Poll: Would you take a pill that makes you bisexual?

Echopunk

Jul 6, 2011
Why would you want to be something that you are not?

As of the last time I looked into it, the determination between homo, hetero, and bisexuality has to do with maternal hormone levels during pregnancy. This is probably not a popular theory these days, as it presupposes a binary set of "normal" gender identifications, with homosexuality or bisexuality being the result of an abnormal amount of testosterone or estrogen in the mother's body. I like science though, so there you go.

A more interesting/controversial question would be, would you take a pill to cure your bisexuality/homosexuality? You'd probably get quite a few responses along the lines of "I was born this way, I'm happy/proud to be what I am, and I wouldn't want to change it."

Well guess what? I was born a heterosexual male. If a pill like the one suggested by the OP existed, I would have no desire to take it, on account of the fact I was born this way, and I'm happy to be who I am. Why would I want to change it?

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
Probably not considering I don't need to be bi for any reason. Not that I am opposed to the idea. I just don't care to be bi, I like the ladies I don't want to also like the lad's.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I say no because I love women and I have never been attracted to men or have ever thought about being involved with a man.

I would only ask why anyone would need a pill to be with who they want to be with?

There are plenty of people from one sexual orientation or another that have sexual partners with people that they're sexual orientation would dictate that they would not be attracted to or have relations with. I feel that regardless of your sexual orientation, if you want to pursue a relationship or sexual act with anyone of any sexual orientation, go for it.

Nothing or nobody has the right to dictate how you live your life or who you choose to share it with.

Unsilenced

Oct 19, 2009
Master of the Skies said:
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:
Why take a pill? If you want to have sex with someone of the same sex then you are already Bi-sexual therefore anyone who takes the pill is already Bi-sexual before taking it. If you don't but want to want to have sex with someone of the same sex then why? There has to be some alternative reason to want to desire something you don't desire, or you are insane...
Uh no. That's as ridiculous as saying that if a pill makes asparagus taste good and I decide to take it then asparagus must have tasted good to me before. I'd hope people are able to think ahead and tell that while they might dislike something now if they take the pill they might enjoy it later and decide based off of this.
How about a pill that makes feces taste good then, or putrid animal carcass? Would you take a pill that makes you enjoy stabbing yourself in the face with a fork? How about a pill that makes it OK to kill people? you might like it later.

A chemically induced sexual experiment would require you already be curious unless the pill was forced on you.
Not at all. All those things have other downsides to them. Would it be so hard to be honest and not pick examples that have ethical downsides and health concerns?
What if there was a pill that made you like [insert the type of music you hate most here]? What if you could enjoy any movie, regardless of quality?

Spaggiari

Jan 28, 2009
I have enough trouble trying to attract members of one sex. If I were bisexual that would probably just mean twice the rejection from people I'm attracted to.

Spearmaster

Mar 10, 2010
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:
Why take a pill? If you want to have sex with someone of the same sex then you are already Bi-sexual therefore anyone who takes the pill is already Bi-sexual before taking it. If you don't but want to want to have sex with someone of the same sex then why? There has to be some alternative reason to want to desire something you don't desire, or you are insane...
Uh no. That's as ridiculous as saying that if a pill makes asparagus taste good and I decide to take it then asparagus must have tasted good to me before. I'd hope people are able to think ahead and tell that while they might dislike something now if they take the pill they might enjoy it later and decide based off of this.
How about a pill that makes feces taste good then, or putrid animal carcass? Would you take a pill that makes you enjoy stabbing yourself in the face with a fork? How about a pill that makes it OK to kill people? you might like it later.

A chemically induced sexual experiment would require you already be curious unless the pill was forced on you.
Not at all. All those things have other downsides to them. Would it be so hard to be honest and not pick examples that have ethical downsides and health concerns?
You don't see an ethical downside with tampering with someones brain chemistry to induce a selected behavior? I would like to hear some ethical benefits to this Bi-sexual pill. Something better than "har har more sex for me lolz".

Spearmaster

Mar 10, 2010
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:

You don't see an ethical downside with tampering with someones brain chemistry to induce a selected behavior? I would like to hear some ethical benefits to this Bi-sexual pill. Something better than "har har more sex for me lolz".
You do know the difference between ethical downside and lack of ethical benefit, yes? There does not need to be an ethical benefit to it. There is no ethical downside because someone is altering their own brain chemistry towards a specific purpose that is not harmful. Nowhere did I say there was an ethical benefit, I said there were ethical downsides to some of the things you made up.
So is there any benefit to this pill?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Cupcakie said:
Think about it. Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp. I'd eat that pill without hesitating.
If you want to bang Johnny Depp, you are bisexual already. You don't need a hypothetical pill.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
I would definitely not take it. I'm fine being only attracted to women. That's how it should be.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Wait a minute.
You talk about ecstasy, right?
Because I have suspicions that ecstasy is supposed to work like that.
[disclaimer: never tried ecstasy so my understanding about its effect is limited]

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
What's the point? I already am!
Okay, for the sake of conversation, yes, I probably would. I'd always prefer to be sexual open as it means you've got more to choose from.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
?

One of the most bizarre questions i've ever seen.

Short Answer, No.

Long Answer, why would i take a pill like that? Seriously if your GF found out you were taking a pill to make you bisexual she wouldn't exactly be happy about the long term state of your relationship. If your boyfriend who you met through using the pill found out that you'd need to pop a pill every day the rest of your life to stay in love with him, i doubt he'd be happy either.

You are what you are, why mess with it?

Spearmaster

Mar 10, 2010
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:
Spearmaster said:

You do know the difference between ethical downside and lack of ethical benefit, yes? There does not need to be an ethical benefit to it. There is no ethical downside because someone is altering their own brain chemistry towards a specific purpose that is not harmful. Nowhere did I say there was an ethical benefit, I said there were ethical downsides to some of the things you made up.
So is there any benefit to this pill?
That depends on your point of view and what you want. If you want more possible sexual partners, yes.
Bi-sexuality does not inherently mean more possible sexual partners, you do realize that right? It would only make YOU interested in a wider range of sexual partners while probably shutting you off from other possibilities at the same time.

Now if it were a pill to swap your sex for 24 hours that might be more interesting.