much of a chance (irl i assume) against Ronda i only pointed out that you dont need to just use your fists to defeat her.
And just in case you are refering to the op's hipotetical situation, i don't think she would survive the "one punch".

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Gatlank said:
Something Amyss said:
Gatlank said:
Well since you stated that there wasn't much of a chance (irl i assume) against Ronda i only pointed out that you dont need to just use your fists to defeat her.
And just in case you are refering to the op's hipotetical situation, i don't think she would survive the "one punch".
I think bringing a weapon into it makes it an entirely different conversation, to be honest. Is it fair to defend yourself from a fist with a gun, or even a baseball bat or whatever else. I'm sure there's a politically charged gun control debate hiding in there that probably isn't worth derailing the topic for...

...It's fair to say in a straight-up fist fight, it probably isn't worth trying your luck against her though lol.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
Probably not. I have weak, spindly arms and no fighting experience, so I would certainly lose that fight anyway. Although, I'm a little baffled that there are actually people who cling to the bullshit idea that a person's gender should play a role in whether or not you defend yourself.

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
FileTrekker said:
Gatlank said:
Something Amyss said:
Gatlank said:
I think bringing a weapon into it makes it an entirely different conversation, to be honest. Is it fair to defend yourself from a fist with a gun, or even a baseball bat or whatever else. I'm sure there's a politically charged gun control debate hiding in there that probably isn't worth derailing the topic for...

...It's fair to say in a straight-up fist fight, it probably isn't worth trying your luck against her though lol.
Personally, I think it's fair to use whatever means necessary. The idea that you need to play fair in a fight you have no desire to participate in is a rather strange way of looking at things.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
FirstNameLastName said:
FileTrekker said:
Gatlank said:
Something Amyss said:
Gatlank said:

Personally, I think it's fair to use whatever means necessary. The idea that you need to play fair in a fight you have no desire to participate in is a rather strange way of looking at things.
Well, yes, but I guess the topic is hit a woman vs. mame or even kill one. Depends how you define self-defence. Given any option for escape or neutralising the attacker failed, and you happened to hold one such weapon, then sure, it makes perfect sense to use it.

I just felt it was outside of the scope of the OP, I guess.

Yuri Gregorian

May 26, 2015
I just move out of the way.......pretty much the same as when i guy has tried to hit me. Though I guess if I ran out of options and really had no choise Id knock them down.....just like I would a guy. Though I might try a big old bear hug and let them get all tired as they try and fight the love......just like I did when I drunk guy tried to fight me last year.....

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Fieldy409 said:
Even if she is a trained martial artist hitting her would be dishonorable right? So do you accept your beating and learn to pee with an L shape cock? Is there another way? Do you let this fleeting moment of mystic and spiritual power pass unused?
Hmm...I wouldn't hit Ronnie back; not because of chivalry, but because I'm insanely attracted to her.

SO! Instead of that, I would use the OVERFLOWING POWER in my fist to compress a diamond ring out of thin air...and ask her to marry me. Ronnie and Ronnie getting married, fancy that.

How's THAT for an answer?

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Ronda Rousey is only 135 pounds so the reality is that there are a lot of people who would fair just fine based on size and strength. All it takes are rudimentary abilities, a lot of adrenaline and a big size advantage to start to close the gap against even an elite athlete.

That said, I am small and weak so I'd probably just throw things as I ran away crying.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
FileTrekker said:
Gatlank said:
Something Amyss said:
Gatlank said:

Well the scenario presented isn't a "straight up fist fight" anyway. The OP made a very specific scenario, weighted against the non-Rousey, and then asked what they'd do, and colored the question in a gender debate. That colors the answer considerably. The OP basically took away every other possible action a person might be able to take, and then gave us a binary choice of extremes. The entre premise is fairly irrational, but if a poster wants to counter with "I'm changing the rules too" , so be it. I mean, weapons are pretty much for the "no other option" scenario. Or at least that's how they are marketed.

Don't forget, we like to describe Rousey as some unstoppable machine, but at least professionally, they are very specific on who she fights. She's fought other women, of her same age, weight category. That's it. I know of no fight of hers (officially anyway), where they put her against people outside her weight bracket. So to automatically assume she can just defeat anyone that comes at her, is fairly unfounded.

Now if she had made a habit of fighting people of either gender, in weight categories higher than her, and consistently beat them, then I'd say the statement about her invincibility would be more warranted. But just because she's defeated other women in her bracket, doesn't mean she's unstoppable. We know for a fact now that she can indeed be stopped. Fairly quickly.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Um, if Ronda fucking Rousey is coming at me with intent to do me harm I'm not gonna futilely try to defend myself. I'm screaming like a little girl and running as fast as I can in the opposite direction. Failing that, I'm going into the fetal position, because I am under no misconceptions about my chances against an MMA champion gender be damned.