Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

REAPER5594

Nov 3, 2009
well, this depends if I could get the full upgrade for this alternative. I would make sure that the guy gets into damn art school. barring that, hell, free powers. I could make sure the depression doesn't happen or is less severe. or focus on world domination. and I'm leaning towards option 2. History needs a villain SOMEWHERE, right?
Also, if one could lvl up using souls, Hitler would've won.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
pigmypython said:
The war would have probably happened in some way anyway, besides war promotes progress. More innovations happen during war years than any other...
Nazi Germany propelled us technologically. The US airplane that broke the sound barrier was nearly a carbon copy of a prototype plane the Nazi's were working on.

The only real change was they swapped the Nazi symbols on it for American ones.

Then you have all the other engineering marvels that transpired.

Atomic Energy, even with the worry of Atomic Weaponry, is quite possibly one of the most amazing things in existence that man has made. The traveling wave reactors, if they ever get political backing, could provide the US with upwards of 3 thousand years of energy just off the materials we already have and during that time they could even be used to eat up stockpiles of nuclear waste leaving us with energy and less crap to worry about.

Plus you figure in three thousand years we'll think of something better...I'd hope at least.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
Dfskelleton said:
I don't know, at the time, he was a mainly innocent young boy, but I'm not sure when he snapped.
Short an simple, there were a lot of factors that concerned Germany as a whole, in the economic and military realms, as well as the blow to German pride overall. Keep in mind that anti-Semitism was already there (and in France, and in Poland, and in America, and England, and in Hungary...), so anybody with organizational and oratory skills at least as good as Hitler's could have theoretically gotten the job done, and more effectively at that.

No, what I think really did it was his history teacher in high school (or whatever the Austrian equivalent is), a fervent German nationalist from the Baltics (hence, a chip on his shoulder about Communism and Russians in general). He drilled his ideas into Hitler's head when he was most vulnerable to new ideas, coupled with teen angst (his abusive father died, and he desperately wanted nothing more than to be an artist). That is a formula for extreme thoughts.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
No.

I would, However, use the extent of my powers to turn the world into a comedically awesome steampunk superworld.

ALl of the events stay the same, just more AWESOME.

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
No:

If I killed Hitler: my grandfather (Marcel Weyland) may never of attempted to escape from Polland, to Russia, then Shang Hai (Then Japan came to him). And he would of never attempted to go to Canada but end up in Australia because he went into the wrong boat.

In a nut shell: It would cause a paradox preventing my own birth.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
But aren't there rules in place against that? [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlekz83hawz]

Seriously though, as great as it would be for the holocaust to not have happened, the risks of altering history are too great.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
I would nurture baby Hitler into something other than a genocidal dictator. I would always prefer to change the past for the better, but violence (especially against infants) is frowned upon in all circles. Maybe get him a nice hobby like gardening or ship-in-a-bottleing.

JunebugJuJuBee

Sep 6, 2010
I know what he did was horrible (although I love how we all seem to forget that other dictators have killed more people in even more horrible ways. As Eddie Izzard put it, his mistake was not killing his own people >_O) killing him or even changing him would alter history in a way that is unknowable and, god forbid, would just lead to a different holocaust happening to someone else. Our space program wouldn't exist as we know it. Our medicine wouldn't be as advanced. Our allies would be shaped in an entirely different way. Our military, science, weaponry, everyday appliances, even women's rights to some degree--hell, everything we know today would not be the same. I dare say it would actually be far behind.

Also, I'd be living in Germany. My family fled from Hitler.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
No, I'd kidnap him and drop him off in some orphanage in a another country, so he'll never really be able to rise to power.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
No, because WWII was unavoidable, and Hitler wasn't needed to make it happen. He just brought the hatred out, and managed to take power with his words. If someone less incompetent in military strategy had taken over, and given the war effort to Germany's generals, then we may very well have lost the war. Hitler being in command helped us win, because he had no idea how to run a military campaign.

Also, although some won't admit it, the Holocaust actually accelerated medical science, because the experiments they performed couldn't be done without severe legal backlash. While the things they did were absolutely horrible, they still managed to make some incredible breakthroughs.

Not only that, but life is life. If you were to go back in time and kill Hitler before he could start his Reich, then not much would change. Sure, less people would die, but at the same time the war would have gone on without him, and if someone else was at the wheel, then we would have a good chance of losing.

Hristo Petrov

Nov 11, 2009
No Id go back in time and give him all the historical data he needs to win the war so in the future there will be no more "If you could go back in time would you kill Hitler" threads on the internet

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Hmmmm, 6 Million innocent Jews (babies among them I'm sure) as well as plenty of other people, or one little baby boy. KILL HIM!

Mar 26, 2008
People aren't inherently born evil. It was a combination of a lot of factors that caused him to become the way he was.

As a baby he is pretty much a tabula rasa, so I'd pour my effort into making sure he was raised right.

AdamRBi

Feb 7, 2010
Nope;

I'd take the kinder approach and get him in to art school. Afterwards I go forward in time and see how things have changed; if it's not for the better I go back and stop myself from inspiring little Hitler.

That is assuming I'm safe from time-stream shifts.

Valiant The Gamer

May 9, 2010
If you change the past, it already happened because it is the past so you can't change it because if you would it already happened causing some anti-nature chaos by you maybe just ceasing to exist you delete atoms and that is not possible, also placing atoms in different time will cause a paradox because those atoms already exist in that time.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I would just kidnap him and dump him into another time period at a young age. I would also try to find very, very nice (and loving) parents. Maybe he would grow into a source of good?

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
No. What if my existence is linked to WW2. Like if something then happened and it led to me being born, or one of my friends. Im sorry, that may sound selfish. But in general, i dont want to risk messing with time. Like, what if i go back in time and kill Hitler, only to learn that because WW 2 happened, it led directly (way down the road) to the invention of the time machine. Then that would mess with time. Because i went back in a time machine, then caused them to never exist, and this would mess with me and time in general

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
nope

here's why
because of paradoxes
killing hitler no reason for me to go back and kill him
or if i do kill him its the wrong baby and it still happens