Poll: Would you press the button

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Sure why not. And if i never existed i wouldn't care either way. Or perhaps never existed to have pressed the button in the first place.

Wannazzaki's head explodes due to paradox.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Misanthropic people make me misanthropic.
Well actually they don't because I'm a functional human being.

Why do all misanthropic people tend to be privileged, white, middle class guys?

I wouldn't press the button. I get enough lovin' as it is and being a genocidal **** isn't exactly what I aspire to be.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
Humanity sucks and teenagers suck.

However, you'd have to be the most egotistical dick to actually push that button and deny millions the chance at life, just because you have that outlook.

Think about all the partners, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, teachers, drivers, doctors etc. who just vanished!

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
Patrick Buck said:
No. Of course not. It would be interesting, but no. Mass murder. Shouldn't do it, wouldn't do it.
Its not murder if they never existed.

Songblade

Jan 28, 2011
Better to be the one pushing the button as to be one of the 30% that could potentially erase YOU.

Merely a survival outlook - the gender ratio is kind of moot as I've already met my lady

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Nope, I would not press the button.
I don't get too much attention at the moment but that doesn't bother me, Won't kill 30% of about 2.5 million people (almost 850 000 guys, vanishing). Nope...

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I have a couple of questions. A. Will I know what the button will do if I press it? And B) It'll be like the people who disappear never existed, right? So nobody would have any memories of them?

Of course, if I knew what it was going to do, there's no way I would press the button. I do okay when it comes to male attention (I'm a girl who games, likes sports and who works in a male-dominated industry; I've already got an advantage).

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
As someone who said yes and that I would hit the button 3 times to remove 90% of men I wouldn't call it evil, I'd call it really desperate. I'm 22 and I've never been on a date. Like half of the people I graduated high school with have kids or are married. The loneliness crushes me so I voted yes.
Forever alone meme? Seriously, man, it's no big deal. 22 isn't that old, and I've only been on a few dates and had 2 sexual encounters, all with women I didn't like. If I could, I'd likely want to take them back. Finding an interesting woman can be hard, just be patient. Also, with 90% of men getting wiped out, you'd have a 1 in 10 chance of NOT being eliminated yourself.

Also, is that a screencap of Crysis in your avatar?

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Every time someone asks a question like this I just read through the OP to make sure that the button doesn't directly ruin things for me...and then I press it. What? I like buttons.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
I would not press the button as I am married and have the only attention I require. I would however not press the button even if I were not married as I have never had an issue getting the attention I require.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
CODE-D said:
Patrick Buck said:
No. Of course not. It would be interesting, but no. Mass murder. Shouldn't do it, wouldn't do it.
Its not murder if they never existed.
But no... I would know they have existed, and I know I caused them to go. I wouldn't know them, I wouldn't have seen them die, but I would have caused it. In other people's opinion maybe, it wouldn't be murder, but to me, I might as well have killed them myself. I think of myself as a bit of a dick, but not That much, just to get laid...

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
I can't believe we've gone the entire thread about debating this, and no one has bothered to give the Button we can all press:

C'mon, just one little click won't hurt

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
oh, damn. didn't read the post before choosing. I saw press the button and of course i did. if there is a button to be pressed then I will. unless I know that if I press it something terrible will happen.