Poll: Would you rather...

Resistance205

Jun 3, 2008
I dont know how i could live forever, it would just be to boring to me. But on the other hand, it would be better then being tortured for a 1000 years.......i really dont know what i would choose

zirnitra

Jun 2, 2008
Live forever. once the rest of mankind's gone I can only assume after awhile I'll completely loose my mind and be fine.

foolishnun

Oct 18, 2008
Sennz0r said:
needausername said:
foolishnun said:
rayman 101 said:
Bu can't you nuke the world, so that you can kill yourself?
Again, no. There is no way you can die.
Can you feel pain? And what happens if you just stop eating drinking?
I'm guessing you'd feel hungry/thirsty, but still wouldn't die.
Same goes for pain I guess. You'll feel it, but it has no physical repercussions whatsoever.
Yep, that sounds about right.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
Hey you could also mix it up a little! be unemployed, then if you're hungry steal some food or something. Maybe get arrested, go to jail. Be a thief, fighter, mage -wait..

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
I'd choose to live forever.
Also I'm pretty sure that if the sun exploded and you were floating through space, you'd go into a state of coma.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Xvito said:
Also I'm pretty sure that if the sun exploded and you were floating through space, you'd go into a state of coma.
not to mention being turned into a Popsicle due to the freezing temperatures of deep space.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I'd choose live forever since you would have to die or otherwise be completely obliterated at some point.

If it doesn't occur naturally then you could always wait until the expansion of the Universe ceases and it begins to collapse inwards upon itself (if the Universe itself is destroyed then it is safe to assume that you would be too).

1000 years of torture on the other hand isn't a bad option either. After so long you would ajust to the torture so it would no longer be torture, just normality. In which case it wouldn't be the pain that would be the worst part, it would be dealing with the boredom of 1000 years of being chainned to a wall and flogged (at least immortality lets you stretch your legs).

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
I guess living forever would have its major advantages. You'd see everything etc. But forever is forever... But torture hurts.

Live forever.

Arntor

Feb 5, 2008
Eternity, baby!

Besides, if I ever get bored I'll just take a very, very long nap.

However, I demand a healing factor.

Molikroth

Nov 1, 2008
@ Arntor - the OP did say no injury and eternal youth.

The reason I wouldn't be worried about living forever (as in, I'm not worried about when all life but me is gone) is because sooner or later the universe would hit absolute zero, which might not destroy my body or mind but would certainly render both inoperable - for all intents and purposes I'd be dead.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
darkstone said:
Xvito said:
not to mention being turned into a Popsicle due to the freezing temperatures of deep space.
And your whole body expanding because of the vacuum.

foolishnun

Oct 18, 2008
Molikroth said:
I'd choose immortality, and subjugate this world. I'd have my minions study interstellar travel in preparation for the destruction of this solar system; hopefully by the time that happens I'll have arranged alternate accomodation and time-wasting amusements elsewhere.
I like this idea. I said torture but I this is making me think again... It's be like that Futurama episode where Bender amuses himself while flying through space by acting as god to a colony of aliens living on his chest.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
foolishnun said:
Molikroth said:
I'd choose immortality, and subjugate this world. I'd have my minions study interstellar travel in preparation for the destruction of this solar system; hopefully by the time that happens I'll have arranged alternate accomodation and time-wasting amusements elsewhere.
I like this idea. I said torture but I this is making me think again... It's be like that Futurama episode where Bender amuses himself while flying through space by acting as god to a colony of aliens living on his chest.
I don't think that's the way this immortality thing rolls. You won't actually become all-powerful and get the ability to play god. You'll just be like you are right now (or how you were/will be at 25), only incapable of dying.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
I'm going for be tortured for a thousand years. The single reason I couldn't do the live forever thing is because I see all my loved ones die and then I love again and they die...I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Molikroth

Nov 1, 2008
Senn - I know that. However, being unable to die is a distinct advantage if the goal is worl domination. For example, revealing my immortality to a select few (skinheads, the easily impressed, etc) and having them carry out my orders would mean an instant army of minions.

foolishnun

Oct 18, 2008
Sennz0r said:
foolishnun said:
Molikroth said:
I don't think that's the way this immortality thing rolls. You won't actually become all-powerful and get the ability to play god. You'll just be like you are right now (or how you were/will be at 25), only incapable of dying.
But surely being invincible would help in the way of taking over the world, accumulating wealth, etc. Then again you'd probably have to keep it a secret, change your identity every few decades, etc. But I bet you'd get good at seeing the way history and society works and be able to take advantage of that

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
notyouraveragejoe said:
I'm going for be tortured for a thousand years. The single reason I couldn't do the live forever thing is because I see all my loved ones die and then I love again and they die...I wouldn't be able to handle it.
You would still see them die, its 1000 years.

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
foolishnun said:
Sennz0r said:
foolishnun said:
Molikroth said:
But surely being invincible would help in the way of taking over the world, accumulating wealth, etc. Then again you'd probably have to keep it a secret, change your identity every few decades, etc. But I bet you'd get good at seeing the way history and society works and be able to take advantage of that
Sure you make a valid point. Though it would take a very long time and I'm sure you wouldn't be world leader before our governments screw our planet up by nuking each other (which is bound to happen, some of these people are as trigger-happy as a CS addict).