Poll: You have a clean record. Excellent job, citizen!

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I once received a warning for calling someone out on their trolling. I guess the mods didn't think they were. I can't even remember what they were trolling about but I use the word pretty sparingly so I'm assuming they really were.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Pretty sure I got four, once for too short a post, once for making a joke that involved grievous spelling errors so the mods thought I was just screwing around (it was part of the joke though). I forget what the other two were.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Catfood220 said:
Ok, I got a warning for posting a reply on a thread over a month old on the Reviews Forum. It was a little harsh and really annoying but in the end its my own fault for not reading the rules.
Wait, we're not allowed to post on old threads? I've done that several times and have never received any wrath. Heck, I recently commented on Moviebob's review of Argo and that was definitely created over a month ago. I had recently seen it and felt like adding my take on it to the thread.
IMO, adding to older threads makes more sense than having the monthly rape, ZP has gone down in quality, ME3 ending, Your favourite game, etc... threads.
In fact, plenty of other people do it. The Scary Thread has to have been necro'd at least a couple dozen times.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
No warnings, not even for low content.

I found it confusing how people can still get those. If you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute to the thread, then maybe you shouldn't post in it.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
i have never had a warning not a one but then again i tend to just scrap posts if i think someone might have a problem with them i hate getting quoted and i hate getting into conflicts also i tend to not make jokes because on teh interwebs anything will be misconstrued
i am a mod over on a different site but we use super lax rules Ive only ever banned spambots, console "gamers"* and the really bad apples and haven't given out a warning in like 2 months though that's probably more a comment on the size of our user base rather than ho lax our rules are

*disclamer that was a joke

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Let's see: low content post, inflammatory post, another inflammatory post against the same guy in the space of an hour or two, and....dammit, what was my fourth? Oh, I remember, someone insulted me using the expression "cinysim [sic] is the incopentent [sic] twin of wisdom," and I told him to learn to spell.

What can I say? I used to be the type of guy who, if I thought someone needed to be told to shut his yap, I told him to shut his yap, and to hell with courtesy. Courtesy was for people who deserved it.

Incidentally, the guy I had the flame war with must have had a worse record than myself, since he finished our little fracas with a two-week suspension and, I believe, quit the site upon suspension.

Anyway, been there, done that. Tangled with the Dark Side, got my hand chopped off, put the black glove over my cyber replacement as a warning not to go down that path.

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
I've lost count long ago but my health meter is always one step from banning. Me and Escapist mods do not seem to agree on whether short answers should belong to discussion. But hey, living on the edge.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
TopazFusion said:
RedDeadFred said:
Catfood220 said:
Ok, I got a warning for posting a reply on a thread over a month old on the Reviews Forum. It was a little harsh and really annoying but in the end its my own fault for not reading the rules.
Wait, we're not allowed to post on old threads? I've done that several times and have never received any wrath. Heck, I recently commented on Moviebob's review of Argo and that was definitely created over a month ago. I had recently seen it and felt like adding my take on it to the thread.
IMO, adding to older threads makes more sense than having the monthly rape, ZP has gone down in quality, ME3 ending, Your favourite game, etc... threads.
In fact, plenty of other people do it. The Scary Thread has to have been necro'd at least a couple dozen times.
Whoahhh, hold the phone there.

You're not allowed to post in old threads in the User Reviews section. The "don't necro threads" rule only applies to that subforum.

Having said that, excessive thread necro'ing on any subforum, in a short space of time, will also warrant mod wrath.
Ah okay. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
i voted two because i thought you were talking about criminal records......my bad

Malty Milk Whistle

Oct 29, 2011
I got a warning for no apparent reason, when I checked the thread in question, I had posted nothing.
I mean a blank box.
My meticulously thought out argument into something or other had been deleted by the cruel gods of the internet.
Sad times.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Over 4 years clear which feels pretty good, although sometime when I read my own stuff back I think 'oh crap, did that go too far,' but not yet apparently.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Jimmy T. Malice said:
I lurked on the forum for a bit before joining to get a sense of the rules, so I've never managed to violate them.
That's more or less the case with me too. I don't post as often as some people do, but I would say often enough to keep my wits about and try an behave or I'd be noticed being rude or something.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Never had any warnings. I don't post unless I have something relevant to say so the low content warnings never happen. I also get a lot of satisfaction from appearing more intelligent, logical and more knowledgeable than anyone who tries to argue with me. One time I had several people argue against a post I made and I was able to politely refute them all into submission without so much as a counter-counter-argument from anyone involved. I had given myself immense satisfaction that night. I will never forget it.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
When it was an announced that Obsidian were doing an old-school RPG kickstarter, my delight resulted in a rather low content post. I would prefer to be absolutely clean, but if I'm to get a warning, that was probably the most worthwhile thing to have it on

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Copper Zen said:
The Man ain't got nuthin' on me! Who rocks? I ROCK!!!
I just did the thing I hate the most, I answered your poll based on the headline...
So I said "none" because I thought you meant in real life -.-

Then I went and checked my profile and apparently I have none :p
I think I've gotten one for low content sometimes at the start of my Escapist career

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I once posted a video without writing anything. Apparently that's naughty, now I know. Personally I thought the video didn't need any explanation.

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
None yet, though I don't post very often. Plus I'm the kinda guy who proof reads everything before posting to make sure I'm not offending anyone. Which can sometimes be very difficult when I'm debating/arguing with people. Because really on the inside I can sometimes feel mad, but know it'll bite me in the ass if I let it show.

I will say that I do enjoy trawling though threads and following the chain of warning/banning posts (one tends to lead to another). It's kinda like a sick perverted pleasure :) .

Aug 1, 2010
I had one a very long time ago. It's since been wiped.

If I remember correctly, it was in the days when I still went to the Religion and Politics threads without tactical anti-rage gear.

Something about calling all religious people willfully ignorant.

Good times.

By the way, I know this is just the ravings of the homeless man against the side of the police headquarters, but the Low Content rule really shouldn't be applied so strictly. Yes, when someone says "This" it's an appropriate warning, but many videos and pictures posted are worth, as they say, a thousand words.