Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
definately not. no matter how bad he was it could have been worse if he died. had the holocaust not happened, we never would have learned that lesson from history and if we hadnt learned that lesson from history, worse atrocities could have and likely would have happened mainly because in the future (relative to 1940-1945) we can kill alot more people alot faster and torture them worse before doing so.

if i could change something from the past, i wouldve prevented the manhattan project. (and every other nuclear weapons project since then untill we get into space colonization on a Halo Level) unless im missing some detail in which it wasnt just about nuclear WEAPONS or some other country had a a similar idea.
we had another idea in place to wipe out japan's cities. a bat bomb. it was a bomb that unleashed bats with napalm into the cities where they would hide in ALL of the buildings before a timer (or maybe a remote i cant remember too well) would set them all off, burning down the cities. and if you think it wouldnt be effective think of this, a dozen got loose in a controlled test and burned down an airforce base, made of much less paper and wood than japanese buildings (at least at the time, again my history knowledge is far from perfect).
though it might have cost more cities to convince the japanese to quit its better than the nuclear holocaust eventuality.(again assuming it would exist. i would use my time travel powers to check these facts first before doing anything because as we all know fucking with history is a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD idea)

JackRyan64

May 22, 2010
As terrible as this sounds, no. Everything changed after WWII. If it never happened, who knows what our world might be like now. I like things the way they are. Not saying Hitler was good, just that I'm not keen on the idea of changing the past so dramatically.

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Don't eff with the time=space continuum. Also, if you were going to, you already would have.

Ashsaver

Your friendly Yandere
Jun 10, 2010
Instead of killing him outright why don't we bribe "Vienna Academy of Fine Arts" to accept Hitler in instead of rejecting him out?

We all knew that before he was a Fuhrer he always wanted to be an artist,just take a look at one of Hitler's painting

[http://img838.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29982.jpg]
It's not half bad right?​

Instead,the place rejected him,then his mother died,and he had to move into a slum where he developed hatred for minorities who lives there,then....you know.

Aug 1, 2010
I would try. I probably wouldn't be able to force myself to do it, but I would try. Failing that, I would give him to a homeless person along with a stove and a spoon.

Kenko

Jul 25, 2010
I would'nt change anything. Accept history for what it is, the smallest change might have you never being born.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
As horrible as the holocaust was, I wouldn't dare change the future. THere are too many thing that can happen if I did, good or bad. It's not worth it.

Agayek said:
Short Answer: No, and you're a terrible person for considering it.

Long Answer: I refuse to kill someone for something they might do. I will not kill someone simply because of the potential risk they present. It's a simple matter of free will. Up until they actually do it, they always have the possibility of choosing not to, and I cannot in good conscience take that choice away from them.

That said, I would have absolutely no qualms about going to Germany in 1938 or so and killing him.
In this instance, we are talking about Hitler, who if we didn't kill as a baby would DEFINATELY do what he did.

esin

Feb 17, 2010
Kenko said:
I would'nt change anything. Accept history for what it is, the smallest change might have you never being born.
If it was a given that you were able to change the past, you wouldn't be able to do anything that would prevent you from being born. Otherwise you wouldn't exist to change the past in the first place.

righthead

Sep 3, 2009
Whether he was a kid or not is irrelevant to me, however I would not kill him because I am a pacifist. I would explore other options, except for one thing. The butterfly effect. If I tried something else, who's to say that something worse wouldn't happen later? Who's to say that america wouldn't be a colony of the USSR by this point?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
soulfire130 said:
In this instance, we are talking about Hitler, who if we didn't kill as a baby would DEFINATELY do what he did.
You can't know that. Maybe my mere existence in the past causes something that either prevents him from carrying out his plan, or changes his mind entirely. I could just happen to block his view of some traumatic experience that made him into who he was, or one (or more) of a host of other possibilities.

You cannot declare a person guilty because they have the capacity to do evil and hold it up as a just act. You may as well declare war on all of existence, because it's all equally capable of committing acts we would call evil.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
esin said:
If it was a given that you were able to change the past, you wouldn't be able to do anything that would prevent you from being born. Otherwise you wouldn't exist to change the past in the first place.
By that logic, you wouldn't be able to change the past at all. If you go back in time to alter event Y, if you successfully alter it, you would have no reason to go back in time in the first place. But then it would have happened again, so you'd go back in time to stop it. And this would repeat ad nauseam. Thus, it would be impossible to alter it.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
No instead I'd kill his parents, take him away, and raise him to be even more evil.

I bet you regret giving me time traveling powers now :p

clairedelune

Oct 9, 2006
Not to be that girl, but overpopulation is already an issue....
just saying. Wars, famines, natural disasters, epidemics... they all help in that sense. We don't really have a predator to keep our population in check save for ourselves, disturbing as that ends up being.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
No. As soon as I arrived in 1890, just by the act of being there, I would change the course of history, so it would no longer be certain that Hitler would rise to power. Hence why I couldn't sanction killing him as a baby. Any one of us could have grown up to be a Hitler if things had been different in our development.

Also, temporal prime directive.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
Agayek said:
soulfire130 said:
You can't know that. Maybe my mere existence in the past causes something that either prevents him from carrying out his plan, or changes his mind entirely. I could just happen to block his view of some traumatic experience that made him into who he was, or one (or more) of a host of other possibilities.

You cannot declare a person guilty because they have the capacity to do evil and hold it up as a just act. You may as well declare war on all of existence, because it's all equally capable of committing acts we would call evil.
We are talking about going into the past were what has already happened has not happened, yet.
The past will not change unless some X factor changes it, be it kiling baby Hitler or to tell his parents to make sure that he does try to be a painter.

How can you block his views when he was a baby? A baby has no view. When he gets older he wont remember a single thing you would have done. Not unless you stayed with him when he gats older and teach him not to be what he becomes.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I don't know, at the time, he was a mainly innocent young boy, but I'm not sure when he snapped. If it was adult Hitler, probably, as long as there's no weird crap that happens. However, I kinda liked this one time travel theory that you can't change the past, just the people in it. If I killed Hitler, another man would rise to power, take over Germany, Start WWII, cause the Holocaust, be one of the most infamous people ever, and be the 3rd boss in Wolfenstein 3D.