Poll: Would you press the button

devilofthemist

Feb 13, 2012
i would press the button, but not for the reason you think, if there is a big button in front of me, i will push it,

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
White Lightning said:
I'd probably press it because I press just about every button I see. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten in trouble because I like pressing buttons. Especially unlabelled ones, I mean... it has no label! How am I supposed to know what it does if I don't press it!
Riding in the elevator with you must be fun.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
That depends on how conspicuous it was, and how the sign saying "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON" looked.

"Now why would you go and do something like that!?"

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Colour-Scientist said:
I wouldn't need the button to get the attention.
I get all of the boys.

OT: if I got to choose the people erased, then hell yes I would. I could single-handedly (ha, turns out that isn't a word) create a world in which every convicted rapist, child abuser and murderer never existed. That's a lot of victims who'd get their lives back in an instant and never even know what they had been through.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
I already have the person I want. Not sure how long it will last - but there is no reason to think it will end.
I still wouldn't press it if I lost her, because people should choose you for who you are, not because you're the best choice- but because you're the choice they want to make.

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
Which 30%? That situation could have two outcomes, either it gets rid of the 30% that are less lovable than me, in which case I'd be even further down the ladder than I already am, or it gets rid of 30% of those who are better than me, in which case I'd be stuck in a world full of pricks.

If it's a choice between being king of a country of idiots or a pauper in a God's realm, then I'd rather not have either, I'd prefer to stay average.

Also, 'because there's no-one better' is not a good reason to love someone, I'd rather do it honestly.

Really could use a girlfriend though.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
NightHawk21 said:
Where is the poll option that says: Don't press the button, but tell everyone you have the button and then hold the country ransom until they meet your demands?
Well, we know what NightHawk21 is planning, lol.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
nahh but I would happily press the button to spawn 100% more of the opposite gender who are all Swedish models. That button would be very much pressed :p

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Fluffles said:
I already have the person I want. Not sure how long it will last - but there is no reason to think it will end.
I still wouldn't press it if I lost her, because people should choose you for who you are, not because you're the best choice- but because you're the choice they want to make.
That makes no sense. If 30% less people existed, it would be 100% of selection choice, just as it is now. If we use your exact argument, your current partner chose you because there could have been 130% of the current male population, but, seeing as how there isn't, you were the best choice.

In math terms: SM = 1:10,000 or SM = 1:100,000
Where SM is soul mate.

If there's 3.5 billion males (ignoring ages for the sake of simplicity) she chose you not because you were "the choice they want to make," but because they couldn't chose from 5 billion.

If there are ten lollies in a bag, the one you choose isn't the best in the world, it's simply the best of the ten in the bag. If the bag had fifty lollies in it, the same could be said.

Get me?

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
I'd say a good 80% of guys in America have a harder time getting laid than I do (Not trying to brag but I'm a 22 year old in good shape who isn't socially inept), so I think pushing that button would be a pretty dumb decision.

Sep 13, 2009
If the button's pressed 30% of your gender will disappear. Just under 30% of the people in the poll voted yes. Coincidence? I think not! I would press the button just to get rid of the 30% of the population who would push the button.

Oh wait...

floopdawoop

Jun 26, 2010
I'd press it, but only because we're gettin over populated, think of all the extra space!
I don't really need the extra attention, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as murder, because you're erasing them from ever existing (Can't kill someone who was never there).

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
If your the kind of person that would push the button chances are that even if 30% of your gender was to suddenly disappear it wouldn't help your chances of getting laid.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
Hmm, it would be tough. I possess a morbid curiosity and a desire to scale population growth down a bit, but I don't think my girlfriend would appreciate me committing mass murder by numbers.

Simply put, nononoNONOnono.

Dr. cox has my back.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
I'd probably press the button before they told me what it done just because I love buttons. Otherwise, I'd consider it. I don't really know.