Poll: You have to cut off a finger....

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I was going to say left pinky but after those guitarrist replies i'll change it to the right pinky, i don't know how to play guitarr but i'd like to keep it as a posiblity.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
Pinky and doesnt mater what hand. I rarely use it though I have a feeling I'd miss it if it was gone.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Pinky right hand, I'd have to modify the way I type some, but the other fingers are needed for gaming, which is more important.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
UnknownGunslinger said:
The pinky has a supporting role on your grip, you can't hold stuff properly without it.
Somebody hands you something or throws an object for you to catch and you instantly drop it the second you've caught it!
Your grip virtually looses all its strength without the pinky to finish that enveloping motion your fingers do around the object.
Its your pinky that supports all the weight from holding and object, and without it stuff just slips and falls.
What he said.

Your pinky is connected to the muscles on the side of your hand, and without your pinky those muscles are basically dead, meaning about 1/3 of your palm will be limp.

Ringfinger all the way.... The left one.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Ring finger as pinky would off balance the rest of the hand as its there for that reason.While still leaving all my "useful" fingers working

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
the index finger of the guy who made me do it.
never said it had to be MY finger.
ambiguity works in the other persons favour.

Emurlahn

Jan 13, 2010
Foot.

Yeah, that's right, I'd rather loose a foot than one of my fingers.

Reason? I play saxophone, piano and bass, so I kinda need all my fingers.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Right pinky, so I can still play Guitar. I won't be able to play piano well, but not much to be done about that. Though, my grip would suffer a lot... Dang it, I need all my fingers! Why are you making me choose like this??

SuperiorityComplex

Aug 15, 2011
my right ring finger. I need all my left fingers for playing the violin, and the right ring finger would be best to lose, and still keep the bow held halfway decently.

Mind you, I say that, and my right finger is almost exclusively in use when I'm using my mouse. Dear heavens it'd take some getting used to to train my hand to use a mouse without it.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
What is this, heavy rain? next it will be all EAT THE DONUT, DON'T EAT THE DONUT

anyways yah, i'd cut amputate my pinky, i don't use it that much

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Ham_authority95 said:
Pinky finger on my right hand. I play guitar, so any other finger would be unacceptable.

While I AM trying to learn piano, and you kind of need all fingers for that, I'll just learn it without my pinky so people will be all like "Wow, you're talented!" and come to my shows.
This would be my first choice as well. Not only for guitar, but also gameing, where the right hand doesn't need a pinky for the mouse, the left does for the keyboard (pc keyboard, not music keyboard)

Of course there is a much better choice

Baron von Blitztank said:
The point is that you have to cut off a finger, which one is it?
Since the point doesn't state, whos finger it is, i would heroically cut off the right thumb of my captor (unless he/she was a lefty, then i'd go for left thumb) in order to save myself, the princess, and the entire world.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Baron von Blitztank said:
Haven't seen one of these threads for a while so decided "why the hell not?"
Make up a story, someone ties you up and you have to cut off one of your fingers. That or you're really drunk and your mates dare you to do it. Whatever ties your fancy.

The point is that you have to cut off a finger, which one is it?
Personally I'd go for eiher the left ring finger or my left pinky, neither of which I see having any further use in life

And YES, I know the thumb technically doesn't count as a finger!
(And if you could specify which hand you're cutting the finger off, that'd be great)
The Pinky Finger on my Right hand.
2 Reasons why

1.) I broke it before and it's never really straightened out.
2.) I don't need my right pinky for anything.
- I strum guitar with my right hand
- I use my left pinky when holding a cup to be fancy.

So No problem there. :D

*CHOPS FINGER OFF* goodbye useles!!

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Left ring finger, as the only thing it does on my keyboard is press the tab key when I'm opening steam from a game.