Poll: Would You Shoot Enemies Helping Their Wounded?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No! Of course not. I assume you mean in real life and not in a video game where we'd just be talking about 1's and 0's with a fancy coat of paint, but even then I'd hesitate. ...unless it's in Starcraft or something where the medics can insta-heal. KILL THE MEDICS!!

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
It depends on the type of enemy im facing.
Would this enemy give me the same respect?

pulse2

May 10, 2008
In real life, of course not, in a game, yes........except if karma is involved, then maybe no, depending on what I want my outcome to be.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
Rhymer said:
It costs more to have a wounded soldier in a hospital than to bury one. You inflict more damage by not killing soldiers, but rather wounding them.
This. Also, if you wound a soldier, you are effectively taking 2-3 guys out of action: 1 wounded guy, and 1-2 healthy guys to help the wounded guy off the field and/or take care of him.

Corporal Yakob

Nov 28, 2009
I'm not sure....you're not supposed to shoot at medics or enemy wounded but in the heat of battle.....

Also it depends on how much I hate the enemy-if they treated our medics and wounded with respect and fought "fairly" then no. If I've just heard rumours or even seen an atrocity being carried out such as our prisoners being shot then I would show no mercy.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Well you have to consider what they would do in your position and if they would eventually be able to kill your fellow soldiers if they get patched up. So, yeah, I guess.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i dont think i would shot a medic but depending on the war i would probably shot the soldier helping the wounded soldier.

medic tend to be the good guys no matter what side they are on. but the point of a war is to kill the enemies isnt it?

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
If my intention is to kill a soldier, I see no reason why I should not shoot him helping his friend.
After all, his friend is wounded because I failed to kill him, so maybe I'm supposed to finish the job that I already started.

Heinrich843

Apr 1, 2009
Protip:

If you're actively making this decision, you're probably doing something wrong in the first place.

While it's true there are no rules of war, there are orders. In combat, you eliminate threats first. Out of combat, you're not allowed to fire unless given permission.

So then, assuming we're all just winging it, and we're all partisans (not part of any professional military force or any recognized group)... we're probably all going to die if they catch us anyways.

The wounded soldier costs them more, but the dead soldier can't report.

Samechiel

Nov 4, 2009
Of course not. I wouldn't shoot anyone.

I mean... isn't this what we have expensive bombs and Predator Drones for? Civvies be damned, let's just sweep in and level everything. Leave no survivors to be wounded in the first place.

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
On Operation Flashpoint, we only shoot at medics in self-defence. We won't actively target them, and our enemy does the same. Medics do have weapons on our server but they're for self-defense only. We also won't knowingly shoot at anything with a Red Cross emblem on it, but we will shoot at non-incapacitated wounded soldiers who are capable of returning fire. That doesn't mean accidents don't happen, though... We do actively shoot at those helping the wounded, but are not medics.
EDIT: We do wipe out whole squads, though, given the chance. The medic will eventually get killed. At the end of the day, he's still got a gun and is an enemy combatant.

In real life, I feel the same rules apply. There are such things as War Crimes. Don't shoot at medics!

Captcha: completed Idonse

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
I'd shoot the pricks that put me in the war. LONG LIVE EMPATHY!

Jokes aside . . . I wouldn't shoot them. If they're attending the wounds to a soldier why would I have to? Just walk up to them, point the gun to their head, and then demand that they surrender. Seriously, when the hell would you ever need to shoot someone attending the wounds to another soldier? If they're not firing at you then obviously there isn't a need to fire back.