Poll: You find 40 thousand dollars ?

Your Rival

Aug 11, 2013
DanDanikov said:
Is 40k really a backpack of money? I'm fairly sure that fits in an envelope.
I guess its in one dollar bills.

Hell no I'm not returning it, I'm deep in debt because of university costs. Even if I wasn't I'm sure I'd think of something to do with the money. I really doubt 90% of people who voted to return it are being truthful.

Montezuma's Lawyer

Nov 5, 2011
I currently cant afford to keep a roof over my head.

I'd take 1,000 and hide the rest in a secure location, if anyone approached me, I'd reveal that location, and explain why I took the 1k, I think even a mob lord would appreciate having his 39,000 secure, with just 1k missing.

I'd be able to feed me and my girlfriends for a while, that's what matters.

EDIT: Also, I would have the 39,000 converted into some obscure eastern European currency, before hiding it, for teh luls.

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
30 years ago, my mother moved 100,000$ in a backpack :) my grand mother lend it to her so she could buy us a house. If you find 40k laying around, yeah, it could be drug money... or it could be the money of an old person trying to do some good... think about it :)

Rock 'n' Soul

Nov 15, 2009
Being recently unemployed, I'd settle my debts and pay the next 6 months of my rent. I could blow through 40k in drug money pretty fast/easy. Realistically? Who knows what I'd do........

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
nykirnsu said:
I'd keep it and spend it all on Games Workshop products, it just seems like the right thing to do in this situation.
Yeah! For a whole forty grand you could buy like 12 Empire Handgunners!

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
I would return it and hope that it proves to be a worthwhile investment in the end. ;)

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I would probably keep it if I thought I'd get away with it. So, if I found it somewhere where I thought there would be security cameras I would return it, otherwise keep it.

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
I would give it back. Who knows where it comes from, and what it was made with? 40k probably weren't dropped by some rich manager. That's probably not clean money. No thanks.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I'd be tempted to take it, but no one carries that much cash around with them unless they're doing something seriously illegal, so the chances of it being drug money or some other such related crime, are very high. Do I want to turn in drug money to the police? No because then that might make the criminals angry, and who's to say the police would believe me? Hell they might even think I'm a suspect and that I want to confess or something, and I'm sure as hell not going to take it as that could get me killed. So seriously I'd probably just high tale it out of there and forget I ever saw it. Now if I knew I could take it without any repercussions what so ever? Yeah I'd take it....

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
I don't want to be the target of some junkey from Essex, thanks.

Give it to the police. I don't know where it came from, why it was there, or why it's got powdery ketchup on it.

Edit: Realistically speaking, and knowing me, I'd trip over the backpack, break an arm, someone would walk by, kick my body, take the money, then get shot by a drug lord going to pick it up only a few meters away.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I would try to return it in whatever way I could. If that didn't work, I would probably take it to a police station. $40000 dollars chilling in a back pack will more than likely belong to someone with drug affiliation. The last thing I want is a drug dealer gunning for me because I got a little greedy.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I'd give it to the police, and if nobody claims it within a certain period of time it's legally mine.
If I do get to keep it, I live off of it for the next three years.
Captcha: Start for only $1

fezgod

Dec 7, 2012
Honestly, if there's no form of identification or anyway for me to find the original owner of the money, I'd probably just take it. But if the backpack was, say, left in front of my house or on top of my car or something I would turn it over the police.

lSHaDoW-FoXl

Jul 17, 2008
I don't quite buy that a lot of people 'wouldn't keep the money' when a lot of people can't even stop contributing to the slaughter of millions upon millions of animals just because they taste good or because they look good. Or how about we talk about those children working in some sweatshop for pennies just so we can have a bunch of useless junk. Would I return it? Honestly, I believe it would depend on if the person deserved to even have such money.

Mikejames

Jan 26, 2012
An amount that high warrants taking to the police.

lSHaDoW-FoXl said:
I don't quite buy that a lot of people 'wouldn't keep the money' when a lot of people can't even stop contributing to the slaughter of millions upon millions of animals just because they taste good or because they look good.
Different debate entirely my friend.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
I've been living in a tent in the garden of my parents house in a city I find soul-suckingly dull trying to find any work I can here or, ideally, elsewhere. I'd snap that cash up so I could rent a place in a new city and not have to worry about money for a while as I carry on looking for work. I'd be careful about spending it and avoid putting too much into a bank account and only using it for untrackable, barring rent and utilities, purchases (mostly essentials like food, maybe driving lessons, definitely gaming stuff).

I'd probably feel bad until I got a 40' TV with surround sound and a PS4.