Poll: Would you watch gladiatorial combat?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
If they were 100% volunteers. If like real life Rome, killing was rare and it was mostly about putting on a show. Then yes I might dabble. In a way it's perhaps more honest than boxing where the long term risks (brain damage) aren't truly appreciated. I mean modern gloved boxing, apparently bare-knuckle is safer for brain damage because you can't strike head as often or hard.

I mean even a choreographed sport like pro-wrestling has huge health impacts on it's participants (spinal injuries, brain damage, heart strain related to unregulated steroid use).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Nah, I am however incredibly happy to sate my lust for destruction and combat by watching BattleBots. Let the sparks fly, my friends!
Queen Michael said:
No, I'm Swedish, and it's one thing to watch a Roman named Maximus kill in the Colosseum of Rome. It's another thing to watch a fighter called Per-Arne kill somebody at Ullevi in Göteborg.
Yes, but think of the Viking angle you guys can pull off though.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Nah, I am however incredibly happy to sate my lust for destruction and combat by watching BattleBots. Let the sparks fly, my friends!
Queen Michael said:
No, I'm Swedish, and it's one thing to watch a Roman named Maximus kill in the Colosseum of Rome. It's another thing to watch a fighter called Per-Arne kill somebody at Ullevi in Göteborg.
Yes, but think of the Viking angle you guys can pull off though.
Didn't think of that. And the old Norse names have been getting popular again...