Poll: Would You Shut Down Facebook?

Continuity

May 20, 2010
Wahful said:
Why? Just to be a dick? haha.

No thanks.
If you honestly can't think of better reason than that then I despair... really.

bahumat42 said:
Nopraptor said:
Hell ya! I think that site has crippled modern society in a way never seen before on our planet, it has annihilated the social life of so many people.

for god's sake people have committed suicide because they were being bullied through it!
really?
in the younger generation (at least university students) its done the opposite. You can organise parties and events at the drop of a hat with minimum hassle, heaven knows its the only reason there are multiple pub crawls which would probably not happen otherwise.-
Yeah because no-one ever managed to organise a piss-up before the days of facebook.....

It may surprise you young man that only a scant few years ago there were no mobile phones and no internet, yet students managed to get drunk just fine.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
No.

I find this a tad ironic coming from a site primarily about gaming, where we spend forever listening to people's stupid fucking reasonings behind trying to ban games because they don't play or understand them.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Yes. I would do it. I am bitter and selfish, don't have a facebook account, and who says it is real? Plus the fun afterwards should it happen....

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
I'd click yes just to see if it worked, that and for all I know BOTH buttons do the same thing >.>

Or I'd click neither button and close the window, depends what mood I;m in at the time, right now I'd click yes though.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
No.

I've said this so many times on these forums already; let people enjoy whatever the fuck it is they enjoy as long as it's not severely hurting anyone else.

For the love of god people, keep this in mind.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
SoulSalmon said:
I'd click yes just to see if it worked, that and for all I know BOTH buttons do the same thing >.>
9_6 said:
What bullshit scenario is this and who in their right mind would ever give blatant spam popups so much thought?
I think an application of suspension of disbelief is required for this theoretical debate, we're to take it as granted that the popup can and will do exactly what it seems to be offering.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I would just click the close button unless there isn't one or it?s appearing again later. Either way I would click no since I wouldn't take it seriously. I don't use facebook that much anyway so it won't be a bad thing if I click no unlike those who use it all the time.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I would only kill facebook mobile, I'm sick of going out to the pub with mates and most of them are sat there updating facebook, usually with crap like "just had a pint, lololololol/woop woop", or using that stupid app that lets the whole planet know that they're sat in my livingroom.

Thats partly the reason why I wont be suckered into buying a smartphone, I like to be left alone when I go into town, not have the thing beeping away all day at every pathetic thing my mates can think of

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Continuity said:
SoulSalmon said:
9_6 said:
What bullshit scenario is this and who in their right mind would ever give blatant spam popups so much thought?
I think an application of suspension of disbelief is required for this theoretical debate, we're to take it as granted that the popup can and will do exactly what it seems to be offering.
Although it says as clear as day in the first post that it could easily be fake
TheDrunkNinja said:
*SNIP*
Is it a joke? Is it serious?
*SNIP*
Now, it comes down to it. What do you do? It might be telling the truth. You might actually have this power before you.
*SNIP*
Maybe you'll do it just to see if it will really happen. Because you believe it's all a joke or isn't real.
*SNIP*

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
There isn't a unit of time short enough to express how quickly I would do so.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
9_6 said:
Okay sure, in this universe full of rainbows of solid bullshit I would click "yes" because I can and then ride away on my robot unicorn to visit santa at the north pole and have some fried smurfs for dinner.
That better?
I said suspension of disbelief, I didn't say you had to straight-up believe it. Do you need me to explain to you how artificial scenarios can be used to create interesting debate about a serious topic?

SoulSalmon said:
Although it says as clear as day in the first post that it could easily be fake
Yes well I was disregarding that because obviously everyone with an IQ above 6 would realise straight away that it was fake and probably a scam.. rendering this whole thread entirely pointless, rather than sparking an interesting debate about facebook.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Facebook has destoryed the mind of almost everyone around me. I would be doing the world a favour by pushing the "Yes" button.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
yes a million times over!
used to be for friends to keep in touch now it's used to arrange swingers meetings

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
No, I think Facebook's great (for the most part).
It helps me keep in contact with friends and organize things.

Tinygiant

Feb 16, 2011
No, I wouldn't.

As much as I hate what Facebook has become, it is a valuable tool for staying in touch with people.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
No for a couple reasons

1. Why would I, even if I didn't use it?... Why get rid of something that isn't doing any harm to you and you can easily avoid it.

2. It keeps me in contact with family, friends and the local goings ons. Normally I wouldn't be as privy to that infomation. Also I can keep in contact with relatives and friends who live abroad where it would cost a sizeable amount to phone.

3. Its pretty damn useful, specially if your a student in college. The teachers can give you updates as to whether or not college will be shut and such. They can update on work progress and easily get a hold of you if they thing something in your work may be wrong and see if you can fix it. You can also easily get a hold of them if you kneed to know anything for your work.

4. It helps really stupid criminals get caught. Mostly because dumb shits don't realise that once its on the internet, the info can be recovered by the police. So say you threaten to kill me or seriously hurt me or anyone else, all it takes is a phone call to the police and you've got solid evidence there. Than and if your stupid enough to take pictures of your self unmasked robbing a house and post them on the victims facebook page...

How come I get this feeling that most that voted 'yes' did it out of the fact that facebook is conformist?