Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

sabbat

Apr 29, 2010
A friend of mine asked me this recently and, after much thought I came to the conclusion that I wouln't and here's why:

Excluing the fact that in this scenario I am being asked to kill an infant, as terrible as the attrocities committed by Hitler were, a vital lesson was taught to humanity by his rule. This was a lesson of the nature of concequence to poitical choices and the very tactics evil will employ to gain power. Hitler promised a lot to his people, and he did deliver, but it was what he did to those who he deemed "unclean" that showed the measure of the man he was. However, while he was in power, the german nation saw him as a force for good, he repaired a broken nation and that was all they asked. Back then, when looking for a leader, people concentrated more on what he COULD do for THEM than what he WOULD do to OTHERS. Because of his ragime, we now concentrate on the beliefs, morals and ideals of our political candidates. If it wern't for the holocaust, we my have elected a Hitler in our own countries and thought nothing of it. Terrible things happend. Millions of innocent people died. But a lesson was learned. If we were to go back in time and kill Hitler, this lesson wouldn't have existed and millions still might have been dying as we speak. The world is a brighter place because we came to recognise evil. Without Hitler, This evil might have found it's way to power in a much more influential country. Just think of Hitler as the presedent of the United States. It is a terrifying thaught and because we fear such a thing, we fight it.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
sirkai007 said:
I would go back and kill Uwe Boll before he decided that he needed to turn video games into atrocious movies. Either way a bad German man dies.
Hitler wasn't German. I think he was from Austria

gunningyoudown

Jul 1, 2009
no why? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/1974-Enriching-Lives
you could easily make him believe that every one has rights to who they are and that people are to be treated nice

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
No, simply because it would fuck with history, things happened and IF I were to magically end up in Germany in 1890, I would simply do nothing simply to keep history as it is.

Souldemon8

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2009
I would steal baby Hitler and run off with him and take him under my wing as my ward. Now with my convenient biography of little Adolf I would make sure he does everything that leads him to power. Though instead of killing of millions I would teach Hitler to convert them to our cause. Fuck the Nazi's we would be known as the Immortals to strike fear into our enemies. With our now limitless army we would advance overseas and launch a full assault against the United States. Then I live with the world under my thumb.

...plus who could kill this?

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
The holocaust is a fixed point in time (well, really a series of fixed points). I would say the laws of time would not let a murder of infant Hitler end well.

EDIT: and I say this not merely as a Doctor Who fan

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Use powers but not kill hitler, haven't you seen that Twilight Zone episode.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
If you kill Hitler, either Germany starts WWII anyways or they don't. If they do, the Nazi party would fare much better since they don't have to deal with all of Hitler's dumbass decisions. If they don't, inevitable war with the Soviets and their allies breaks out a decade or two later. The Allied forces would probably lose that one unless the war goes nuclear and we all die. The best case scenario is that I get to live out Mad Max, but without the movie as a point of reference I won't know how kickass the wasteland is. All the other options lead to either a more devastating WWII or a totalitarian regime taking over the entire planet. That would lead to either a terrible world or nuclear revolt and then...Mad Max!

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Dexiro said:
Take the upgrade and leave, I'm not going to kill an innocent baby.
You might want to reconsider the use of the word "Innocent."

But I don't even know why we are discussing this we all know what happens if you kill Hitler before WWII.

This is what happens.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I'd take my upgrade and leave. I could't kill a baby, and certainly not Baby Hitler. Apart from the fact that WWII probably jumped the US ahead 50 or 60 years in terms of technology, there's no telling what kind of repercussions a world without Hitler would have to endure.

Maybe it'd be awesome. Maybe we'd be living in a world where the Japanese won WWII and took over the planet. It's too big a risk to take. I'd much rather just collect my Time Machine upgrade and jump around time collecting extremely valuable objects that wouldn't be missed in their own time (a sack of gold nuggets from 1800's California, a few copies of Action Comics #1, that sort of thing).

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure changing such a drastic event would mean some of us wouldn't be born,due to people changing locations and whatnot and other things. It sure would suck killing baby Hitler then ceasing to exist because your great great grandfather joined the army and went somewhere else rather then his home or whatever.